Like Tree86Likes

Banned?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    I got one for calling a mod the same thing he called me in another infraction
    A got one because a Super Mod called me a cunt, so i called him a dick.. Lifes a bitch, it happens.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Stann just got one and is now bitching about it
    I think its because of me Stann got infracted...if it was my bad as i never intended anybody to become abusive...

Going to set up a poll now..

Edit: Problem

Cant set up a poll,anybody know why this may be?
    Last edited by Steve*; 17/02/2011 at 07:56 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    "Reason: Being an unhelpful cuntflap" - Setting a great example there..
    Highfive?

No?

Oh.. ok.

4. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Highfive?

No?

Oh.. ok.
    Honestly, I did laugh when you put it, but then again if it was a member who had said it it would have resulted in a infraction/ban.

I and I know many other think the same about this, but it does seem like the Staff do not have rules and can say what they like and get away with it, I think maybe if they do say something that would get a member a infraction they should get one and maybe a short ban from being a staff member.

The staff are suppose to be the most mature people on the site, granted a few are but a few can be dicks and use there power to insult other and pick on people they dislike by giving out infraction for stuff they would give a infraction to another member for.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Honestly, I did laugh when you put it, but then again if it was a member who had said it it would have resulted in a infraction/ban.

I and I know many other think the same about this, but it does seem like the Staff do not have rules and can say what they like and get away with it, I think maybe if they do say something that would get a member a infraction they should get one and maybe a short ban from being a staff member.

The staff are suppose to be the most mature people on the site, granted a few are but a few can be dicks and use there power to insult other and pick on people they dislike by giving out infraction for stuff they would give a infraction to another member for.
    Danny Staff do get infracted... JP got infracted when he called me a cunt.. As i did when i responded, with calling him a dick and a douche.

6. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Danny Staff do get infracted... JP got infracted when he called me a cunt.. As i did when i responded, with calling him a dick and a douche.
    Fair enough. They should still get some sort of punishment tho, we get banned for limited times, why shouldn't they?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Fair enough. They should still get some sort of punishment tho, we get banned for limited times, why shouldn't they?
    We also get banned if we accumulate the amount of points that merit the ban (I.E 30 points for a day ban).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If they get up to the required Infraction points, they do get banned though. I had this conversation with Seasn Ages ago. If a mod breaks the rules a Super Mod infracts them. If they get to say 30 infraction points, they get banned for a day. etc etc.

EDIT: ZOOMED BY ALFIE

9. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

1. If you act like a cuntflap, be prepared to be labelled one.
    2. I have been infracted a fair few times while being a moderator, as well have other mods, and we can still get banned.
    3. I hate everyone, thus, infract everyone the same.

While I understand your problem, as having just been infracted, your anger might be slightly misplaced, as while you are upset at the nature of your infraction, if you hadn't done something to deserve that infraction, then you would have had no exposure to the word 'cuntflap'.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Redrup View Post
    We also get banned if we accumulate the amount of points that merit the ban (I.E 30 points for a day ban).
    Did not know this... wow

shocked me a bit tbh, but in a good way

11. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrup View Post
    Has a member of staff ever been banned?

If you remember Kris stole someones work, if that was a member there would have been a ban/perma ban. Granted Kris did stay away from the site for a while but I bet he didn't get anything for it?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I think they can be Danny, i just dont think that they let their points build up often enough to result in a ban. And if we were without a few mods because of a ban who would keep the site running properly?
    Off topic i know but how come everybody ignores me?

13. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Quick question. Did Redders get an infraction when he infracted me for being a 'super 'tard'? Curious.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

If you remember Kris stole someones work, if that was a member there would have been a ban/perma ban. Granted Kris did stay away from the site for a while but I bet he didn't get anything for it?
    No we wouldnt off, that is stupid.. Kris was ridiculed for ages.. If we stole someone else work, it would be taken down and thread closed. End of matter.

15. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    1. If you act like a cuntflap, be prepared to be labelled one.
    2. I have been infracted a fair few times while being a moderator, as well have other mods, and we can still get banned.
    3. I hate everyone, thus, infract everyone the same.

While I understand your problem, as having just been infracted, your anger might be slightly misplaced, as while you are upset at the nature of your infraction, if you hadn't done something to deserve that infraction, then you would have had no exposure to the word 'cuntflap'.
    But if I'd have said what I said then followed it by my last post on that thread I wouldn't have got the infraction. The only reason I got it was due to me not saying what I said in one post.

Seems unfair.

16. Man the fuck up people that are whining, its an infraction that will expire, you arent banned so just live with it, life goes on...

17. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    But if I'd have said what I said then followed it by my last post on that thread I wouldn't have got the infraction. The only reason I got it was due to me not saying what I said in one post.

Seems unfair.
    How is it unfair?

If someone posted two posts, one saying:

lol
    and one, about a hour later, saying:

I just signed Barry Hayles for Man United
    Would that negate the pointless/one word post?

No.

So suck it up.

18. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    How is it unfair?

If someone posted two posts, one saying:

and one, about a hour later, saying:

Would that negate the pointless/one word post?

No.

So suck it up.
    But my comments were on-topic with the subject of the thread.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    But my comments were on-topic with the subject of the thread.
    But I didn't infract you for being off topic, I infracted you for being a cuntflap.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

As far as I'm aware, a Staff Member hasn't been banned, but I think that's mostly down to the fact that when they get an infraction they think "Fuck, I need to sort it out and not break the rules again" as they have more to lose than a regular member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    Quick question. Did Redders get an infraction when he infracted me for being a 'super 'tard'? Curious.
    To my recollection, no (Though I have no idea about that infraction, there are a lot given out) but that's because 1. The 'reason' for infraction just needs to be filled and so sometimes we attempt to be creative. 2. They're in jest and so his 'super-tard' thing wasn't serious (As far as I know).

21. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    As far as I'm aware, a Staff Member hasn't been banned, but I think that's mostly down to the fact that when they get an infraction they think "Fuck, I need to sort it out and not break the rules again" as they have more to lose than a regular member.

To my recollection, no (Though I have no idea about that infraction, there are a lot given out) but that's because 1. The 'reason' for infraction just needs to be filled and so sometimes we attempt to be creative. 2. They're in jest and so his 'super-tard' thing wasn't serious (As far as I know).
    Okay then, just seems a wee bit unfair.I called it him as a drawback to that infraction, seems he took it more serious.

22. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    But I didn't infract you for being off topic, I infracted you for being a cuntflap.
    So, by staying on-topic which is a rule I got a infraction?

I gave both negative and constructive criticism.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So, by staying on-topic which is a rule I got a infraction?

I gave both negative and constructive criticism.
    Do you understand the concept of rules?

By abiding by one, doesn't negate the fact that you broke another.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    Okay then, just seems a wee bit unfair.I called it him as a drawback to that infraction, seems he took it more serious.
    TBH If you have a query about Redders infraction you, you should either PM him or Sean. As Redders is a admin. He is above Alfie. So alfie really cant comment on the Infractions redders hands out.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Redrup View Post
    1. The 'reason' for infraction just needs to be filled and so sometimes we attempt to be creative. 2. They're in jest and so his 'super-tard' thing wasn't serious (As far as I know).
    I think people need to chill out more when they get an infraction.
    People take it so personally if a mod calls them a dick.
    If a mod calls you a dick, just think were you acting like a dick beforehand.
    99% percent of the time the mods are right.
    Fair enough sometimes they over react but that rarely occurs.
    Face the concequences like men,guys

26. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    TBH If you have a query about Redders infraction you, you should either PM him or Sean. As Redders is a admin. He is above Alfie. So alfie really cant comment on the Infractions redders hands out.
    Aha, I dern't not. I reported a post by Redders, he seen it and sent me the original infraction. Same thing would probably occur.

27. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Do you understand the concept of rules?

By abiding by one, doesn't negate the fact that you broke another.
    I do.

But I fail to see how giving both negative and constructive criticism is braking a rule.

People do this on a daily basis, yes I bet they don't get a infraction.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Good point, people also need to stop sucking up to them, as it gets you nowhere

29. I remember when I got my first infraction, it was like "wth?!". Rechecked the forum rules, then it was like "duh!". Deserved. Haven't made the same mistake since.

30. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    The Truth Hurts.. If you being a dick, why shouldnt they tell you... I had it enough times. just get on with it.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

I got a 15 point infraction from Sean for calling Scott a cunt. Mods get infractions all the time, you lot just dont get to see them.

Only Jake and Kris cry about them

33. Quote Originally Posted by mfage1 View Post
    It causes me to take mental notes on not to infract the aforementioned kiss-ass any time soon

34. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    I've probably had more infraction then anyone on this site, and I don't recall arguing with one, bar one time when I got a ban. Only to find out I had points that should have expired.

But I really do feel some infractions/mods are unfair.

35. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I do.

But I fail to see how giving both negative and constructive criticism is braking a rule.

People do this on a daily basis, yes I bet they don't get a infraction.
    Ok. Please. Quote your post, and break it down into where you gave 'constructive critisism'.
    As I am unable to accept that saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Honestly, they look rubbish. A picture in which you've altered the colour and added some horrible text.
    Is anywhere near constructive, if anything, it's being elitist, and also being a cuntflap.

36. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Ok. Please. Quote your post, and break it down into where you gave 'constructive critisism'.
    As I am unable to accept that saying:

Is anywhere near constructive, if anything, it's being elitist, and also being a cuntflap.
    Yes, in that comment I did give negative criticism. But people say worse then this on a daily basis and I bet they don't get punished for it.

However, if you look further down I did give some positive comments.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yes, in that comment I did give negative criticism. But people say worse then this on a daily basis and I bet they don't get punished for it.

Each post is treated separately as far as i can tell... And how do you know people dont get infracted.

38. Does it take a while to "write out" an infraction on somebody?

Because although i understand the size of this site, and no way can be totally monitored all the time, but i have seen occasions where things have been let go, that others get massively stung for with mods in attendance. And that is also taking into account warnings before hand.

I was thinking is it like a paper work issue, "can i be arsed"... you know UK Police mentality sort of thing

39. Irish Scouse's Avatar Irish ScousePremium Member
    Bob Kelso. ❥
    Or they do get punished but just accept they did wrong and get on with their lives.

40. Quote Originally Posted by mfage1 View Post
    I hate when people say im sucking up.
    Is it wrong to follow the rules?
    I offer my honest opinion on everything and try be helpful weather it be a mod,premium member or noob.
    So i dont see this as sucking up,more so being helpful.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

But your origional comment caused someone to react, and get banned for a week.

Think before you post next time, if you have more to say, then say it.

Also, I would love to hear where you get your information about infractions? I am pretty sure we infract most, if not all, posts worthy of infractions.

Mainly because the QQ PM's are just so much gosh darn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mfage1 View Post
    Does it take a while to "write out" an infraction on somebody?

Because although i understand the size of this site, and no way can be totally monitored all the time, but i have seen occasions where things have been let go, that others get massively stung for with mods in attendance. And that is also taking into account warnings before hand.

I was thinking is it like a paper work issue, "can i be arsed"... you know UK Police mentality sort of thing
    Doesn't take long, and everytime we infract someone, we get some man points, so it's all good.

Sometimes we even have a race to see who can give out the infraction first.

42. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    *Sigh* I can tell I'm not going to win this, as I feel many of you are missing the point.

I never argue with a infraction, as I always do get on with stuff, but I seriously do feel some are unfair and not needed.

43. Quote Originally Posted by mfage1 View Post
    Does it take a while to "write out" an infraction on somebody?

It takes barely any time, the Staff of this site never - as far as I know - think 'I can't be asked to infract this guy' and move on as it doesn't take much effort. In fact, I think the majority enjoy giving them out

Also, about your 2nd paragraph... How do you know things have been 'let go'? Only Staff can see when a post has been infracted.

44. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    But your origional comment caused someone to react, and get banned for a week.
    No, his reaction caused him to get a ban. What I said was NOT aimed at him in anyway.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    I offer my honest opinion on everything and try be helpful weather it be a mod,premium member or noob.
    Erm... I was actually joking mate, didn't know you have been known as a suck up before
    This post and your last one does look like your campaigning for a green name though, look at it from an outside view

46. Irish Scouse's Avatar Irish ScousePremium Member
    Bob Kelso. ❥
    Doesn't take long, and everytime we infract someone, we get some man points, so it's all good.

Sometimes we even have a race to see who can give out the infraction first.
    The real man points are given out to those who say something in attempt to get someone else infracted.

47. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Have to say pretty much agree with you on that one as I noticed earlier. Helped a few people out elsewhere. But I've been on this site a while now, and I've seen a few brown-nosers lol. Like yourself I have no qualms in helpin people out whatsoever. Okay I've made a few hiccups along the way, but I tried lol. Never been accused though. (touching wood)

48. So, being a Mod is a fun 'job' Dunc ?

49. Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    No, his reaction caused him to get a ban. What I said was NOT aimed at him in anyway.
    But your oriniganl comment was not helpful, productive and just damn right rude.... Most would of reacted in Stanns way"!!!

50. Quote Originally Posted by Redrup View Post
    It takes barely any time, the Staff of this site never - as far as I know - think 'I can't be asked to infract this guy' and move on as it doesn't take much effort. In fact, I think the majority enjoy giving them out

Also, about your 2nd paragraph... How do you know things have been 'let go'? Only Staff can see when a post has been infracted.
    Fair enough... and ye by the looks of this thread it does seem an enjoyable task to infract people

And i guess i don't really touche i suppose i didn't take into account when individuals get banned for something someone else doesn't, they may have wracked up points before hand... ill get my coat.

Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO