Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish Scouse
  • 1 Post By Steve*
  • 1 Post By W4FC B3N
  • 3 Post By Average Joe
  • 1 Post By ajt09
  • 1 Post By Jak
  • 3 Post By Joel`
  • 1 Post By Jak

Ingrown toenails?

  1. Ingrown toenails?

    Hi guys, just wondering if anybody else has had the misfortune of these?

    I had them for years and it took 6 different operations to get my feet right.
    My last one was 4 years ago and the nail bed was removed but they left some nail there and since it had begun to rot and was pretty horrific looking.

    Finally got to the doctors today and they cut the whole thing off so now i have no nail on one of my big toes.

    Anyway my main point is anybody that has had them, have you continued to play sports?
    I used to when i was younger before i had the trouble but since my last operation I havnt been able to put any power into my kicks. Has anybody else noticed that?

    The most Famous case iv known of is Henrick Larrsons pretty horendous feet:
    http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a.../a_229209a.jpg

  2. And I complain about my feet <.<

    Never had the bad luck, however my uncle had something simillar once, it was just in one finger though I think, I remember it was quite painful for him.

  3. Poppa_ChesterCityFC's Avatar Poppa_ChesterCityFC
    Star Player
    I've had my whole toe nail fall of by itself, but thankfully one had already started growing before it came off.

    Didn't affect my ability to play sports but I gather that an ingrown toe nail is a heck off a lot more painful.

  4. Irish Scouse's Avatar Irish ScousePremium Member
    Bob Kelso. ❥
    Not gonna lie, cringed the whole way through reading that OP!
    Dunc likes this.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Scouse View Post
    Not gonna lie, cringed the whole way through reading that OP!
    LOL'd at that. You should of seen what they did. I was allowed to sit up and watch the whole thing.

    Didnt feel a thing but the anaesthetic has worn off now and i can feel the pain. Been told im not allowed to walk for 3 days

  6. Disgusting thread, probably the most disgusting I've read here.

    That said, yes, I've had the problem in one of my toes (If we're talking about the same thing, that is. Disease names in Spanish and English aren't the most similar, hopefully I'm getting this one right...). It was painful to play football with the nail like that but in all honesty I didn't give a shit, once I got into the game I didn't care. It hurt like hell after the game, though. I ended up chopping a large chunk of the nail myself and fortunately it started growing back the right way.

    My cousin OTOH tried to do the same, but he used to go sailing a lot back then, and you really don't want river water in an open wound - his big toe got infected and they had to remove the whole nail, and he was lucky not to lose the toe.

    And if you're not getting any power into your kicks is because your subconsciously scared of hitting the ball strong enough because you think it's gonna hurt.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Athe~ View Post
    And if you're not getting any power into your kicks is because your subconsciously scared of hitting the ball strong enough because you think it's gonna hurt.
    Yeah that is the main reason behind the lack of power is due to fear. I dont even really think about it but its always in the back of my mind and i pull back.

    Oh, i wouldnt have attempted to take it off myself. Glad to hear your came back. Unfortunately the root of my nail was also removed so afraid that mine will never grow back. Just gotta keep it clean now and hope that it doesnt get infected.

    It is quite disgusting though

  8. Yeah, big toes too! I just kept attacking them and cutting them away as they went to curl inwards. Dont get them anymore yours sound pretty bad mate!

  9. Can't say I have had ingrowing toe nails. I have lost a few toe nails after having my toes stamped on at football or being hit with a cricket ball.

    Apart from that, I had bone bruising on the top of my right foot a few years back. I still played football, rather stupidly, and suffered a lot of pain as I was a striker, and obviously had to try and hit the ball pretty hard. I don't have it any more, thankfully, and can hit a football hard with no pain.

  10. Yeah they are dude.
    Both sides of the big toe on my left foot and one side of the right. The right has been ok but im left footed so it ended my chances of playing footie.
    Glad the problem stopped, did you notice you not hitting the ball as hard after having them?

  11. Alcaraz's Avatar Alcaraz
    Modern Day Legend
    Thankfully i have not had any, had part of my nail nearly drop off once while playing cricket, eventually had to cut it off but it grew back eventually and it did hurt for a while but much better now

  12. never had one thank god. sounds so grim

  13. So glad had me corn beef sarnie an hour earlier. But still-the thought of it just makes me wince a helluvalot.

    Sayin that, got an infection in a toe nail that has killed it off. Unfortunately, I stubbed my toe on the door frame then discovered why it's hurting so much-it's now at a 90 degree angle but still attached sure that can't be a good thing. Sure as hell don't want to be conciouss when it gets sorted and thats for sure-squeamish enough as it is

  14. Had one a year ago, and didn't see the doctors for a while 'cause i thought it would sort itself out... When i finally went, they had to remove about half of the nail the way down ...

    It hurt a lot for a few days after they removed it, but thankfully it's fine now...

    Best advice is to see your doc, and not wait months if you think you've got one of these buggers

  15. Joel`'s Avatar Joel`
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    So glad had me corn beef sarnie an hour earlier. But still-the thought of it just makes me wince a helluvalot.

    Sayin that, got an infection in a toe nail that has killed it off. Unfortunately, I stubbed my toe on the door frame then discovered why it's hurting so much-it's now at a 90 degree angle but still attached sure that can't be a good thing. Sure as hell don't want to be conciouss when it gets sorted and thats for sure-squeamish enough as it is
    When my Dad had a problem with his nail they completely removed his nail bed while he was conscious.

    Enjoy.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Joel` View Post
    When my Dad had a problem with his nail they completely removed his nail bed while he was conscious.

    Enjoy.
    o...dear....god

    Think I'll drink a bottle of JD and do it myself. Sod that!

  17. W4FC B3N's Avatar W4FC B3N
    Modern Day Legend
    I've never but I had a mate in high school that used to.. His nickname was feyt lmao.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Joel` View Post
    When my Dad had a problem with his nail they completely removed his nail bed while he was conscious.

    Enjoy.
    I was concious too Joel, best thing was i got to see everything they did to it too. I had the bed removed a couple of years ago so mine wasnt too bad.

    20 hours later its still bleeding, I guess i shouldnt be driving with it

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    I was concious too Joel, best thing was i got to see everything they did to it too. I had the bed removed a couple of years ago so mine wasnt too bad.

    20 hours later its still bleeding, I guess i shouldnt be driving with it
    Best thing? Dude, that's just........no

  20. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Best thing? Dude, that's just........no
    LOL, it wasnt that bad. I wouldnt be squeamish at all. Have to say the hardest part was getting injections to freeze my foot. After that i didnt feel a thing for a few hours
    W4FC B3N likes this.

  21. W4FC B3N's Avatar W4FC B3N
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    LOL, it wasnt that bad. I wouldnt be squeamish at all. Have to say the hardest part was getting injections to freeze my foot. After that i didnt feel a thing for a few hours
    I had same when I sliced my knee, they stuck like 5 needles in to the open wound whilst I watched and my aunt threw up
    Steve* likes this.

  22. Does your toe look the same on top as it does underneath now steve?!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Does your toe look the same on top as it does underneath now steve?!
    Not yet, but the end result will be pretty much that. May be a slight scar on it but other than that it will be smooth. Plans for holidays this year involve getting a fake sculpted nail, like girls use on their fingers and getting it glued to my foot to look normal. Will be getting my dressing changed today, can take a picture of it if anybody is curious how gross it is?

  24. W4FC B3N's Avatar W4FC B3N
    Modern Day Legend
    I'd just leave it off, how often do girls (I'm presuming) see your feet? Lol.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Not yet, but the end result will be pretty much that. May be a slight scar on it but other than that it will be smooth. Plans for holidays this year involve getting a fake sculpted nail, like girls use on their fingers and getting it glued to my foot to look normal. Will be getting my dressing changed today, can take a picture of it if anybody is curious how gross it is?
    Instead of a fake nail, you should just draw on it and make it look like a bellend!
    Steve*, W4FC B3N and Chokopop like this.

  26. W4FC B3N's Avatar W4FC B3N
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Instead of a fake nail, you should just draw on it and make it look like a bellend!
    LMFAO!! Truly inspirational.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by W4FC B3N View Post
    I'd just leave it off, how often do girls (I'm presuming) see your feet? Lol.
    Well I would be wearing sandals on the beach and the missus is quite frankly grossed out about feet. Shes the one that convinced me to get something done with it because prior to surgery my toe looked like Gollum from lord of the rings

    LOL Average Joe.Epic idea. Reminder to self ( get waterproof marker )

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Not yet, but the end result will be pretty much that. May be a slight scar on it but other than that it will be smooth. Plans for holidays this year involve getting a fake sculpted nail, like girls use on their fingers and getting it glued to my foot to look normal. Will be getting my dressing changed today, can take a picture of it if anybody is curious how gross it is?
    Didn't realise you get fake nails that are sculpted, and glued on. Always assumed that once it's off, that's it. Would rather there's no pics-not had me lunch yet lol.


    And as for 5 needles in an open wound...the thought of that alone makes me want to throw up. Jesus
    Steve* likes this.

  29. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00078.JPG
Views:	10291
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	207914


    As promised here is my horribly disfigured toe.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post



    As promised here is my horribly disfigured toe.
    ...and then I just chundered everywhere!
    Steve* likes this.

  31. Joel`'s Avatar Joel`
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Attachment 207914


    As promised here is my horribly disfigured toe.
    Well, opening this thread after just polishing off a subway was a mistsake.
    ajt09, Steve* and Jak like this.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Joel` View Post
    Well, opening this thread after just polishing off a subway was a mistsake.
    well that depends. which sandwich was it? If it wasn't meatball marinara then its worth throwing back up

  33. Joel`'s Avatar Joel`
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    well that depends. which sandwich was it? If it wasn't meatball marinara then its worth throwing back up
    Italian BMT on herbs and cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, pepper, finished with honey mustard sauce.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Joel` View Post
    Italian BMT on herbs and cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, pepper, finished with honey mustard sauce.
    continue to stare at the picture until that vile fiend of a sandwich is expelled from your stomach!
    Steve* likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO