GUIDE TO ADDING KITS IN FM18 WITH FMXML.

  1. GUIDE TO ADDING KITS IN FM18 WITH FMXML.

    Quick Guide to how I get kits onto FM18 with FMXML.

    A basic tutorial just in case anyone has issues getting kits onto game.

    Firstly create a folder for the kits to go into so for example I’ve made kits for Tadcaster so I’ll name the folder Tadcaster kits but you can name it anything you want…https://gyazo.com/1455f409b8ac2231c6759126acc2240e

    So with all relevant folders open(documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2018/graphics) you should now have your created folder for your choice of kit or kits.

    What I do next is rename them with the ID from the game so for instance the ID for Tadcaster is 8325027 FMXML will automatically rename pics if more than one so in this case the away kit is 8325027 (2) and if I wanted a third it would be 8325027 (3).

    Open up FMXML…https://gyazo.com/56a930edceae19de35178cff3699b504

    On the browse drop down menu open up the location of the folder you want (so in this case it would be documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2018/graphics/Tadcaster kits).

    Then make sure the kits options Is selected. https://gyazo.com/7eecba0c3ad4193ae2652ba356b134ac

    Then I click the ‘GO’ button…a select ID pop up should then appear
    https://gyazo.com/2a2b3d28050474c6193787a90593d97c

    You should then enter the ID for the team kit (8325027) and because in this case the first option is the away kit 8325027 (2) I will select the away option then click add or press enter.
    https://gyazo.com/c6b74133993305908b5fa220a4c72e20

    Repeat this process for the home kit obviously checking the HOME option this time…https://gyazo.com/f983f443a3c2e0c5659bc7d0f5e56166

    It should then prompt you your ID’s are a success https://gyazo.com/a0c8b0c16089e524908628b94696c7d1

    Now barring any major f**k up your kits should be in the game (don’t forget to clear cache etc etc)
    https://gyazo.com/d3ca63ba1c967610f00f45f2ecdd663a

  2. Quote Originally Posted by KentClark View Post
    Quick Guide to how I get kits onto FM18 with FMXML.

    A basic tutorial just in case anyone has issues getting kits onto game.

    Firstly create a folder for the kits to go into so for example I’ve made kits for Tadcaster so I’ll name the folder Tadcaster kits but you can name it anything you want…https://gyazo.com/1455f409b8ac2231c6759126acc2240e

    So with all relevant folders open(documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2018/graphics) you should now have your created folder for your choice of kit or kits.

    What I do next is rename them with the ID from the game so for instance the ID for Tadcaster is 8325027 FMXML will automatically rename pics if more than one so in this case the away kit is 8325027 (2) and if I wanted a third it would be 8325027 (3).

    Open up FMXML…https://gyazo.com/56a930edceae19de35178cff3699b504

    On the browse drop down menu open up the location of the folder you want (so in this case it would be documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2018/graphics/Tadcaster kits).

    Then make sure the kits options Is selected. https://gyazo.com/7eecba0c3ad4193ae2652ba356b134ac

    Then I click the ‘GO’ button…a select ID pop up should then appear
    https://gyazo.com/2a2b3d28050474c6193787a90593d97c

    You should then enter the ID for the team kit (8325027) and because in this case the first option is the away kit 8325027 (2) I will select the away option then click add or press enter.
    https://gyazo.com/c6b74133993305908b5fa220a4c72e20

    Repeat this process for the home kit obviously checking the HOME option this time…https://gyazo.com/f983f443a3c2e0c5659bc7d0f5e56166

    It should then prompt you your ID’s are a success https://gyazo.com/a0c8b0c16089e524908628b94696c7d1

    Now barring any major f**k up your kits should be in the game (don’t forget to clear cache etc etc)
    https://gyazo.com/d3ca63ba1c967610f00f45f2ecdd663a
    Any chance you could put up a screenshot of the config file and one of where you save it? cheers

  3. Quote Originally Posted by newbs86 View Post
    Any chance you could put up a screenshot of the config file and one of where you save it? cheers
    Config file.
    https://gyazo.com/815c79ceb4973af29cff51fb1bca6d68

    You save it with the kits in the graphics folder.

  4. Thread stuck.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by KentClark View Post
    Config file.
    https://gyazo.com/815c79ceb4973af29cff51fb1bca6d68

    You save it with the kits in the graphics folder.
    My FMXML looks different to yours and is saving my config file differently too

  6. Quote Originally Posted by newbs86 View Post
    My FMXML looks different to yours and is saving my config file differently too

    Has it worked though?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by newbs86 View Post
    My FMXML looks different to yours and is saving my config file differently too

    This is what is being created below
    https://gyazo.com/a5b7e7a9700ecce1aa2c65e246fca0a3

    I have tried editing to replicate the file you config file you show but that doesnt work

  8. Quote Originally Posted by KentClark View Post
    Has it worked though?
    I'm afraid not!!!!

    Am i missing something here????

    https://gyazo.com/f2242bd35596c14388a344735c70d709

  9. Quote Originally Posted by newbs86 View Post
    I'm afraid not!!!!

    Am i missing something here????

    https://gyazo.com/f2242bd35596c14388a344735c70d709
    Think i know the issue here Pre game editor doesn't allow certain low league kits so i think i think you have to make sure they have kits before setting up a database.

  10. Thank would make sense. I did see in another thread someone mention the same regarding player faces.

    I really appreciate all your time on this one!!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by newbs86 View Post
    Thank would make sense. I did see in another thread someone mention the same regarding player faces.

    I really appreciate all your time on this one!!
    No worries mate happy to help...well sort of help

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO