Like Tree1345Likes

The 'Rate My Kit' Thread

1. The 'Rate My Kit' Thread

Post any kit designs in here please. Other members will give constructive criticism towards your kit, and hopefully tips on how to improve etc.

No abuse of any kind towards other members about their kits or anything else, some people are new to making kits and need help, not abuse.

*PLEASE RE-SIZE KITS TO A MAXIMUM OF 250x250 PIXELS* - Any Kits that are not resized will be deleted.

Any threads like this will be closed and re-directed to this one.

Cheers
    Last edited by StuW; 05/12/2010 at 06:32 AM.
    pointbreaker likes this.

2. As I found this template in the new section via StuW's thread, I thought it would be relevant to post it in here, the first kit on the new thread.

3. Really nice Toddzy, 9/10

4. We already have a kit rating thread

5. Totally new section if you look mate, its for FM2011

6. Well well, it seems I've jumped the gun! Sorry about that. The other one's still in use though?

7. I believe so yeh.

8. pistolped7's Avatar pistolped7
    Modern Day Legend
    Couple of kits with AK and DK

Galatasaray ( don't like the first one, but my brother insists it's better than the second one, which looks like a 'Partick Thistle top' )

Fenerbahce

Torino

And a couple of backs of kits on DK, template by kerlonmoura of FM Fanboys. Tjese are based on the actual cities and their flags, not the teams within.

Amsterdam (H based on flag, A refers to canals)

Buenos Aires (H based on Argentine flag and uses River Plate's sash, A based on Boca Juniors' belt stripe)

9. leeds retro kits

Just started playing around with kits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 'Rate My Kit' Thread-leeds_home.png   The 'Rate My Kit' Thread-leeds_away.png   The 'Rate My Kit' Thread-leeds_third.png  

Lucasssss5 likes this.

10. Parker_Rangers_1873's Avatar Parker_Rangers_1873
    First Team
    theres noo really point in one for fm 2011 because they are fantisy kits, and also the other one is still runnig ;S?

11. a Texture i made by following this tut http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/12152...ture-in-video/

12. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Nice texture.. I was going to attempt making a texture but couldn't really get my head round it.. Is that for RK template ?

Dazibest
    Loving the retro Leeds kits mate..

Here's a 90's Leeds kit with different logo's I did as a request

13. matty2505's Avatar matty2505
    Rotation
    My 2010 walsall fc kits

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rate & comment please

14. Name:  Hearts.png
Views: 8273
Size:  27.7 KB

The default template which can now be downloaded, think it's from sortitoutsi, so I'm not fully aware who to give credit to for it. Personally I prefer it to SS. So here is a Hearts kit. What do we think?

15. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post

The default template which can now be downloaded, think it's from sortitoutsi, so I'm not fully aware who to give credit to for it. Personally I prefer it to SS. So here is a Hearts kit. What do we think?

I think a guy called ' the answer ' made it but not fully sure, I know he's making templates for it.
    I'm currently making the Blue Square South division in this template and recently uploaded Blue Square North to the downloads section so should be available shortly...

But the Hearts kit is great and I agree this template is alot better than SS in my opinion

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Liverpool:

Umedalens IF:

16. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    A trio of kits I am using with Barcelona - H/A/T

17. Quote Originally Posted by dannyfiveo View Post
    Umedalens IF:
    Slightly overdone mate?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Slightly overdone mate?
    It's exactly as the kit is in real life mate haha.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Joshurawwwrr View Post
    Well, they will certainly get a lot of money sponsorship...

Debrecen Home - I was going for accuracy so don't blame me if the design is bad
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tharros; 16/11/2010 at 08:15 PM.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Joshurawwwrr View Post
    Good effort in that case

21. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    my current Newcastle kits -
    H/A/T
    TonyC123 likes this.

22. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Not being funny, but what is the point in this thread, when most people post in the original thread ???

23. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Phillips View Post
    Not being funny, but what is the point in this thread, when most people post in the original thread ???
    It needs closing, as this is for FM11, and the other is for FM10.

24. matty2505's Avatar matty2505
    Rotation
    Some kits ive just done

Rate and comment please

25. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Pretty good, like the second Walsall one

Some Leicester ones for a request

26. Very nice as usual danny. Although I'm not to sure about the repeated Addidas logos in the first one. I think it would look better without them and just have the two lines. One other thing, the T-Mobile logo looks rather jagged.

Ferencváros Home

Ferencváros Away

27. oneunited's Avatar oneunited
    Modern Day Legend
    i thought i'd try smtg fun
    Attached Images  

28. Sampadoria inspired homekit, pretty pleased with that
    Bordeaux inspired second kit, kinda like it
    Lakers inspired third kit. not too pleased.

would love some critics

29. Can people stop just posting kits without leaving feedback for other people. This is the 'RATE my kit thread', not the 'Spam your kits thread.'

This happened a lot in last years thread, and to be honest, the thread may as well not exist if people aren't going to use it for its intended purpose.

Perhaps there should be some sort of rules, like you have to rate the kits above you or something... IDK
    Last edited by Tharros; 20/11/2010 at 03:22 PM.

30. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    Very nice as usual danny. Although I'm not to sure about the repeated Addidas logos in the first one. I think it would look better without them and just have the two lines. One other thing, the T-Mobile logo looks rather jagged.

Ferencváros Home

Ferencváros Away
    Thanks for the feedback Tharros, I tried something different with the adidas logo's but yeah you're right on the sponsor does look a little rough on the edges.. As for yours there nice and neat, good colour combination can't fault them really

31. @ oneunited - The Colors look pretty good, but the logos aren't in the right places IMO. The United logo needs a nudge to the left and up a bit. Similarly, the Facebook text needs to be a little higher - a good measure is the middle (or the top depending on how high it is) of the logo should be about inline with the underarm part of the sleeve - look at my kits if you don't know what I mean.

@ Kristian60 - Very nice. Although, on the home kit, the red and black band doesn't look like it is going all the way to the edges of the shirt.

I decided to do a Ferencváros Third
    Last edited by Tharros; 20/11/2010 at 06:56 PM.

32. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post

I decided to do a Ferencváros Third
    Another very neat and effective kit, I'm struggling to find anything wrong with your kits to be honest

Couple of requests

33. Quote Originally Posted by dannyfiveo View Post
    Another very neat and effective kit, I'm struggling to find anything wrong with your kits to be honest

Couple of request'
    looking good, but the the way the blue stripes are extended to the sleeve make the kit look a bit 'flat'. you should consider keeping the stripes on the torso.

34. Thought I'd share everyone my 1st kit, I know it's bad but this is my 1st time using photoshop. When I have more time I will look at the tutorial's.

How are people getting the strips. are they a template?
    my 1st kit.psd[PHP]
    Edit: Sorry about the picture, in a rush, I will figure out how to upload later. My computer is being a dick
    Last edited by nelsonBcFc; 20/11/2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Photo

35. Yeah there is a list of templates in this thread.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    very simple, very effective, very neat. only thing is, i fell its missing a little white white trim. cant really put a finger on where, tho.

revisied my pro vercelli kits

XCII is the roman numerals for 92, pro vercelli was founded in 1892

37. I don't really like the pattern on the away kit. I breaks my eyes!
    Also I think the XCII is a little too high up the shirt on the third. I makes the top of the shirt look a bit cramped. Otherwise very nice.

As for my third kit, I don't know about putting more white in it. Limiting it to the sponsor makes it stand out.
    Last edited by Tharros; 21/11/2010 at 06:24 AM.

38. matty2505's Avatar matty2505
    Rotation

XCII is the roman numerals for 92, pro vercelli was founded in 1892[/QUOTE]

Really like this kit. not too sure about the size of the badge though

.................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Ive done some kits. not my best work, probably my worst actually but i wanted to do something different so i used errea kits as ive never used them before.I dont expect anyone to like these

Oh just relised i dint change the logo colour but cba to change it now

39. Quote Originally Posted by matty2505 View Post
    Ive done some kits. not my best work, probably my worst actually but i wanted to do something different so i used errea kits as ive never used them before.I dont expect anyone to like these)
    Thanks for the input,

i think the logo collides with the shirt design on both shirts, other than that, very nice

40. @matty2505

Just one thing, on the blue kit the sponsor overlaps with the white ribbon design, not anything mega but just makes it look a little less clear.

41. Only got photoshop yesterday, so i would like constructive criticism. It's an everton home kit, made by lotto template.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 'Rate My Kit' Thread-efclotto_h.png  

42. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjack41 View Post
    Only got photoshop yesterday, so i would like constructive criticism. It's an everton home kit, made by lotto template.
    Apple sponsor needs to be more central and further up mate, Everton badge is looking a little rough also, best bet for badges is wiki as there usually .png's and involves no cutting out or magic wand, just basically drag and drop onto your template, resize a bit and there good quality.

But other than that not bad for first attempt, photoshop is tricky at first but once you done one or two kits you'll pick things up...probably look better with a different collar on also

43. This is my first time making kits, Using SSD pretty basic and thought it was appropriate to use Help for heroes sponsers. What do you think, what improvements etc ? feedback will be taken on board.

44. dannyfiveo's Avatar dannyfiveo
    First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by AldoKemp-1 View Post

This is my first time making kits, Using SSD pretty basic and thought it was appropriate to use Help for heroes sponsers. What do you think, what improvements etc ? feedback will be taken on board.
    There good... design wise, it's just SSD makes kits look really bad, everything tends to be way to bright and it blocks out any texture on the kit (especially on the black one). I would seriously get photoshop even if it's only a trial version.
    But ignoring SSD, your sponsors are a touch too low for me but they look a decent size from what I can tell.. Good effort but yeah get photoshop mate

45. Thanks danny, yeah ive been told to use photoshop and I will give it a try when I have time and see what I can come up with then, was just something I decided to do when I couldn't sleep and was bored

46. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member

47. OK, second attempt at kit making; Werder Bremen 10/11 Kits, again, constructive criticism please
    Attached Images   

48. Luke Phillips

Sponsor is a bit too big and quite low on the kit, 4/10

49. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Luke Phillips

Sponsor is a bit too big and quite low on the kit, 4/10

I did think that tbh. But I thought the sponsor looked odd when it was higher.

50. Got bored and made this, the old Arsenal away kit.

Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO