Like Tree9Likes

Kit making tutorial with Photoshop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. This is my first kit... Made it in 10-15min...

Dinamo Zagreb....

Name:  dinamo proba 1.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  53.5 KB

2. how do i get the kits i made into my game??

3. ---------- Post added 06/04/2011 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was 04/04/2011 at 09:44 PM ----------

My first attempt: I can't put it in game, although i have made a config file using graphics guru?

Last edited by AlastairRyan; 06/04/2011 at 09:21 PM.

4. hey i just got ps elements and it is really different can any1 give me a hand with it i did manage to make these for my QPR game tho:
    Attached Images    

5. what photo shop version s this

6. how to make 3d kits?

7. Here's my first kit

Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-united.png

Now how do I install it? I made a Graphics>Kit folder, but it's not working

8. sidgurung97's Avatar sidgurung97
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Munroe View Post
    Here's my first kit

Attachment 165184

Now how do I install it? I made a Graphics>Kit folder, but it's not working
    You have to make a config
    For your kit - The Man United badge needs to be bigger, sponser a tad bigger and lifted, except that it's fine

9. Quote Originally Posted by sidgurung97 View Post
    You have to make a config
    For your kit - The Man United badge needs to be bigger, sponser a tad bigger and lifted, except that it's fine
    How do you make a config?

And thanks for the advice .

Edit - NVM.
    Last edited by Munroe; 23/04/2011 at 05:12 PM.

10. Well dont know if you've found out how to do a config as i dont see they have replied but i've been looking around and found a post where they explain how to so here you go :

How to: Make Config Files & Add to Game.

now if anyone can answer me this... i've never done any kits but i will begin learning soon.. my question is can i use photoshop 9 or does it have to be a specific photoshop?

11. I think,that it's easy to learn,how to use Photoshop 9. But it's difficult to handle it. You must learn a lot of details. And if you want to use Photoshop 9,can you download a course in Internet. Then learn it by yourself.

12. if u guys wanna do kits a real easy way check this out :

YouTube - How to get and use SmartShirt Designer 2

this is the link to download that program :

SmartShirtDesigner2.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

man this is a great program... i've been doing kits since last night and its so easy to do.... now i just have to learn how to put them in the game... anyway i think anyone who tries it will love it...

13. can someone tell me how to get the kit templates into a photoshop folder becuase when i load up photoshop , i select a template by going to start > myname > football manager templates > then i select a template but it only shows up as one layer i cant then select any other templates because it replaces my current one need help please

14. Quote Originally Posted by brommers92 View Post
    can someone tell me how to get the kit templates into a photoshop folder becuase when i load up photoshop , i select a template by going to start > myname > football manager templates > then i select a template but it only shows up as one layer i cant then select any other templates because it replaces my current one need help please
    You have to make sure that you are opening the .psd file not the preview images. i.e if you want Umbro template 13, there might be a file called umbro 1-25.psd you should open up that file, and not the preview image titled something like Umbro13.png. If that isn't the problem than sorry, but I have no idea what it is.

15. thank youu mate you solved my problem now i have another lol, how can i cut out the white background so i can put them in my game ?

16. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? attached some pics : Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-paleremo1.pngKit making tutorial with Photoshop-paleremo.png

17. has any 1 got a good torrent for photo shop??

18. My Kits

Here are some of my homemade kits:

19. Hey guys. Using Photoshop at the mo, and doing a kit for the first time. Have put the club badge in no problem, but for some reason, I cannot for some reason, put in the logo I want. I do it right-view full size image > right click > copy, back to photoshop then ctrl + v. For some reason, it pastes the previous image which was the club badge. Any ideas why it's doing this?
    Last edited by ajt09; 21/07/2011 at 09:46 PM.

20. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Hey guys. Using Photoshop at the mo, and doing a kit for the first time. Have put the club badge in no problem, but for some reason, I cannot for some reason, put in the logo I want. I do it right-view full size image > right click > copy, back to photoshop then ctrl + v. For some reason, it pastes the previous image which was the club badge. Any ideas why it's doing this?
    Make sure your club badge is un highlighted mate this should help out

21. Hi, downloaded the templates, I want to do the back's of shirts with name and number, just wondering if I can have a link to download all the fonts?

22. I have Photoshop Elements 7.0 and got as far as opening the PSD file for a kit manufacturer. However, at the side where the different layers are listed, I am unable to access any of the kit designs inside the folder, so I'm basically just stuck with a plain green template. How do I get the folder to open so I can start making kits?

23. I would love to make a new kit for my FM12-team. Is it easy to put the kit into the game and when can I do it. Before a new season?

24. thanks it helped but how do I get photoshop for free

25. You can't.There's a free trial in Adobe's web (google it), but that's only for 30 days.Then you have to buy the software.

26. How do I add the League badges to the kit? I've been searching the net for ages to find a tutorial but no avail.

27. just copy and paste them into the layer on photoshop

try to find .png images of the logos that way they won't have backgrounds on them

28. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    just copy and paste them into the layer on photoshop

try to find .png images of the logos that way they won't have backgrounds on them
    Sorry should have said the Sleeve badges, I can get them to the right angle and such, but I have half of it sticking out the arm. Eg this. Name:  fgtrreggfrgrgfgbvf.png
Views: 652
Size:  45.6 KB

29. Quickest way is to just use the eraser tool and delete half of it
    Or you could use the pen tool to make a straight path so it cuts it perfectly
    Or you could select the logo layer, then hold ctrl and select the kit image on the kit layer (so then it will select the kit outline) then click delete and it should cut off any of the logo that isnt on the kit (if you understand what i mean lol)
    DJongIl and GGGG75 like this.

30. Legend, cheers. Third one should work well.

31. Link dosen't Work

32. wel done this is awesome.

33. reup pls. thanks a lit

34. Great tutorial, helped me a lot in making my own kits!

Tried my hand at doing the kits for my local side, Hitchin Town FC...
    Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-hitchin1.pngKit making tutorial with Photoshop-hitchin2.pngKit making tutorial with Photoshop-hitchin3.png

And also for a team I created and am in the process of rising through the leagues with. Whaddya think?
    Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-hardleigh1.pngKit making tutorial with Photoshop-hardleigh2.pngKit making tutorial with Photoshop-hardleigh3.png

Only problem is... they won't load in-game! I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the config files, I've made them manually and using a prog, I've experimented with putting the files in different folders, I've cleared the cache, reloaded skins, restarted the game, and still the darned things won't load! Weird thing is that all the kits I've downloaded in packs work, and all the custom logos I've made work fine, it's just these two sets of kits that aren't playing ball. Anyone got any suggestions?

EDIT: Okay, so turns out that it's as something simple as the game not liking capital letters! Changed the file names and the names in the XML files to be all in lower case, and the kits load fine!
    Last edited by Sandy_Tait; 07/04/2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Mike and Neall like this.

35. LINK DOESN'T WORK PLEASE UPDATE IT !!!!

36. Quote Originally Posted by Freshpiration View Post
    LINK DOESN'T WORK PLEASE UPDATE IT !!!!
    What link?

37. Im getting annoyed now, ive search everywhere for an answer to this question.

So i create a kit for a club, lets say Crewe Alexandra Kit. Where do i put that kit file so that it works with Crewe on FM?

38. Sandy_Tait's Avatar Sandy_TaitPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samrnpage View Post
    Im getting annoyed now, ive search everywhere for an answer to this question.

So i create a kit for a club, lets say Crewe Alexandra Kit. Where do i put that kit file so that it works with Crewe on FM?
    Your files need to be in "/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/Graphics/Kits". If those last two folders don't exist, create them. You then need to create a .XML file. To do this, just create a .TXT (Text) file with Notepad or the like, and change the extension to ".XML", or you can copy one from a custom kits download, of which there are a great many on this site.

The .XML file should then read as something along the lines of...
    <record> <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->
    <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->
    <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
    in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
    place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
    files from the correct places
    -->

<list id="maps">
    <!-- Generated by FM Graphics Configurator, by HMan -->

<record from="kit1" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002128/kits/home"/>
    <record from="kit2" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002128/kits/away"/>
    <record from="kit3" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002128/kits/third"/>
    </list>
    </record>
    With "kit1" etc. being the names of the files for your kits. They MUST be in lower case, or the game won't recognise them. "2062002128" should be replaced with Crewe's unique ID, which can be found using the official editor, or most save editors.

That done, go in-game and un-tick "Use caching [etc.]" in your graphics preferences, under "Skins", then tick "Reload skin [etc.]", then click "Confirm" at the bottom to load your kits in.
    Mike and Neall like this.

39. Download link?

40. I have made the following two kits, Arsenal and Chelsea. Has anyone got any tips for get the sponsor and logo alignment right Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-arsenal-home.pngKit making tutorial with Photoshop-chelsea-home-fantasy.png

41. Sandy_Tait's Avatar Sandy_TaitPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carozzi View Post
    I have made the following two kits, Arsenal and Chelsea. Has anyone got any tips for get the sponsor and logo alignment right Attachment 552595Attachment 552597

If you use Photoshop it automatically helps you align stuff centrally and symmetrically. Though, to be honest, the kits you have look pretty nicely aligned already.

42. How do I transform my 2d kits in 3d kits ? Does anyone know ?

43. Hi all, are kits added to the game in the same way as previous versions...

.png file and then use Xml to create the code for the pictures to show up ??

44. Quote Originally Posted by Lusaifre View Post
    How do I transform my 2d kits in 3d kits ? Does anyone know ?
    The 2D style kits and 3D style kits are separate images.

That's true whether by "3D kits" you meant the sort of three-quarter view style of kit that almost looks as though it was photographed on a mannequin, or the actual 3D in-match kit that you see during the match animation. For the former, you would just over-save the new image in place of the existing 2D version; for the latter you would need to set up a separate "3D Kits" folder within your existing "Kits" folder, with its own config file.

I have the 3D in-match kits set-up within my own FM files which I can give you to download; I think it's easier to edit from other people's existing files than to create brand new for yourself. I'm on an iMac, though, so my file locations will be slightly different to yours.

45. Sandy_Tait's Avatar Sandy_TaitPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupna View Post
    Hi all, are kits added to the game in the same way as previous versions...

.png file and then use Xml to create the code for the pictures to show up ??

Yes, the method's exactly the same in FM15 as it was in 14. Helpfully, the vast majority of club IDs have stayed the same, too (I would say "all" but I'm not 100%) so kit packs from FM14 will work for FM15 without major issues.

46. can someone give me link of new kit template
    the link doesn't work
    i really need that template in pdf pleaseeee

47. Could you use the GIMP tool instead of Photoshop?

48. Question i have doubts

First, i can't found the download of the kits! My doubt is, i have to install the FM first to modify their kits or i have only to download the kits from the link that you put there?
    thanks

49. You don't need FM to modify the kits, just download some the kit template packs and you can edit those.

50. Stupid question (possibly) so feel free to give me a stupid answer but I've just downloaded the photoshop trail, this tutorial will still work with that won't it? I mean the trail won't be a 'watered down' version of photoshop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO