Like Tree9Likes

Kit making tutorial with Photoshop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Kit making tutorial with Photoshop

Please CLICK HERE to see a kit-making tutorial video made by Dec.

What you need

Photoshop

Kit template - Get them from Stuw's thread here

Tutorial

1. Extract your template folder using winRAR or another extracting software

2. Open photoshop, it should look like this after its opened. Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-photoshop-opening-page.png
    It may look slightly different depending on your version of photoshop.

3. Open a kit template by File > Open then locate your template folder, click on the brand you want, then open the .psd file, it should look something like this Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-open-page.png

4. Your Photoshop window should look like this Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-template-open.png

5. To choose the template you wish to use, click on the eye logo next to the template number Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-eye-logo.png

6. Once you have chosen your template go to the bottom of the list and there should be a layer called base or colour, something along tose lines, well double click this layer and click colour overlay Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-colour-changer-1.png

7. Double click on the coloured square and now you can choose your colour Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-chooser-colour.png

8. Now scroll back up and do the colour overlay with the layers in the template folder.
    Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-kit-half-done-before-logo.png

9. Once you have done that its time to insert logos, Google the club name and you should find a logo easily, right click on it copy, then paste it into photoshop.
    Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-before-magic-wand.png make sure the badge is below the texture layer or it will look ugly.

10. To get rid of the white around white around the logo, we use a tool called the magic wand Name:  wand.PNG
Views: 22438
Size:  1.9 KB Click this logo

11. Now, click on the white bits you want to get rid of, and press backspace <--

12. Press and hole Ctrl+T and it should bring up a "resizer" square around your badge, Hold Shift and drag a corner until its a decent size.

13. Press Name:  moving logo.PNG
Views: 22433
Size:  2.1 KB that allows you to move a layer, now move your logo into position. Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-before-sponser.png

14. Now we need a sponser, Google for the sponser company and get the logo, and do the same as before, magic wand the white bits away, ctrl+T to resize then move it into position.

15. use colour overlay to change the sponser colour.

16.Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-finished-reult.png now save the file as.png
    Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-save.png

If you want to resize to use in game, click image, image size Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-image-size.png the size varies for different template, but 200x200

Post your results !
    Last edited by Mike; 11/05/2015 at 03:10 PM.
    GodCubed and pikkpoiss like this.

2. Great man just great
    Will give it a go

3. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    How do you resize a kit so that it works in game ?
    Might be worth adding that to the tutorial.

Very good tutorial, well done mate !

4. Thanks for this I was planning to try and make some and this has just managed to get me right into it Thanks

5. Could someone please send me photoshop the latest one if poss.

Regards

B.B

6. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebe-Boy View Post
    Could someone please send me photoshop the latest one if poss.

Regards

B.B
    Isn't that illegal ?

Then again most people probably torrented their copy ?

7. It is illegal but if your a student Adobe CS5 Photoshop Extended, Student and Teacher Version (PC): Amazon.co.uk: Software that is cheap for the new one

8. Should be in the "kits" section mate. Handy tutorial though

9. Quote Originally Posted by mrjack41 View Post
    Should be in the "kits" section mate. Handy tutorial though
    sorted

10. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Sorry to be such a massive noob/knob, but where do we unpack the templates to?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    Sorry to be such a massive noob/knob, but where do we unpack the templates to?
    Wherever you want

12. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakec3151 View Post
    Wherever you want
    Oh right so I just find them when I open Ps?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    Oh right so I just find them when I open Ps?
    yes

14. what photoshop do i download

15. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Don't seem to have a "magic wand"? Wrong PS or something?

16. TheMjt's Avatar TheMjtPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Hold down the 'quick selection' then click Magic wand

17. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Don't understand how to resize the logo. Copy and pasted it into the same PS document as the kit, used magic wand to get rid of the white bits, then CTRL+ T and SHIFT, but when I drag the corner down it just drags an empty box and the logo doesn't change?

EDIT: Got it another way.

Another thing, how do I change the sponsor? So if I want to put in an 02 sponsor for example, how do I change just the 02 and not the background?
    Last edited by Joss; 02/12/2010 at 01:30 AM.

18. What i do is save the logo to your desktop then press file-open then select ur logo or watever than it comes up press CTRL + A then CTRL+V THEN CTRL+C TO RESIZE than press ENTER then press CTRL+T TO MOVE IT!

19. can I have some help, does anyone know what to do on the mac version

20. Quote Originally Posted by mkdmkdmkd View Post
    can I have some help, does anyone know what to do on the mac version
    i assume photoshop is the same on all operating systems, i amy be mistaken but doubt it

21. but yours seem to be different to mine, you have different buttons and stuff

22. What photoshop do I download?

23. Adobe Photoshop CS5 Trial!

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

How do I rotate writing i have done on CS5?

24. How do I get the "glasgow" writing across the arm, I dont know how to rotate is and 2nd how do you fade it out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-untitled.png  

25. Use the rotate thing, click on the text and then go on top of it it should be there if not it will be there in the toolbar section.
    As for fade , if you see the opacity on the right in the layers place, mess with the opacity.
    Tho it wont give u proper fade, just google how to make fade text on ps and ul get brilliant tuts mate ^^

26. Quote Originally Posted by *JK* View Post
    How do I get the "glasgow" writing across the arm, I dont know how to rotate is and 2nd how do you fade it out?
    press the icon to move it, (in op) and then drag it to your desired position, then to fade it out, where it says opacity on the right hand side, click that and drag the slider down

27. Goran Ivanisevic's Avatar Goran Ivanisevic
    Rotation
    Thank you very much !! it's been very helpfull ...

28. Thanks mate, helps so much.

29. Many thanks for this useful guide. really helpful so thank you. Here are some kits that i made:
    Southampton home
    Name:  713_H.png
Views: 3730
Size:  24.7 KB
    Southampton away
    Name:  713_A.png
Views: 3517
Size:  19.1 KB

30. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC2010 View Post
    Many thanks for this useful guide. really helpful so thank you. Here are some kits that i made:
    Southampton home
    Attachment 120203
    Southampton away
    Attachment 120202
    Not a bad effort. Change the colour of the htc and umbro logo on the away kit. imo it would look better white !

31. Quote Originally Posted by Luke Phillips View Post
    Not a bad effort. Change the colour of the htc and umbro logo on the away kit. imo it would look better white !
    Thanks, what do you think now?
    Name:  713_A.png
Views: 1264
Size:  19.7 KB

32. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC2010 View Post
    Thanks, what do you think now?
    Attachment 120206
    Much better mate !

33. this is a really nice tutorial
    thank you for this

and here is my first kit. I will use it as the away kit for my next season with the Spurs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-1stkit.jpg  

34. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado8 View Post
    this is a really nice tutorial
    thank you for this

and here is my first kit. I will use it as the away kit for my next season with the Spurs
    Is that a different LS template. The creases on the sleeves look different to the template I've got

35. Great tutorial. Here are some kits I created thanks to it. Does anyone know how i can use them in game.
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by Scottydog; 28/12/2010 at 06:11 PM.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Luke Phillips View Post
    Is that a different LS template. The creases on the sleeves look different to the template I've got
    the name of the template package is LS'9-10-11 Template Megapack v8 I download it from this site. and the name of the kit is Pirma fantasy

37. completely retarded and noob question here, i recently got a new laptop and it came with adobe photoshop elements 8.0, ive downloaded the templates and got them in to edit but from here i dont know how to change the base colour, the eye logo is on the left but that only gets rid of red eye which isnt very helpful. can any one help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kit making tutorial with Photoshop-photshop.png  

38. Quote Originally Posted by hamptonmanger View Post
    completely retarded and noob question here, i recently got a new laptop and it came with adobe photoshop elements 8.0, ive downloaded the templates and got them in to edit but from here i dont know how to change the base colour, the eye logo is on the left but that only gets rid of red eye which isnt very helpful. can any one help me?

You should open the psd file not the sample png ones

39. Brilliant Mate! Just made me understood why´s the team crest looks bad!

40. Did it with the help of this thread

41. Never looked at this in a while, Nice results everyone glad it helped you all out

42. Quote Originally Posted by Neall View Post
    What you need

Photoshop

Kit template - Get them from Stuw's thread here

Tutorial

1. Extract your template folder using winRAR or another extracting software

2. Open photoshop, it should look like this after its opened. Attachment 116126
    It may look slightly different depending on your version of photoshop.

3. Open a kit template by File > Open then locate your template folder, click on the brand you want, then open the .psd file, it should look something like this Attachment 116127

4. Your Photoshop window should look like this Attachment 116129

5. To choose the template you wish to use, click on the eye logo next to the template number Attachment 116130

6. Once you have chosen your template go to the bottom of the list and there should be a layer called base or colour, something along tose lines, well double click this layer and click colour overlay Attachment 116131

7. Double click on the coloured square and now you can choose your colour Attachment 116132

8. Now scroll back up and do the colour overlay with the layers in the template folder.
    Attachment 116134

9. Once you have done that its time to insert logos, Google the club name and you should find a logo easily, right click on it copy, then paste it into photoshop.
    Attachment 116135 make sure the badge is below the texture layer or it will look ugly.

10. To get rid of the white around white around the logo, we use a tool called the magic wand Attachment 116136 Click this logo

11. Now, click on the white bits you want to get rid of, and press backspace <--

12. Press and hole Ctrl+T and it should bring up a "resizer" square around your badge, Hold Shift and drag a corner until its a decent size.

13. Press Attachment 116137 that allows you to move a layer, now move your logo into position. Attachment 116141

14. Now we need a sponser, Google for the sponser company and get the logo, and do the same as before, magic wand the white bits away, ctrl+T to resize then move it into position.

15. use colour overlay to change the sponser colour.

16.Attachment 116142 now save the file as.png
    Attachment 116143

If you want to resize to use in game, click image, image size Attachment 116144 the size varies for different template, but 200x200

Post your results !
    how do you make the config files for the kits ?

43. Here is my 1st attempt at a Shirt...
    Attached Images  

44. Quick question.. but how do you change the colour so say the top of the arms where the stripes are can be yellow ??

45. If its a good template, then just change the colour overlay on the seperate parts

46. this is awesome. thanks Neall

47. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    If its a good template, then just change the colour overlay on the seperate parts
    How do you get the sepearte parts ??

I want the shoulders to be a different colour, i only learned how to use photoshop about a fortnight ago and still learning everyday..

48. Awesome tutorial!!

Spent far too long playing around and not enough time on the game now....

My first attempt

49. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Is there a good "step by step" guide to the Pen tool?

As good as Dec's video is, I found it hard to learn via a video. Imo I learn better through step by step guides like Nealls!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO