Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ChrisBird
  • 1 Post By Steve*

How to remove white backgrounds in logos?

1. How to remove white backgrounds in logos?

Hi guys, im just wondering how do i make the background in logos become transparent. I have lots of logos but all have either a white or black background.

Bearing in mind I dont have photoshop due to the price of it. I use SSD but i also have GIMP. Is there any other image editors i could get to remove the logos and also apart from Photoshop what is the best Editor i can get to make kits?

All help appreciated. If anybody tells me to just get photoshop you will be reported for spam as i have already stated that im not shelling out that much money for it yet.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Anybody? Bump...

2. inkscape?

3. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Save the file as a .PNG file.

4. Can't you just magic wand and delete it out?

5. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    Can't you just magic wand and delete it out?
    Nope, dont have photoshop YET
    Maybe next month as i had to pay my car tax last week and the mortgage the week before so dont have 800 Euro burning a hole in my pocket

Cheers DMF and glambert

6. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Nope, dont have photoshop YET
    Maybe next month as i had to pay my car tax last week and the mortgage the week before so dont have 800 Euro burning a hole in my pocket

Cheers DMF and glambert
    Won't Paint.NET work? That's what I use for stuff like this.

7. You can download a 30 day trial of photoshop for free

8. sidgurung97's Avatar sidgurung97
    Star Player
    Save the image as PNG and use that

9. Cheers guys, the PNG file works. Many thanks

10. BTW Steve, DON'T buy Photoshop. There's other ways. I would never actually buy Photoshop unless a) I become filthy rich, b) I need it for a job, c) There's actually consequences for illegally downloading it, or it becomes unavailable to illegally download.
    Steve* likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBird View Post
    BTW Steve, DON'T buy Photoshop. There's other ways. I would never actually buy Photoshop unless a) I become filthy rich, b) I need it for a job, c) There's actually consequences for illegally downloading it, or it becomes unavailable to illegally download.
    Cheers Chris, id actually have the money for it next week but i have gotten around that for now. Lets just say i have an alternative

These are just my opinions and I dont condone piracy. (incase mods are watching)

For those who dont know, you dont need to use magic wand for logos, simply get a PNG file, this removes all white backgrounds and just leaves the logo.

Thread has served its porpuse and will be closed. Thanks for the suggestions everybody
    ChrisBird likes this.

Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO