Like Tree227Likes

Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*

1. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?

Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*

I decided to restart the Rate My Kit Thread, as the other was getting too big, and the rules were being ignored. There were the people that did read and follow the rules, but there was too many just posting theirs without reading the rules -

1- When posting a kit, post in the size 250x250 at the most. This means it will be at a good enough size to view, but will not be too big for the post. Any kits not posted at requested size will be deleted.

2- Feel free to criticize, but do so in a constructive manner. Rather than 'yeah, that's crap', maybe just 'I don't like this part, maybe try ......'

3- Rate the kit above yours. The idea of this thread is to Rate Other Kits, and get feedback on your own. Those who don't follow this will have their post removed, and persistent rule-breakers will be infracted/banned from the thread.

Thanks

2. hope nobody mines me starting this thread off with my fm-base kits for the money bags challenge, any advice on how to improve them would be great thx

Name:  fm-base_1.png
Views: 15233
Size:  40.6 KBName:  fm-base_2.png
Views: 15183
Size:  37.9 KBName:  fm-base_3.png
Views: 15180
Size:  41.2 KB

3. Quote Originally Posted by lambertip612 View Post
    hope nobody mines me starting this thread off with my fm-base kits for the money bags challenge, any advice on how to improve them would be great thx

Attachment 216908Attachment 216909Attachment 216910
    I'd change the template altogether - SS'09/10/11 is sooo 'last year'. Try downloading FB kits and redo them on them, they'd look much better just with that change.

As for the design, I'm not too fond of any of the kits myself but I'm fussy. Green, black and silver doesn't look good together, and the pattern on the third kit is very hard on the eye, but again, if they were on a different template they might look better.

4/10, 3/10, 2/10. You'll get better though
    StuW and Lol_101 like this.

4. thanks mate appreciate the advice wasnt expecting much these are some of my first kits but will defo update the templates

5. I7IDanny's Avatar I7IDanny
    Modern Day Legend
    Kits for the Create a Club Draft Game:

H|A
    Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-everton-cf-home.jpgRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-everton-cf-away.jpg

6. rating urs Danny ^

5/10 for The home. the blue is killing my eyes and i think the striped part is kinda camouflaged

7/10 for the away. nice colour scheme, and i like the part with strips. nicely done with white and yellow

good work anyway

7. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey
    • CLICK THE SPOILER FOR A NICE SUPRISE, AND YOU WONT REGRET IT.

what a waste of time, why are you doing this?

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-away-4.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-away.png
    palace away options
    peskybendben likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    Either of them are good enough to be a great kit. Unsure about the vertical stripes on the first kit and if the Nike logo on the second was white it's be much better 9/10, 9/10.
    StuW and Malarkey like this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    I like the Puma kit, I think it is little bitt better than the Nike kit! 9/10 9+/10

Here is my first kit I have made: Notts County
    Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-notts1.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-notts3.png
    BeadSTARR, Malarkey and parkerhi like this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by I7IDanny View Post

H|A
    Attachment 217010Attachment 217011
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    Now, either you both can't read, or you're taking the piss.

Read Rule 3!
    StuW and AlexanderKruseBerg like this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post

Read Rule 3!
    well Malarkey doesn't have a kit to rate as the post above his is just ratings
    Malarkey and I7IDanny like this.

12. I7IDanny's Avatar I7IDanny
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post

Read Rule 3!
    Dunc, neither Mike or Lambertip posted any kits above mine? ('Cept the ones Mike had already done?)

13. Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    well Malarkey doesn't have a kit to rate as the post above his is just ratings
    You should still rate the kits above yours. It doesn't mean 'only the kits directly above yours', but the last one above yours. If you take it in the sense you said it, we will just get people waiting for other people to rate the kits before they post. It takes literally 10 seconds to rate a kit, and if you expect yours to be rated, you shouldn't mind spending that 10 seconds to say what you think about what someone else has already posted.
    Mike and I7IDanny like this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai Raabye Haugen View Post
    I like the Puma kit, I think it is little bitt better than the Nike kit! 9/10 9+/10

Attachment 217352Attachment 217353
    The home kit is actually pretty sweet if you ask me, Love the gold accents. Solid Eight. Away is decent, Not my personal favorite color scheme or design so It has to be a Fiver from me.

Now that it's all cold and snowy I thought I'd start making more kits again. While I work on getting some new ones together, rate my most recent ones please .

Monaco (H,AV1,AV2,3rd,4th)
    Dunc, Calum, laur93 and 3 others like this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai Raabye Haugen View Post

Attachment 217352Attachment 217353

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL.

I don't even post on these kind of threads either.

SEXY x

16. Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-home.jpgRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-away.jpgRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-3rd.jpg
    hy all, there are my first kit design. liverpool kits for 20012-2013..... rate please...
    pompey forever99 likes this.

17. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post

Read Rule 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by I7IDanny View Post

H|A
    Attachment 217010Attachment 217011
    there wasnt a kit above mine! oh well ill do these:

home 6/10 not sure about the random red line through the middle, doesnt really suit everton in my eyes either

away 8/10 much better, although the same design, the colours go well and it looks like it could actually be evertons away kit. still unsure about the red line though.
    Dunc likes this.

18. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    The home kit is actually pretty sweet if you ask me, Love the gold accents. Solid Eight. Away is decent, Not my personal favorite color scheme or design so It has to be a Fiver from me.

Now that it's all cold and snowy I thought I'd start making more kits again. While I work on getting some new ones together, rate my most recent ones please .

Monaco (H,AV1,AV2,3rd,4th)
    wow/10, seriously all gorgeous. also, whats the template?

19. Quote Originally Posted by pointbreaker View Post
    Attachment 217665Attachment 217666Attachment 217667
    hy all, there are my first kit design. liverpool kits for 20012-2013..... rate please...
    Not really a fan of them for me they are just a bit too plain but that is just my opinion 6/10 for them all

And here is some more kits i made with my 3d template

Lol_101 likes this.

20. Amazing

The angle of the badge looks a little off but other than that they are perfect mate

9/10 for them all

21. Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    wow/10, seriously all gorgeous. also, whats the template?
    Cheers Mal. Nice to see a lot of the old KoTW regulars like yourself posting kits again.

The template has no name, it's just something I made a while back. One of my favorites from my little collection I have. PM me if you want a download link
    Malarkey likes this.

22. ^Arsenal H/A: 10/10, looks perfect.
    Chelsea: 8.5/10, club badge looks like it's peeling off or something

Harchester United
    H/A/3/Euro

My first kits, please rate.

23. Very nice kits!

Home: Great colours, purple looks really good when used correctly, and you've done it very well. The white trim looks nice as well - I generally dont like trims and pipings, but the two white stripes on the left looks nice. 8/10.

Away: Same goes for orange as with purple - when used well, it looks nice (I can NEVER pull off a good kit with orange). The weaving white and purple side trims look very nice. 7/10.

Alternate: Very nice. The grey diagonal pipes add a feature to the kits, and thats good to see. Alternate kits allow you experiment a bit more. Not sure if the portioning between purple and white is good - maybe bringing the purple a bit more into the torso would even it up a bit. 8/10.

4th: Looks good. Simple, nice, effective. Not sure if black is the right colour for the sponsor logo. Maybe add a white stroke. 6/10

DYNAMO SPARTA FC (fantasy team)
    Home/Away/Alternate/Fourth
    Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-1.-dynamo-sparta-fc-home.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-2.-dynamo-sparta-fc-away.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-3.-dynamo-sparta-fc-alternate.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-4.-dynamo-sparta-fc-fourth.png

24. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    Cheers Mal. Nice to see a lot of the old KoTW regulars like yourself posting kits again.

The template has no name, it's just something I made a while back. One of my favorites from my little collection I have. PM me if you want a download link
    I havent really had the time but Im back now, and Ill be doing KoTW soon enough. I will PM you, thank you very much

EDIT: great kits Sparxx! they all look really good, the 2nd one is my favourite and the 3rd is my least favourite, but I still like them all.
    8.5/10 9.10 8/10 8.5/10
    Last edited by Malarkey; 23/01/2012 at 10:59 AM.

25. Malarkey's Avatar Malarkey

lol, you have no life...

First Team
    not sure if I have posted these before but oh well...
    shakhtar fantasy kits:

26. Those kits are seriously amazing. When I get around to downloading a Kitpack I'm definitely gonna use those as Shakhtar's kits.

Seychelles FF and Marshall Islands (they're the only sovereign nation to not have a national football team, thanks Wikipedia)
    Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-sff2.jpgRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-marshallislands2.jpg
    Malarkey likes this.

27. Loving the Marshall Islands kit there, like the detail around the swoosh. Great idea for Seychelles too! Here are my first kits: York City!

Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-admiral-hansa-y.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-admiral-hansa-y-.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-nike-hansa-roses.pngRate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-hummel-foodco-lions.png

28. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superwolf View Post
    Loving the Marshall Islands kit there, like the detail around the swoosh. Great idea for Seychelles too! Here are my first kits: York City!

Attachment 219728Attachment 219729Attachment 219730Attachment 219731
    Good first kits.

1st - Good, colours need work
    2nd - Sponsor and collar look out of place because of colour
    3rd - Decent, although only one sleeve has a cuff
    4th - Nice, but the hummel logo should be white, and the sonsor looks too big/out of place.

Some Newcastle kits for my career -

Steve* and Malarkey like this.

29. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Niger ACN Home -

Botswana ACN Home -

30. Newcastle - 10 for all. cant fault them
    Niger - 10 really like the design
    Botswana - 9 i like what you were doing with the design but just something about it makes it a 9

I need an opinion on 2 textures for my 3d template

Old/new

31. Quote Originally Posted by Kevnaylor View Post

Old/new
    I prefer the old. 9/10. Very good.
    New 8/10...the texture is just a bit too much.

Ignored KBChan's one as he didnt rate the kits above.

My KotW entries(Thanks to jmoser for the base template)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ireland H.png
Views:	2520
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	220648Click image for larger version

Name:	Ireland A.png
Views:	2482
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	220649

32. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevnaylor View Post
    Newcastle - 10 for all. cant fault them
    Niger - 10 really like the design
    Botswana - 9 i like what you were doing with the design but just something about it makes it a 9

Old/new
    v1 for me, much cleaner look a little too much on v2. Still not 100% convinced on the template if I am totally honest, KUTGW though

Also, the Niger and Botswana kits are their current ACN kits, if you knew how long it took me to get that to look right....

33. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    I prefer the old. 9/10. Very good.

My KotW entries(Thanks to jmoser for the base template)

Attachment 220648Attachment 220649
    I like the home, 9/10, but not sure about the away TBH, maybe if that had been white, I would have preferred it...7/10

Scotland's current kit -

Namibia ACN Kit -

Guinea CAN kit -

Morocco ACN kit -

Zambia ACN kit -

Libya ACN Kit-

pistolped7 likes this.

34. What should I say? I don't see any mistakes. Top quality! 10/10

35. great kit laq 10/10

A new 3D template

GGGG75 likes this.

36. Where do you get all these templates from? 10/10, can't fault either of them.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Kevnaylor View Post
    great kit laq 10/10

A new 3D template

9/10 from me, the club badge still looks a little off for me. But other than that great kits and template

Click image for larger version

Name:	Liv1.png
Views:	2352
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	221743Click image for larger version

Name:	Liv2.png
Views:	2327
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	221744

Fowler inspired LFC kits

38. i really like the home kit, not too sure about the away for my liking. 8/10

well, back after some time off making kits

Flamengo H/A/A v2

39. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsxe95 View Post
    i really like the home kit, not too sure about the away for my liking. 8/10

Flamengo H/A/A v2

All nice, but I just can't imagine Flamengo playing in anything other than Red and Black stripes. 7/10 all

40. Quote Originally Posted by Epsxe95 View Post
    i really like the home kit, not too sure about the away for my liking. 8/10

Flamengo H/A/A v2

Don't think Nescafé is a good sponsor, and I agree with Stu. Like the third kit out of the lot. 5/10, 6/10, 7/10.

Incorporating a design made by myself onto new kits (original with FB kits, re-made it on R'11 and then again on Kev's Alpha template) Still need to improve my perspective ability (logos etc.)

Kevnaylor likes this.

41. And on that note....

BeadSTARR, S.J, Kevnaylor and 3 others like this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And on that note....

Superb. Easily a 9/10 but on the chest on the far side it looks a bit fuzzy? (the outline) otherwise everything else is outstanding. But you don't need me to say that

Having another crack at this kit making thing; Wolves Home/Away for 2003-04 season

Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-wolves-kit.jpg Rate My Kit Thread - *Please Read Rules Before Posting*-wolves-away.jpg

43. Quote Originally Posted by jagginman View Post
    Superb. Easily a 9/10 but on the chest on the far side it looks a bit fuzzy? (the outline) otherwise everything else is outstanding. But you don't need me to say that

Having another crack at this kit making thing; Wolves Home/Away for 2003-04 season

Attachment 222136 Attachment 222135
    Nice work, think the sponsor's a little small on the home and a little big on the away, other than that good one. 8/10 for both

I'm creaming all over this template

44. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nice work, think the sponsor's a little small on the home and a little big on the away, other than that good one. 8/10 for both

I'm creaming all over this template

Nice simple design, although TBH, still not sold on the template....8/10

Some kits I done for my Lyon save, got sick of seeing the same ones after a few seasons...

45. Quote Originally Posted by pointbreaker View Post
    Attachment 217665Attachment 217666Attachment 217667
    try a differant colour for the third kit it looks revolting

46. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post

Some kits I done for my Lyon save, got sick of seeing the same ones after a few seasons...

Home and away looks quality mate. 9/10. Don't like the third so much.. 5/10.

Liverpool Warrior 2012/2013 (based on the leaked info):
    Home/Away/Third

The home and the third is close to the real deal (said someone who has seen it), while the away is supposed to look more like the 2002/2003 black/grey/red away shirt(reebok). A better view on the home and the away in a different template:

My first try with Kev's template:

Need some advice on how to make the sponsors/logos etc look good..
    Last edited by AlexanderKruseBerg; 13/02/2012 at 07:59 AM.

47. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post

Love the first; 10/10. The colours work so well together.
    Good use of colours again on the second, loving the 'fluorescent' green on black. Maybe the logo would have worked better in full colour, dunno, pretty hard to tell. 9/10.
    Good solid third, not as good as the others but still a great kit. Like the idea of the gradient but don't really like the side design. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderKruseBerg View Post
    Home and away looks quality mate. 9/10. Don't like the third so much.. 5/10.

Liverpool Warrior 2012/2013 (based on the leaked info):
    Home/Away/Third

The home and the third is close to the real deal (said someone who has seen it), while the away is supposed to look more like the 2002/2003 black/grey/red away shirt(reebok). A better view on the home and the away in a different template:

My first try with Kev's template:

Need some advice on how to make the sponsors/logos etc look good..
    First set of kits: Sponsor's a little too small and I don't like the gold/yellow colour on the home, like the badge that way though. Sorry to say but I really don't like the third, it's the colour I think. If it was maybe darker and the pattern on the sleeves were reduced in opacity bu maybe half then it'd look better. 6/10, 7/10, 4/10.

Second set of kits: Looks better on this template. Can see a very vague diagonal pattern on the away? 7/10, 7/10.

3D Kit: The whole kit looks much, much better with white detail instead of gold/yellow. 8/10.

You seem to have the perspective cracked already - what I normally do is paste the logo onto the kit, go to Edit > Transform > Skew, then drag the bottom middle square left a few pixels (above the document, there should be a few boxes with angle, H and V.. I normally type -4.0 in the H box, then drag the middle right box down a little). That's pretty much it but I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do it lol

48. Newcastle home.

BeadSTARR likes this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    First set of kits: Sponsor's a little too small and I don't like the gold/yellow colour on the home, like the badge that way though. Sorry to say but I really don't like the third, it's the colour I think. If it was maybe darker and the pattern on the sleeves were reduced in opacity bu maybe half then it'd look better. 6/10, 7/10, 4/10.

Second set of kits: Looks better on this template. Can see a very vague diagonal pattern on the away? 7/10, 7/10.

3D Kit: The whole kit looks much, much better with white detail instead of gold/yellow. 8/10.

You seem to have the perspective cracked already - what I normally do is paste the logo onto the kit, go to Edit > Transform > Skew, then drag the bottom middle square left a few pixels (above the document, there should be a few boxes with angle, H and V.. I normally type -4.0 in the H box, then drag the middle right box down a little). That's pretty much it but I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do it lol

As I said, this is the rumored design Warrior is supposed to use for Liverpool next season. Not the design I want them to have. The response I got from peoples who has seen the kits, said that the home and the third is almost spot on. I don't know, I just made the desing on the background of the leaked info.

There will be no white on the home shirt. The kit will be red with amber details, and it will be in a england/everton/tottenham style.

The away will be black/red and grey/silver.

The third will be awful said the sources I got, and it will be purple/yellow/white and with grey/silver tribals on the sleeves.

Newcastle kit:
    I like it, but imo black sleeves would look better. 7/10

And if I was in charge about next years LFC kits:
    Last edited by AlexanderKruseBerg; 13/02/2012 at 03:04 PM.

50. Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderKruseBerg View Post
    As I said, this is the rumored design Warrior is supposed to use for Liverpool next season. Not the design I want them to have. The response I got from peoples who has seen the kits, said that the home and the third is almost spot on. I don't know, I just made the desing on the background of the leaked info.

There will be no white on the home shirt. The kit will be red with amber detalies, and it will be in a england/everton/tottenham style.

The away will be black/red and grey/silver.

The third will be awful said the sources I got, and it will be purple/yellow/white and with grey/silver tribals on the sleeves.
    I greatly apologise. In that case, well done

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO