Like Tree65Likes

General TV Discussion

1. Sooo, we've got a new Doctor...

2. Everton Nice Guy Gramps
    Yup. And there's an embarrassing number of blokes, who I guess are from the caveman era, who are claiming to not going to watch it because the new Dr is a female. They're either trolling, or just pathetic. I'd be happy for them to stop watching if that's the case-their kind are not welcome. Appears some people have trouble moving on from the caveman era. Trump would be proud...............

On a positive note, I've thoroughly enjoyed Capaldi's tenure as the doctor and look forward to the incoming 13th Doctor with optimism.
    Munroe likes this.

3. I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
    When Capaldi was announced, didn't though i would enjoy him much... Boy, was i wrong. So i'm ready to give Jodie a chance.
    Just hoping that new writers would cool of a bit with sjw. I'm all for equality but man, Moffat overdone it in the last couple episodes. And it wasn't subtle, too much on the nose. It just irked me...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dokara View Post
    I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
    When Capaldi was announced, didn't though i would enjoy him much... Boy, was i wrong. So i'm ready to give Jodie a chance.
    Just hoping that new writers would cool of a bit with sjw. I'm all for equality but man, Moffat overdone it in the last couple episodes. And it wasn't subtle, too much on the nose. It just irked me...
    Watch season one, she was crap in season 2 & 3
    Last edited by wkdsoul; 5 Days Ago at 06:46 PM.

5. Everton Nice Guy Gramps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokara View Post
    I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
    Yeah he did some tremondous performances. I thought the same about previous doctors. Eccleston, Tennant and Smith. I was brought up on the "classic" Dr Who, and when Eccleston was made Dr I thought he would be pants-same for the rest. So I just didn't bother watching them. I now regret it badly. Especially with Matt Smith-the way he grew and developed as the Dr was brilliant.

Safe to say I won't be making the same mistake again.

6. Not sure how I feel about girl-Doctor. Although at the need what matters is if the script is good and whether she's a good actor. If that's the case then things will sort themselves out. If not that certainly questions will be raised whether it was just a publicity stunt to make the show more progressive.
    Dokara likes this.

7. Well internet already found picture of her tits, so now I have seen boobs of a Time Lord. We're off to a good start.

+ Reply to Thread