Like Tree69Likes

General TV Discussion
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

1. Any tv series recommendations for me and the mrs?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Any tv series recommendations for me and the mrs?
    atm watching Marvel agents of shield which has been great. NCIS LA, Miami 5o, Suits really good and funny bit different. Chicago PD. Bones. The Blacklist. Penny dreadful.
    Average Joe likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Any tv series recommendations for me and the mrs?
    Billions and Silicon Valley are one's I've watched recently. If you've seen and liked Suits then you will like Billions which is much better.

Mr Robot is also a good.
    Theatre of dreams likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Quasit View Post
    Billions and Silicon Valley are one's I've watched recently. If you've seen and liked Suits then you will like Billions which is much better.

Mr Robot is also a good.
    I did start Suits mate, enjoyed what I watched but never kept up.

Silicone Valley I started recording but after a couple failed I deleted the lot haha, did look decent though!

And Mr Robot I've had my eye on, it's just getting in to something new that hooks me that's the problem

Bloke at work recommended Billions, might have to have a look at that too
    Quasit and Tyton like this.

5. Just watched the first 3 American Gods and gotta say I love it so far. The trailers claim that it will rival GoT is a massive one however. Interesting to see how this one develops
    Tyton likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Just watched the first 3 American Gods and gotta say I love it so far. The trailers claim that it will rival GoT is a massive one however. Interesting to see how this one develops
    I've recently got the audiobook but I've not started it, glad to hear the show is decent!

Read all the GoT books but the series seems to differ in story lines as the series goes on, still great though!

7. Yeah, American Gods is truly visually stunning show. Everything about it is so far perfect. Kinda unusual storytelling but intriguing, you'll want to watch it more and more. And, my god, Gillian Anderson and Crispin Glover are delightful to watch...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dokara View Post
    Yeah, American Gods is truly visually stunning show. Everything about it is so far perfect. Kinda unusual storytelling but intriguing, you'll want to watch it more and more. And, my god, Gillian Anderson and Crispin Glover are delightful to watch...
    How hot was she as I love Lucy haha, or am I just showing my age.....

9. No, no, she was definitely smokin' hot as Lucy... She was great looking when i watched her in Hannibal, but as Lucy... Damn.
    epic terrorist likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Just watched the first 3 American Gods and gotta say I love it so far. The trailers claim that it will rival GoT is a massive one however. Interesting to see how this one develops
    wow wasn't much interested in the show though such a comparison is very promising. should check it out asap. and have you read the novel? some of my friends who are big fans of the book are not very satisfied with what they've seen so far

11. Sooo, we've got a new Doctor...

12. Yup. And there's an embarrassing number of blokes, who I guess are from the caveman era, who are claiming to not going to watch it because the new Dr is a female. They're either trolling, or just pathetic. I'd be happy for them to stop watching if that's the case-their kind are not welcome. Appears some people have trouble moving on from the caveman era. Trump would be proud...............

On a positive note, I've thoroughly enjoyed Capaldi's tenure as the doctor and look forward to the incoming 13th Doctor with optimism.
    Munroe likes this.

13. I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
    When Capaldi was announced, didn't though i would enjoy him much... Boy, was i wrong. So i'm ready to give Jodie a chance.
    Just hoping that new writers would cool of a bit with sjw. I'm all for equality but man, Moffat overdone it in the last couple episodes. And it wasn't subtle, too much on the nose. It just irked me...

14. Quote Originally Posted by Dokara View Post
    I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
    When Capaldi was announced, didn't though i would enjoy him much... Boy, was i wrong. So i'm ready to give Jodie a chance.
    Just hoping that new writers would cool of a bit with sjw. I'm all for equality but man, Moffat overdone it in the last couple episodes. And it wasn't subtle, too much on the nose. It just irked me...
    Watch season one, she was crap in season 2 & 3
    Last edited by wkdsoul; 16/07/2017 at 06:46 PM.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Dokara View Post
    I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
    Yeah he did some tremondous performances. I thought the same about previous doctors. Eccleston, Tennant and Smith. I was brought up on the "classic" Dr Who, and when Eccleston was made Dr I thought he would be pants-same for the rest. So I just didn't bother watching them. I now regret it badly. Especially with Matt Smith-the way he grew and developed as the Dr was brilliant.

Safe to say I won't be making the same mistake again.

16. Not sure how I feel about girl-Doctor. Although at the need what matters is if the script is good and whether she's a good actor. If that's the case then things will sort themselves out. If not that certainly questions will be raised whether it was just a publicity stunt to make the show more progressive.
    Dokara likes this.

17. Well internet already found picture of her tits, so now I have seen boobs of a Time Lord. We're off to a good start.

18. Black mirror
    Game of Thrones
    Vikings
    Shameless
    American dad
    RIck and Morty

it's only a part from the list that I am watching

19. Rewatching Todd and the book of Pure Evil. Now I remember how awesome a show it was.

It's childish. It's gross. It's immature.

Suits the mentality of this 42 year old
    Tyton likes this.

20. Can anyone recommend me some good TV series? I recently watched The Terror, Stranger Things and The Sinner.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Can anyone recommend me some good TV series? I recently watched The Terror, Stranger Things and The Sinner.
    Homeland, the walking dead, money heist,
    the black list, legion. btw how is the terror?

22. Quote Originally Posted by tzahy View Post
    Homeland, the walking dead, money heist,
    the black list, legion. btw how is the terror?
    Ty, watched some of them, but will give Legion a try.

I don't know, it get mix feelings. Its slow, dull, then it explodes. More of a drama than horror for sure. If you like cinematic and good acting ( there's quite a few GoT character in The Terror as well) you'll like it. Give it a try
    tzahy likes this.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Ty, watched some of them, but will give Legion a try.

I don't know, it get mix feelings. Its slow, dull, then it explodes. More of a drama than horror for sure. If you like cinematic and good acting ( there's quite a few GoT character in The Terror as well) you'll like it. Give it a try
    cheers thanks mate
    Vanjagl likes this.

24. Recently been watching The IT Crowd. And oh my god I wish I'd seen it sooner-it's utterly hilarious. I've literally just seen The Work Outing episode (Series 2 Episode 1) and I completely lost it-stomach hurts from the laughing.

I suspect I'm heading for a binge watching session lul

25. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Recently been watching The IT Crowd. And oh my god I wish I'd seen it sooner-it's utterly hilarious. I've literally just seen The Work Outing episode (Series 2 Episode 1) and I completely lost it-stomach hurts from the laughing.

I suspect I'm heading for a binge watching session lul
    One of the greatest British sitcoms. I wish I could rewatch it again for the first time actually jealous now.

26. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    One of the greatest British sitcoms. I wish I could rewatch it again for the first time actually jealous now.
    I suppose in a way I'm glad I waited as I've now watched all my other favourite shows to death now and had nothing else to watch. That scene where Jen looks around to suddenly see Moss behind the bar had me rolling lol

27. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I suppose in a way I'm glad I waited as I've now watched all my other favourite shows to death now and had nothing else to watch. That scene where Jen looks around to suddenly see Moss behind the bar had me rolling lol
    The part were the guy asks him how are you disabled and Roy replies back that he is leg disabled also had me rolling.

28. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    The part were the guy asks him how are you disabled and Roy replies back that he is leg disabled also had me rolling.
    "How did it happen if that's not a rude question?"

"Um.......acid"

I lost it lol
    dilakh2 likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    "How did it happen if that's not a rude question?"

"Um.......acid"

I lost it lol
    Theyre remaking a US version just hope they do justice like the US office.

30. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Theyre remaking a US version just hope they do justice like the US office.
    Be interesting to see what happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Like you mentioned their version of The Office worked (I much prefer that version over the UK version). When we try to copy their shows sometimes it works, sometimes not (like Law and Order-hated the UK version) and vice versa. All down to the casting and how they work off of each other. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by ajt09; 31/05/2018 at 01:05 PM.

31. Can recommend Friday Night Dinner, White Gold and This Country too for recent british comedies. Also, Still Game.

32. Just finished the first season of Broadchurch (better late than never). Probably the most emotionally draining crime drama I've ever seen. Acting all around was first class. And my god I was not prepared for the finale-I was completely suckerpunched.

I'd never be able to watch it in one session-impossible as it cripples you emotionally. And that's testament to the acting by everybody involved.

33. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Just finished the first season of Broadchurch (better late than never). Probably the most emotionally draining crime drama I've ever seen. Acting all around was first class. And my god I was not prepared for the finale-I was completely suckerpunched.

I'd never be able to watch it in one session-impossible as it cripples you emotionally. And that's testament to the acting by everybody involved.
    Sadly, the follow-ups never reached anywhere near the same levels.

34. I have watched a TV but sometimes read a manga and you can read gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun manga on mangazuki.me.This is so nice.

35. I recently watched the english dubbed version of "Tokyo Ghoul" and i think it's amazing. Having read the manga, i had my hopes high for this movie and i must say that it lived upto the expectations. I even got a kaneki figure from tokyo ghoul shop after watching the movie. Highly recommended for anyone who is into anime and is looking to watch the movie version of this amazing franchise.

36. Im all Up for Video Game Movies

Yo,

Ready Player One was an epic one,
    World of Warcraft movie was also excellent,
    And the one that I'm very much looking forward to seeing is the Monster Hunter: Movie!

Source:
    Monster Hunter

37. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Any tv series recommendations trabalhos prontos for me and the mrs?
    Quanto a séries de TV de tal tipo, é necessário mencionar que muitas delas continuam anos e até décadas. Mas, quanto a mim, o melhor é que o filme acabou no tempo necessário. Como Vampire Dairies e Originals fizeram.

38. Netfilx on E3 2019!

So, if we're into movies, did you know that Netflix is going to visit E3 Game Show this year? =D Like, I love Netflix and their originals, and now it seems like they'll be conversing some of their most watched TV Shows into games, and THAT SOUNDS SWEEEET!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO