Like Tree69Likes

General TV Discussion
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

1. General TV Discussion

Thought id start a thread

ANY SPOILERS POST IN SPOILER TAGS

Anywya, 24 the tv movie is tonight.

Most of my excitement for 24s now gone though tbh, the first 4 seasons are so good but then i wacthed the next to seasons 1 episode a week which meant the pace wasnt there, plsu the stroylines beacame a big predictable and repetitive. However iam pretty excited about the tv movie prequel to the new season as its been well over a year so hopefully it will come back fresher plus from the looks of trailers its complete different. Also iirc hasnt CTU LA been disbanded? Afterall you think they woulda been all sacked a long time ago i mean 6 terrorist attacks in the one city ffs.
    Last edited by Gregor; 25/11/2008 at 12:33 PM.

2. i know i'm really looking fw to it. Been watching all the seasons again to catch me up so i think ill finish those before i watch it

Dexter and Prison Break almost finished now though

3. I don't think I'll watch. I watched the first 5 seasons of 24 but I wasn't really enjoying the last ones.

I'm waiting for Dexter to finish though before I start to watch it as I do prefer watching tv shows in quick succession rather than waiting to watch just one episode a week.

4. Watched it, it sucked.

Crap stroyline and all of the characters introduced sucked, especially the president

5. Oh well, another 24 I won't be watching then

6. anyone else watching Prison Break? i was very excited by the first few episodes of this season but it's become kind of meh again. They need to give up on it i think.

7. Yeah I couldn't get into Redemption at all, dissapointed really. Storyline was shite and like Greg said, the characters sucked balls. Meh.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    anyone else watching Prison Break? i was very excited by the first few episodes of this season but it's become kind of meh again. They need to give up on it i think.
    Nah I havn't watched any of it. Will wait until it's over and watch them all together. Don't know why though because it's always rubbish

9. I might start watching 24 from the start. Any good streaming websites or did use download them all?

10. Prison Break is terrible, im still gettting it cos i wanna kniw what happens like with lost (but lost sll has the odd good ep) but im not gunna watch it till its finished.

Also if you're gunna post spoilers use the spoiler tags

11. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    i gave up on PB after season 2 , just refused to watch it since. season 1 was awesome and one of the best seasons of anything ever but its just got ridiculous.

although i do still love lost which has gone a similar way - but that has got better recently and i really do wanna see how it ends

im more interested in american comedies these days , i just watch seinfeld and whose line is it anyway all the time

12. king of the Hill was decent last night epecially consdering how bad the weeks before was, anyway only a handful of eps left, ill miss it

American Dad was really good as usual, plenty Roger. Wish they would cancel FG and focus on AD

13. Yeah I really enjoyed King of the Hill last night. Classic KotH storyline really.

The Simpsons was actually kind of ok too, I think I laughed twice.. which is double the amount of time the last Family Guy made me laugh.

14. House has been brilliant the past two episodes. I love it when they actually focus on the patient instead of just having them as a minor thing in the background.

On last nights episode I actually laughed out loud when

House and Cuddy were having a little moment and all he did was feel her up.

15. Theres a House thread you goomba

16. I'm watching One Tree Hill, Worst Week and Two and a half men
    Damn!! I love OTH!!!! The best serial ever, the music is awesome

17. House, Dexter, Prison Break, Frasier, Heroes, Lost (when its back), Scrubs are all I watch on TV at the moment.

18. I've given up on Heroes now. The story is so lame I just don't care anymore.

19. Same.

Gunna do what im doign with PB and wait till it fins then watch it in chunks, then I ight get somewhere and not forget stuff thats happened etc

20. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    i gave up on heroes and prison break long ago, yet i still persevere with lost

21. Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Same.

Gunna do what im doign with PB and wait till it fins then watch it in chunks, then I ight get somewhere and not forget stuff thats happened etc
    I'm not even going to wait. I find it painful to watch as it is just so overly complex now and seems to be a new plot twist every few minutes. I hate it.

22. Its not complex, its made to be confusing to give the illusion of complexity

23. I gave up on heroes after ep one of this season.

Got back into it and its actually good at the moment, i would say best its been since its started.

PB is annoying but ive given so much time to it I want to keep watching, just like Lost.

24. Watched most of Simpsons season 6 yesterday. I still laugh even though I've seen them all far too many times as it is.

I made a mistake of watching two season 6 episodes though and then watching the latest episode from season 20. It was like watching two completely different shows.

25. Yeh I watched a Simpsons ep the other day and now im older and more culutred I know get a lot more of the cultural references, the subtlties etc

26. Anyone know when the 3rd season of Dexter is gonna be on FX?

27. i don't like this show, so haven't see it.

28. I,ll be watching Total Wipeout on saturday BRILLIANT SHOW

29. Just watched Mad Men.

Seems pretty good, its about an ad agency in the 50s. So far its sexist ttm and the women just take it, which is awesome.

Also just finished season 1 of Ice Road Truckers, good show well worth a watch. I here theres a movie in development, no idea how that will work

30. If you like Ice Road Truckers you will probably like Deadliest Catch

31. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    deadwood = awesome

32. Quote Originally Posted by samleggott View Post
    deadwood = awesome
    ./me high 5's Sam

3rd best show ever (1st Wire, 2nd Sopranos)

33. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    id go sopranos then wire but so far its looking that way yeah

34. Lost was poop again this week.

Heroes was average.

House was alright.

Gilmore Girls rocks!!

35. Anyone see Horne and Cordon on Tuesday? Looked decent in adverts/on Wossy, going to watch tonight I think.

36. TheHig's Avatar TheHigPremium Member
    • Not Everyone is entitled to an opinion
      they are only entitled to an informed opinion

Religion should be like alcohol and cigarettes - You have to stay away until you are 18 when you can intelligently make the decision for yourself.
    Premium Member
    anyone watching the inbetweeners, so funny

37. not a fan of scene stuff like that or skins. mayybe im getting to old/baldy

38. Nah Kris the inbetweeners is actually good, skins on the other hand

39. Quote Originally Posted by TheHig View Post
    anyone watching the inbetweeners, so funny
    I watched 2 or 3 episodes of the 1st season. Seemed good for a 'teen' show.

40. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...tch-up#2871567

Just watched first ep of new season, not as good, not as realisitc although it did have a moment where i pissed myself a little

41. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    yeah im the same as kris, i generally refuse to watch any shite scene stuff that portrays teenagers as partying, drugs and shit straightened hair. so skins, hollyoaks - things like that i hate

but in betweeners isnt like that, its actually pretty funny. and all my mates watch it and talk about it a lot so id be left out if i didnt watch it!

42. anyone been watching House recently?

43. Watched 2nd ep of season 2 of Inbetweens, too funny like

44. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    anyone been watching House recently?
    yeah ive seen em all cept this weeks (21 i think) - last weeks was a shocker like - i know he had to leave to join obamas administration but who thought hed leave like that!

its one of my favourite shows - so consistently good. i never get bored

45. Think I am up to date with House and Scrubs.

Will have an episode of Lost to watch tonight I think and need to catch up on Heroes as I have missed a few episodes.

46. What do people make of the new series of Scrubs btw? I think its funny although they got rid of the funnier bits with that new intern who thought he was all that, the one who did that 'Syphillis, Syphillis, s-s-s-syphillis' bit! That cracked me up big time . Its obv they are looking to draw the show to an end but at the same time leaving the possibility of carrying on with new interns open.

Elliott though=hotter every series.

Inbetweeners is good this time, better than the last series. Actually has a few LOL moments. I caught a bit of Horne and Corden the other day, it seemed alright tbh and I thought it would be gash.
    Last edited by ajw; 24/04/2009 at 01:20 PM.

47. Horne and Cordon is gash, truly horrrendous which is dissapointing as Gavin and Stacey is incredibly funny.

I like this season of Scrubs, it's better than last for sure. Yes you can tell its wrapping things up a little (JD's comment in most recent whilst watching the video) and its a bit annoying sometimes re. people learning things about themselves.

Not as many LOL moments, but still reasonable to watch.

48. samleggott's Avatar samleggottPremium Member
    Premium Member
    this season of scrubs has been so much funnier than last seasons, the janitor has really come in to his own.

agree with redders on horne and corden - i loved gavin and stacy but the sketch show and pretty much everything theyve done since has been awful

49. TheHig's Avatar TheHigPremium Member
    • Not Everyone is entitled to an opinion
      they are only entitled to an informed opinion

Religion should be like alcohol and cigarettes - You have to stay away until you are 18 when you can intelligently make the decision for yourself.
    Premium Member
    I only watched inbetweeners because people would not shut up about it,

50. i think the 1st series was much better and funnier than this series this series seems too stupid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO