Like Tree52Likes

Cricket

  1. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    Manchester United, Manchester United Reserves and Manchester United academy. De Gea, Rafael, JH <3 sunilvk7 is online now
    #1

    Cricket

    It would be better if we can have a thread where we can discuss about Cricket. We have seperate threads for England games, so rest we can put it here.

    To start off. India won the first test match against Australia. It was superb match. We needed 90 plus runs with only 2 wickets left. Most underrated player Laxman produced a memorable knock to win it for us. He batted 10th in the first innings as he was struggling with back injury, inspite of that in second innings stood like a brave warrior and produced amazing innings.

    He always enjoyed playing against Aussies and no wonder he did it again. And Aussies hates playing against us
    Last edited by sunilvk7; 05/10/2010 at 09:48 AM.

  2. It was a great innings by a great player, it is a shame the aussie attack is so toothless, a real shame. They have always had the most frieghtening bowling attack in world cricket. and at the moment, i think they will struggle to get 20 test match wickets a game

  3. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    Crystal Palace Mod-ern Day Legend
    #3
    Very Very Special Laxman, and a Very Very Special result for India. Maybe this'll shut the Aussies up about an Ashesh whitewash.

    Hm. Just reread that. Who am I kidding?

  4. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    Manchester United, Manchester United Reserves and Manchester United academy. De Gea, Rafael, JH <3 sunilvk7 is online now
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    It was a great innings by a great player, it is a shame the aussie attack is so toothless, a real shame. They have always had the most frieghtening bowling attack in world cricket. and at the moment, i think they will struggle to get 20 test match wickets a game

    They dont have the bowlers they had once, but they are very good actually. They lack the Warne factor thats the key.

    This is what ponting said.



    This was one of the most exciting Test matches I've been a part of, full credit for India for the way they played. Lots of positive signs for my team as well to come here and put up such a great show. We had our noses ahead at lunch, we stuck to our task but Ishant and Laxman's partnership turned it around for them. We did well to pick up 4 wickets yesterday, started well today but Bollinger's injury didn't help either. We gave it a good fight, but now it is time to focus for the next game.


    Dhoni:

    This is one of the best matches I've played, this game was full of emotions.
    Match was described as

    How many gold medals is this win worth?
    As soon as the winning runs were hit, Murali Vijay ran onto the field as if he was taking part in a 100 metre dash. Probably he could have given Usain Bolt a run for his money!
    What fantastic scenes at Mohali! How often do u see VVS Laxman react the way he did, he runs up to Ojha and gives him a big hug, and Ojha, who was perhaps surprised himself points the bat to the dressing room! Gary Kirsten bursts into an applause and goes up to Ishant to give him a big hug, what an emotional moment it is for everyone in India, I am sure this is the kind of Test match everyone would have died to witness. Ponting and the Aussie team just walked off the park in disappointment, so near, yet so far for them!


    Often emotions in cricket are underrated, but emotions are too high for an Indian in this game.

  5. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Guillermo Francisco Ochoa - Chelsea - Brisbane Roar - German Football Star Player
    #5
    Sharma did well to stay along Laxman for a while, 81 run partnership was good. We really should have killed it off, but the Indians did very well to hold out with 2 wickets left to get the win

  6. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    They dont have the bowlers they had once, but they are very good actually. They lack the Warne factor thats the key.
    Your Bowling attack is only as good as your spinner and your weakest pace bowler, which is extremely poor in the aussie camp at the moment, when was the last time Michael Johnson put a good display?

  7. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    Crystal Palace Mod-ern Day Legend
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Your Bowling attack is only as good as your spinner and your weakest pace bowler, which is extremely poor in the aussie camp at the moment, when was the last time Michael Johnson put a good display?
    You mean Mitchell Johnson? Didn't he finish last year as leading wicket-taker?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    You mean Mitchell Johnson? Didn't he finish last year as leading wicket-taker?
    Which was 10 months ago, he has sturggled since to take any form of wickets in any games, his place is debatable for the starting Xi and you could count how many good balls he did on one hand in this test. He is in such bad form, and it shows the true state of Aussie Cricket that they cant or dont have anyone suitable to replace him.

  9. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    Manchester United, Manchester United Reserves and Manchester United academy. De Gea, Rafael, JH <3 sunilvk7 is online now
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Your Bowling attack is only as good as your spinner and your weakest pace bowler, which is extremely poor in the aussie camp at the moment, when was the last time Michael Johnson put a good display?
    I didnt get you, you mean Our bowling attack is poor?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    I didnt get you, you mean Our bowling attack is poor?

    No the Indian have a fairly strong attack, but the Aussie is poor. I like the Indian Attack
    Zaheer

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO