How do you put single players' pictures into the game?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. How do you put single players' pictures into the game?

Got pictures of players from google and have got them edited and cut-out.
    I put them into the 'fm' folder but they're not appearing on the game!!

Put them in this folder:

Sports interactive - Fm12 - Data - Graphics - graphics- players- country folder- *name of club folder-player picture

Why aren't they coming up in the game am I doing something wrong?

2. The directory should be (non mandatory):
    Documents\Sports interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\faces\<team name>\

Have you created (or modified if exist) the config.xml file ?!?!?

3. Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic10 View Post
    The directory should be (non mandatory):
    Documents\Sports interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\faces\<team name>\

Have you created (or modified if exist) the config.xml file ?!?!?
    Thanks for the reply!, but i don't have a clue what your on about, thanks anyway!

4. Quote Originally Posted by louiscfc View Post
    Thanks for the reply!, but i don't have a clue what your on about, thanks anyway!
    the config.xml file is what is needed for the game to recognise the image. if you need any help, just give me a message and i will see what i can do.

5. In every "graphic" directory you need a file named config.xml which contains informations on how matching games items with graphics (for example kit, flags, faces and so on ...).

It's hard to explain how to make this file from zero, basically you need a structure like this:

<record>
    <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">
    <record from="XXXXXXXXXX" to="graphics/pictures/person/XXXXXXXXXX/portrait"/>
    .................................................. .................................................
    </list>
    </record>

Beetween the tags <list id="maps"> and </list> you need to have a row for each face you have put IN THE SAME DIRECTORY.

The XXXXXXXXXX stands for a number that is the UNIQUE ID of the player (search on the forum or on Google for this), and
    you've to follow these simple rules:
    - the photo of the player need to be a PNG file named XXXXXXXXXX.png
    - the file HAVE TO BE in the same directory of the file config.xml

For example if Lionel Messi unique id was 12345678 (is wrong, but just an example ...) you need to:
    - rename the file with his face as 12345678.png
    - put it in the directory Documents\Sports interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\faces\Barcelona\
    - create (or modify) the file config.xml in the same directory adding the line
    <record from="12345678" to="graphics/pictures/person/12345678/portrait"/>

I know that all this could sound like an alien thing ... if so please download any facepack and take a look

6. The directory should be

7. You've to create (if not already exists ...) a config.xml file in EVERY directory containing graphics improvements ... such as kits, faces and so on

8. mate i wonder if u can help iv got image of niang used unique id but not showing up. I have the config file but dont have a clue what to do, any help would be much appreciated

9. hi there

ive got the same problem ive got the right uniq id for steve clark but its still not showing and on the picture maybe its cause of the size of the picture im doing wrong :/

10. 180x180, .png not .PNG, saved as unique id and inside a folder with a config.xml (can make them with fmxml in seconds), skin cache unticked on fm. Easy as that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast