Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fahmi122

Facepack Area Rules & Help Thread.

1. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?

Facepack Area Rules & Help Thread.

This is to make sure everyone follows and also knows the new rules for the Graphics areas.

The new rules are simple, and will help to keep the Graphics(Logos, Faces, Kits, Skins & other graphics) sections running nice and smooth.

1 - SEARCH before you make a thread. What is the point in wasting time making a thread to have it closed? Simple.

2 - DO NOT make threads asking for graphics. There are request threads for this. Any threads opened will be closed immediately.

3 - When making a thread or posting, GIVE ALL INFORMATION. It helps to sort any problems, or makes it easier to understand.

4 - In each section(Kits, Logos, Faces, Skins), there is a thread for the graphics. If you have any queries, post them in there, rather than making threads for them.

5 - There is to be NO KIT COMPS without asking for permission from StuW or KevyMatts. The main reason is that the 2010 froums were literally cluttered with piss poor comps that never got finished.

6 - There is only one Signature Competition, and that is to be run by Ross-Galloway. Anyone that makes another without prior permissions will have thread closed.

That is pretty much it, I think.

FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN A WARNING OR INFRACTION.

Any questions, post them below
    Last edited by StuW; 28/11/2010 at 02:22 AM.

2. You should post stickies in this thread for kit request threads and my club one etc.

3. Ross-Galloway's Avatar Ross-Galloway
    First Team
    What about signature competitions? Is my SOTW Comp ok?

4. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Soory Ross, forgot about you. Added to OP

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ross-Galloway View Post
    What about signature competitions? Is my SOTW Comp ok?
    Sorry Ross, forgot about you. Added to OP

5. Is there a tuturioal or guide on how to start facepacking? And is there any templates?

6. How to put facepack when I dont have folders for that and in which folder I need to put it?

7. WonderManager's Avatar WonderManager
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SHONEZLI View Post
    How to put facepack when I dont have folders for that and in which folder I need to put it?
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics

If you don't have graphics folder, create one.

8. JRothy
    Backup
    so ive downloaded a facepack and all that fine, extracted files etc saved in graphics.... how do i actually put them to use please?

9. Go into preferences, Tick reload skin on confirm and untick Skin Cache.

10. I need help with creating facepacks aswell

11. Can you import facepacks in mid game or do you have to do it befor you start your season?

12. How do I make facepacks?

13. I downloaded a facepack ages ago, and put it all into place etc, I've played FM doe a good few years and I always add skins, graphics, kits etc. but this facepack isn't working, I'm positive it's the right location and the skin options are right too, skin cache and reload etc.

C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\faces

I can't remember which facepack it is, I don't have the original file.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Joe_McG_88 View Post
    I downloaded a facepack ages ago, and put it all into place etc, I've played FM doe a good few years and I always add skins, graphics, kits etc. but this facepack isn't working, I'm positive it's the right location and the skin options are right too, skin cache and reload etc.

C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\faces

I can't remember which facepack it is, I don't have the original file.
    Is there a config.xml file in the folder where all the face images are? You may have had to download that separately, depending on the facepack.

15. The config file is there, but I think I've figured it out, i think it's part of a super pack, and I've only got part 1, but it should still work though, if each part has it's own config?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Joe_McG_88 View Post
    The config file is there, but I think I've figured it out, i think it's part of a super pack, and I've only got part 1, but it should still work though, if each part has it's own config?
    If its part of the cut-out megapack then no you need all the parts for it too work.
    But if its a different one then yeah if its split into parts it should work fine with each part having a config

17. Hi all!

How to install Facepack for MAC-version? Could someone make a simple guide? I´m new MAC user and totally lost with that doomsday-machine... Thanks!

18. i use cut out facepack(3.0 i 3.1),some of the player pictures are missing after some time in the game,how to fix this???'

19. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it. What type of files does FM recognise for player faces? Is it just .jpg, because I have created a layered image using gimp and it says the jpeg plug-in can't handle transparency so the image has to be flattened? It consequently doesn't show in game...

20. .png only mate

21. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    .png only mate
    I've saved them as .jpg before and they have worked, or do you mean gimp can only save layered transparency images as a .png?

22. I mean FM can only read images save as .png mate

23. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    I mean FM can only read images save as .png mate
    Facepack Area Rules & Help Thread.-zico-profile_-attributes-.png

The image on here, along with about 250 others I have done are using images saved as .jpg, so FM can definitely read them. Perhaps it's the size of my new images? Do you know the size limits?

24. Are you sure mate ? all graphics are made .png, i've never saw any other file type working

25. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    Are you sure mate ? all graphics are made .png, i've never saw any other file type working
    Facepack Area Rules & Help Thread.-jpg-proof.jp.jpg
    Positive

26. fair enough lol

27. Name:  lineker test2.png
Views: 513
Size:  31.5 KB

Does anyone know any reason why I can't get this image on a player in-game? It's a .png file, size 140 x 180. If anyone can get it in the game on any player, I'd appreciate it, just so that I know it can be done!
    Last edited by fuelledbypassion; 15/06/2011 at 10:37 PM.

28. The image doesn't seem to be showing. Below is a link to the .png image, I'd really appreciate it if someone with a bit more knowledge than I could find a way to get it in the game on someone.

lineker test2.png

29. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Some tips etc to think about -

Max Dimensions - 180x180
    File Format - .png.......don't save as .PNG, as the game will not read them
    Also, try and name the images as the Unique ID, ie 1234567 is player xo, so save the file as 1234567.png, it makes configs easier.
    use a program called FM Graphics Configurator, works perfectly when the files are named as the unique ID

30. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    Some tips etc to think about - Max Dimensions - 180x180 File Format - .png.......don't save as .PNG, as the game will not read them Also, try and name the images as the Unique ID, ie 1234567 is player xo, so save the file as 1234567.png, it makes configs easier. use a program called FM Graphics Configurator, works perfectly when the files are named as the unique ID
    I have a problem I put a patch with pictures of players in the game but not see, we have added those from fm11 can see I added one of Ligue 1 in facepacks (facepacks this is the fm11) but nothing no. Does anyone know why: |?

31. i have a problem only few of my facepacks have show picture.can anyone solve this problem?

32. Quote Originally Posted by fahmi122 View Post
    i have a problem only few of my facepacks have show picture.can anyone solve this problem?
    Screenshot the folder you have the facepacks in
    check each facepack has a config and the images are named correctly

33. i 100% sure that the config and the image are named correctly.i download a liverpool facepacks yesterday.However the face of maxi rodriguez,jamie carragher and dirk kuyt is missing.i thought the liverpool facepacks that i am download is the problem,after that i download another one liverpool facepacks and then is still dont have the picture of maxi rodriguez,jamie carrragher and dirk kuyt.CAN ANYBODY HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM PLEASE!!!

34. can you help me mullen19?

Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    Screenshot the folder you have the facepacks in
    check each facepack has a config and the images are named correctly
    Mullen19 likes this.

35. Screenshot the folder you have and inside the liverpool folder please

36. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    Screenshot the folder you have and inside the liverpool folder please
    Facepack Area Rules & Help Thread.-mcm-ni.png

37. Quote Originally Posted by Mullen19 View Post
    Screenshot the folder you have and inside the liverpool folder please
    Attachment 221115

38. Do you have any other facepacks that might be conflicting with the liverpool one ?

39. i had one but then i delete it

40. If you have it in my docs / si / fm12 the config is inside the same folder as all the images
    and you have ticked reload skin and unticked skin cache
    Then i have no idea mate lol sorry

41. nevermind...its only three faces..lol

42. I'm trying to add a transparent Manager Picture to my FM2012 game, I used GIMP and did the transparency guff. I also saved it as a .png but it still has a white background when it comes up on the personal details bit. Also, has anyone got a transparent picture for Mike Ashley?

43. right then since fm 2011 i have downloaded face packs and think i have followed the steps correctly and every time the faces are not in the game please help

44. Anybody know where i can get a facepack for nPower League 1 clubs

45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idh9cajLNJI

at the 2:30 mark u see the sinclair photo... was wondering not sure where this guy got the facepack from but was wondering if anyone know where to get it?

46. I have the latest update but there seems to be players missing, and not in small teams, Welbeck, Oxlade... Is it just me?? It's been like this for a long time, even after updating... Just never found an answer, might aswell ask here.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO