Like Tree6Likes

Arsenal beginning of first season. Who should I buy? (And sell)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

1. Arsenal beginning of first season. Who should I buy? (And sell)

I play the following formation.

-----GK-----
    LB-CB-CB-RB
    LM--CM--RM
    -CAM--CAM-
    -----ST-----

I am thinking of buying Fellaini as he would be perfect for my CM role. I have solid CAMs so I do not think I need anymore of them.

For my strikers: are Walcott, Podolski and Giroud good enough to challenge for the title and do well in Europe? Are there any young strikers worth picking up in this years version?

For RM I have Ox who I am planning on phasing in, but could do with a more established RM to play there as well in the big games. LM is a position I definitely need to buy a couple of players for, as it stands Arshavin can play there but not well IMO. I am struggling to think of who to buy for this position - Ideally I'd like a young player who would eventually become world class with time and an older player who could slot right into the first team.

I need a quality LB who could start straight away, and a RB to replace Sagna in time.

I think maybe one cheap CB for cover would do. I think I am fine on the GK front.

Now, what should I do with the players I have that don't fit my formation? Gervinhio is the main problem, I could probably retrain him but would I be better selling? Who else in the Arsenal squad is worth selling?

Thanks in advance.

2. For your LM, why not drop one of the CAM deeper and move the LM and RM up (So it's the 4-2-3-1 we play in real life). Then you can play Podolski/Gervinho there.

If not, Douglas Costa is quality for me there.
    Or Wellington Nem is such a bargain! £3.5m release clause and he can all over the midfield!

Gibbs is alright if you want to save money, if not try go for Baines. Jenkinson also has quite a good potential, if not I don't really know any good young RB's on this years game yet.

You already have 3 top-class CB's in Mert, Kosc and Verm, so with Djourou as further backup, you don't really need a new CB. However, Kurt Zouma is once again quality!

Gervinho is quality for me, 5 goals in 6 games so far.
    Try get a cheao backup GK, and sell Mannone. You should be ablle to get just over a £1m for Squillaci.

3. jovetic is quality for me and maybe look at alaba depending on your budget.

4. In my Arsenal save I have signed Falcao (52), Hummels (26), Romulo (20.5), Isco (17.5), Alaba (17), Butland (4.5) and Smalling (13) who arrives in January.

I have sold Gervinho (12.5), Mertesacker (11), Chamakh (7), Arshavin (7), Djourou (5.5), Andre Santos (4.8), Fabianski (1.5) Squillaci (1.3), Coquelin (loan), Frimpong (loan).

I plan to sell Rosicky, Diaby and Koscielny in January and bring in a couple of back up players.

Falcao (16 goals and only in mid-November) and Hummels (captain) are amazing, Cazorla is playing wide left to accommodate Isco who looks like becoming a world class AM, Alaba is coming good after injury, Romulo is performing ok but being retrained to play CM.

I am currently 2nd in a really good save with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool all up there after 12 matches along with Fulham surprisingly and Spurs are 17th.

Champions League group was a joke, I got Benfica, Juventus and Dortmund I am currently second with a win over Juventus and Dortmund at home and defeat away to Benfica.

I definitely recommend getting rid of the payers you mentioned and replacing them with younger more determined players. my view is that players like Mertesacker, Santos, Arshavin and Chamakh will need replacing eventually so why wait around when you can get good money for them first season.

5. Quote Originally Posted by theclash View Post
    In my Arsenal save I have signed Falcao (52), Hummels (26), Romulo (20.5), Isco (17.5), Alaba (17), Butland (4.5) and Smalling (13) who arrives in January.

I have sold Gervinho (12.5), Mertesacker (11), Chamakh (7), Arshavin (7), Djourou (5.5), Andre Santos (4.8), Fabianski (1.5) Squillaci (1.3), Coquelin (loan), Frimpong (loan).

I plan to sell Rosicky, Diaby and Koscielny in January and bring in a couple of back up players.

Falcao (16 goals and only in mid-November) and Hummels (captain) are amazing, Cazorla is playing wide left to accommodate Isco who looks like becoming a world class AM, Alaba is coming good after injury, Romulo is performing ok but being retrained to play CM.

I am currently 2nd in a really good save with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool all up there after 12 matches along with Fulham surprisingly and Spurs are 17th.

Champions League group was a joke, I got Benfica, Juventus and Dortmund I am currently second with a win over Juventus and Dortmund at home and defeat away to Benfica.

I definitely recommend getting rid of the payers you mentioned and replacing them with younger more determined players. my view is that players like Mertesacker, Santos, Arshavin and Chamakh will need replacing eventually so why wait around when you can get good money for them first season.
    What year are you in?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    What year are you in?
    First season.

Quote Originally Posted by theclash View Post
    First season.
    So you've spent 150 million first season ?
    IIxRossco likes this.

8. Yes.

9. For LM,if you could I'd recommend Bale. If not,your best bet would be retraining someone to there,maybe Griezman.

10. Hey. I need a winger that can sometimes play midfield or a play-maker I gave up on Gotze, Dortmund won’t sell him anymore. Which one is a better choice? Isco, Leitner, Lamela, Maher, or Jovetic? Thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast