Like Tree1Likes

Who to sign for Aston Villa ? First year
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Who to sign for Aston Villa ? First year

I understand that I have made another similar thread regarding reading but who would be so good players to sell and buy for Aston Villa?

Thanks again guys.

2. What is your budget and are there any particular positions your looking to fill?

3. They start out with no transfer budget but a around 120k ish on wages that are free !

I wouldnt have a clue what positions needed filling I don't really follow them but i guess that they would need new Right and left backs, and maybe a couple of midfielders, not too sure.

4. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    Crystal Palace and Aston Villa Modern Day Legend
    First things first, cut out the dead wood. Alan Hutton and Charles N'Zogbia should both go. Charlie should fetch you around 6 million, Hutton can either be sold or go out on loan. Might also be an idea to get rid of Fabian Delph (whatever you can get for him) and Stephen Ireland (asking price).

That should give you a bit of money to play with. From there, I'd try signing Reo-Coker on a free, Wellington Nem for his 3.5 mil minimum fee release clause, and a left back. I choose Tsepo Masilela for the latter, but whatever. That should all be covered by the sale of N'Zogbia. Then, you'll have to find a left-sided midfielder of some description - perhaps Bernard or Thomas Drage - and you should be good to go, more or less.

If you want more money, Bent can usually be moved on for 20 million to Spurs or Chelsea, and Dunne can also be offloaded. I usually do this, but only cause I play with one striker. Then, you can use that money to buy a new centre-back and strengthen your team.
    mld81 likes this.

5. Thank you ! what formation do you use ? and training ?

6. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannylfc View Post
    Thank you ! what formation do you use ? and training ?
    Depends. 4-4-2 can work fine for Villa, as can a 4-3-3, but I usually use a 4-2-3-1 deep, if only because I like it. Training can just be your assistant manager's suggestion, I guess, I don't pay massive amounts of attention to it.

7. Where did you finish in the league

8. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    First season, 6th. Then I got distracted with my Napoli file and experimental 3-3-2-1-1 formation, so I haven't continued it yet.

9. Wonderful stuff that ! cant wait to get started! would you recommend Bent and Benteke though ? in my last save which didnt go very well Bent was up on his own and had scored 17 by January! and what position would best suit Wellington Nem ?

10. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    Bent's good, but I prefer the 20 million. Allows me to bring in lower quality but far less expensive players like Celso Borges. Benteke isn't great in this, but he'll do.

Nem is good either behind the striker or on the wing, doesn't really matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast