The A-League Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. The A-League Thread

Melbourne Victory to get their 3rd title this year under Ange.

You heard it here first.

Plus....fuck the Heart.

2. S(cum)ydney are looking like they'll sign Del Piero. Hopefully he turns his back on that abortion of a football club.

3. Nice to see an A-League thread, i spent a few months coaching at Brisbane (Queensland as it was then) Roar FC.

There are a few Aussies here on the forums so i'm sure they will appreciate the rivalry and potential to discuss things.

Can we have a bit less of the aggression towards clubs you don't support please?

At the end of the day you are all franchises with little to no history, so to call another club an abortion is a little rich.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Nice to see an A-League thread, i spent a few months coaching at Brisbane (Queensland as it was then) Roar FC.

There are a few Aussies here on the forums so i'm sure they will appreciate the rivalry and potential to discuss things.

Can we have a bit less of the aggression towards clubs you don't support please?

At the end of the day you are all franchises with little to no history, so to call another club an abortion is a little rich.
    You coached at the Roar...?

5. Plus franchises is a bit harsh.

6. For a few months when i was over there on a work holiday visa. I played a few games for a couple of sides in Brisbane as well as coaching in their youth setups. One of the senior coaches knew someone at the Roar, they then invited me to coach their young goalkeepers until the end of the season.

Maybe slightly harsh, but what i'm getting at is there is no established firm history between clubs, due to the fact that most clubs didn't exist before the A-League started. There can't be a rivalry like say West Ham and Millwall, or Rangers and Celtic etc.

7. Fair enough.

In regards to your second paragraph; The rivalries in the A-League are growing fast. The league might only be 8 years old but there has been enough matches to carve out some fierce derby's. Sure, not on the level of the Old Firm etc., but for example, the Melbourne Derby has turned into a intense rivalry, on and off the pitch and that will only grow.

Like Melbourne/Adelaide because of the two grand finals (+ other games) has been made a pretty fiery clash for supporters and players alike, so there is enough history between (some) clubs to create decent rivalries.

8. Quote Originally Posted by xizi0612 View Post
    Harden up and enjoy the banter.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NorthVic View Post
    Harden up and enjoy the banter.
    its a spambot.

Its copied my wording exactly.

There were early signs of some rivalries even when i was there i'll admit.

What is really needed though is a national cup system involving all the clubs, not just A-League sides.

Even better is some promotion/relegation from the state leagues to the a-league.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    its a spambot.

Its copied my wording exactly.

There were early signs of some rivalries even when i was there i'll admit.

What is really needed though is a national cup system involving all the clubs, not just A-League sides.

Even better is some promotion/relegation from the state leagues to the a-league.
    ...But that is not how franchise sports work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast