Like Tree2Likes

A possibility?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. A possibility?

After reading the article about the FC Baku appointment, I was wondering what you guys thought of the following:

Obviously its alot of our dreams to be a football manager or own a football club but money and lack of experience obviously stands in our way.

Lets say you completed a couple of FA coaching course, not the UEFA B or A licences or anything, just a couple of basic ones costing less than £250 each or so along with the free courses which I believe they run?

Once you have a couple of small FA recognised coaching qualifications under your belt, how easy do you think it would be to get a job (part-time or full-time) as perhaps a reserve team coach for lets say a Semi-Professional or Amateur team in level 9 or 10 of the English football pyramid for example?
    For particularly cash-strapped clubs you may even offer your services for free as it wouldnt be a full time position anyway, would this make you more appealing? If you were a free reserve team coach?

Obviously you would be using this position to gain experience and as something for the CV and to make contacts and learn how a football club works etc....from there you would try and work your way up but its getting on the first rung of the ladder that would be hardest.

So....realistically, how hard do you think this is?

2. I already am mate I manage Chelsea
    epic terrorist likes this.

3. I was thinking about doing my level one and two next year but I think realistically you would need to build up your experience with youth teams whilst doing a level 3 before getting a job with reserve teams i think personally.

4. in all seriousness, I wish I could do that in this country (South Africa) but to be honest, for someone like me its a waste of time..

I get paid a lot more in my current job than I will anyway and I love my job..

I have thought of going to the UK and giving up everything here to do that though.. have lots of mates there, my fiance' lived there for 5 years etc.. but have a very good life here

5. BCAFC86
    Reserve
    I think you could make your CV a little more attractive by perhaps helping to coach your local Sunday league team while you do your courses or if you have a friend who has a pub team, try and persuade him to let you take on the burden of managing them.

Obviously a Semi-Professional outfit wont value managing a Pub team highly at all, but it shows your determination and that you have at least been involved in football and that you are taking things seriously alongside your FA badges. And also gives you something to talk about as a real life scenario should you be lucky enough to score an interview.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    in all seriousness, I wish I could do that in this country (South Africa) but to be honest, for someone like me its a waste of time..

I get paid a lot more in my current job than I will anyway and I love my job..

I have thought of going to the UK and giving up everything here to do that though.. have lots of mates there, my fiance' lived there for 5 years etc.. but have a very good life here
    Sounds fair tbh mate, I was thinking about doing mine up to level 4 and when i pass my degree moving to another country and trying to get into football there, its so retarded in the uk if you are not an ex-player you obviously have no idea about football if you get what i mean

7. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Sounds fair tbh mate, I was thinking about doing mine up to level 4 and when i pass my degree moving to another country and trying to get into football there, its so retarded in the uk if you are not an ex-player you obviously have no idea about football if you get what i mean
    yeah mate I would probably move to Sweden

8. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    yeah mate I would probably move to Sweden
    Bit cold, me and the mrs are thinking australia, i'm doing a psychology degree and I am on for a first right now could easily get a job for there health service. then with my superior british knowledge of football which solely consists of kicking it long to the big man I would esily pawn the A-league

9. BCAFC86
    Reserve
    I fancy Sweden, Germany or somewhere really obscure like the Faroe Islands. Get me on the coaching staff at a Faroe Islands premier league team in Torshavn and Ill be a happy guy.
    epic terrorist likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BCAFC86 View Post
    I fancy Sweden, Germany or somewhere really obscure like the Faroe Islands. Get me on the coaching staff at a Faroe Islands premier league team in Torshavn and Ill be a happy guy.
    could go to san marino and get on their coaching staff and try the san marino challenge in real life lol. the guys on here would be so jealous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast