Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lee

Jonathan Wilson: Congrats to Messi, but Ballon d'Or isn't sound for soccer

1. Jonathan Wilson: Congrats to Messi, but Ballon d'Or isn't sound for soccer

On Monday, at what convention dictates we describe as a glitzy ceremony in Zurich, Lionel Messi won the Ballon d'Or for the fourth year in a row. Which was the right decision. Or the wrong decision. Or just a decision, based on the votes of international coaches, international captains and journalists from around the world, that really doesn't matter at all, that sums up football's silly obsession with celebrity.

More...

2. Again Messi, but nothing to Iniesta.

What do you see from Messi in the Argentinian squad? Compare to Iniesta in Spain.

Barca is nothing without Xavi and Iniesta
    Messi is overrated

3. I totally disagree with the defence. Casillas didn't deserve to be gk of the year. Cech deserved that. And piqué didn't deserve to be in the world XI due to having a rather poor season and GF issues. I feel defenders and gk should get more credit for the work they do and players like Neuer, Cech, Dante, Sagna, Lahm, Collocini,Hummels, Subotic, Martinez and Alaba should get more credit.

4. Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    What do you see from Messi in the Argentinian squad?
    Nothing at all.
    Kris likes this.

5. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    England and Chelsea - !!!SINCE 1995!!! Modern Day Legend CJACKO11 is online now
    i'll just say something which was said back in 2009 i believe it was. "When Messi won it that year Ronaldo scored more in that calender year than Messi but people said it was about the trophies won not the goals" Obviously wasn't the case this year lol.

Totally disagree with the team by the way, i didn't even pay any attention to the awards as its far to predictable its irrelivent.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's one goal from the 90 he scored!! Im not saying he is an average player, no at all, just saying that whitout Xavi and Iniesta he he nos so great

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

I thought that was going to be a link to this

Stupid Sexy Flanders! - YouTube