• 1 Post By Lippo255
  • 1 Post By Weiry1
  • 2 Post By Lippo255
  • 1 Post By Weiry1
  • 1 Post By Weiry1

A-League

1. A-League

For those who follow A-League.

2. League is starting to shape up well. A bit sad that the Phoenix are still sitting in the middle of the pack.
    Lippo255 likes this.

3. Wellington have been a bit unlucky, they play some very entertaining football.
    Davey Jones likes this.

4. They certainly are, though we got lucky against you guys last weekend that that late penalty and draw. Roy Krishna is a beast right now.
    Lippo255 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    They certainly are, though we got lucky against you guys last weekend that that late penalty and draw. Roy Krishna is a beast right now.
    You're definitely right about Krishna, he's been a handful for everyone he's played against!

I'll admit the penalty was a bit lucky but on the balance of play, I thought you guys actually deserved at least a point, if not more, maybe it was we who were lucky
    Davey Jones likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    You're definitely right about Krishna, he's been a handful for everyone he's played against!

I'll admit the penalty was a bit lucky but on the balance of play, I thought you guys actually deserved at least a point, if not more, maybe it was we who were lucky
    I feel worried someone will swoop in and steal Krishna now as he has come good! Hard to say about match as I was so frustrated with the Phoenix's final passing into the dangerous areas as you guys did defend well but we did have chances and not take them so equal all around apart from the ridiculous rate of yellow cards as usual.
    Lippo255 likes this.

7. Sydney FC are reminding me of my FM career atm, long periods of domination followed by a Melbourne City goal
    Davey Jones likes this.

8. Another A-League player going to EPL? Central Coast's Anthony Caceres in talks about move to Manchester City | Football | The Guardian

Also good to see the little shit Roy O’Donovan banned for 8 weeks for that despicable head butt.
    Lippo255 likes this.

9. Just flicked over to find bottom placed, Central Coast Mariners, leading last years champs, Melbourne Victory, 3-0!

Caceres to City is an interesting one, he definitely has a fair upside but City upside? How many players are Manchester City allowed to loan to Melbourne City out of interest?

10. Scratch that, 3-2 within 5 minutes of me posting.
    Davey Jones likes this.

11. Name:  1a69de08b739556345eee4c0f9e994c1.png
Views: 146
Size:  29.1 KB
    Lippo255 and Davey Jones like this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Weiry1 View Post
    Cheers for the table, what site did you get it from? Looks awesome! Phoenix form does not make good reading along with CCM and Jets.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Cheers for the table, what site did you get it from? Looks awesome! Phoenix form does not make good reading along with CCM and Jets.
    FlashScore.com: Live Soccer Scores, Livescore

14. Couple of beers & the Sydney derby. Could life get any better?!
    Davey Jones likes this.

15. Could this season get any worse for the Phoenix, probably but at least I will be at the game in person at Christchurch this weekend telling the players to sort their crap out!
    Lippo255 and Weiry1 like this.

16. Look on the bright side mate, still got 7 more points then the Mariners & I can actually sit through a Phoenix game! They may not of won many recently but they're fun to watch! (probably not so much from your point of view )
    Davey Jones likes this.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Look on the bright side mate, still got 7 more points then the Mariners & I can actually sit through a Phoenix game! They may not of won many recently but they're fun to watch! (probably not so much from your point of view )
    Not so much when we don't have Krishna on the field to take the risks and shots, the bloody team keep passing the ball around and trying to avoid taking a shot on goal. Ernie keeps to drop some out of form players and get youngsters on.

18. FFA Cup started last night I went to both games. My side (Lismore Thistles) have a bye into the next round after the team we were meant to play forfeited. Fox Sports also came up and did some interviews and recorded the games.

Bangalow Bluedogs defeated Lennox Head Sharks 4-1
    Suffolk Park Phoenix defeated Ballina Seahorses 2-1
    Lippo255 likes this.

19. WTF! Phoenix 4 - Wanderers 0!

Just flicked over thought they must of mixed the scoreline up!
    Weiry1 and Davey Jones like this.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    WTF! Phoenix 4 - Wanderers 0!

Just flicked over thought they must of mixed the scoreline up!
    Flipping thrashed them 5-2 with Powell getting 4 goals!

21. Click image for larger version

Name:	14b6ee8005100dc01ea47f6511fc0581.png
Views:	63
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1031783

22. What do you think of Kosta Barbarouses moving to the Phoenix for next season?

23. Click image for larger version

Name:	c049895aae7fed67c99a93dd99dd9a79.png
Views:	46
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1039977

with just one round to go the table is looking like this. the top 6 has been decided but the minor premiership has not with 4 teams still able to take it out (mathematically) Who do you all think will take it out I'm thinking Brisbane will take out the minor and then Adelaide to win the final
    Lippo255 likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    What do you think of Kosta Barbarouses moving to the Phoenix for next season?
    Reckon that'll be a great move. Kosta has really impressed me since coming back from Europe, he's not just quick anymore, he's dangerous!

As far as the title goes, I'm backing the Roar for minor but (as a Sydney fc fan, cant believe i am going to say this) Melbourne City to win it all, just for Aaron Mooy! Think this may be the last year we see him here for a while, has to be Australia's best atm?

25. Well Adelaide have won the minor and I think they will carry on and win the final too. Thinking a Adelaide v Perth final?
    Lippo255 likes this.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Weiry1 View Post
    Well Adelaide have won the minor and I think they will carry on and win the final too. Thinking a Adelaide v Perth final?
    What an effort that is as well, dead last after 8 rounds to top of the table after 27!

Don't think I can argue with those 2, pretty much the form sides going in.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO