Why do you support your team ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. KA5A8IAN's Avatar KA5A8IANPremium Member
    • KA5A8IAN's Avatar
    • Glasgow Rangers- 53 and counting.
      We welcome the chase








      "To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."
    Premium Member

    Why do you support your team ?

    Searched, found nothing, it might be in the wrong place mods (sorry) but I couldn't find a better place to post it.

    So, why do you support your team ?? I support Rangers because all of my Dads side of the family does, and my local team was shit. (Really,really shit.) Also, do you go to the games ? We go to all home games, and attempt to go to away games, but recently finances have prohibited the away game ventures

    So, why do you support your team ?

  2. Alcaraz's Avatar Alcaraz
    Modern Day Legend
    My Dad supported Chelsea since he was a kid and I just caught on

  3. I support Arsenal as I was brought up in a Gunners family - before my dad moved to Wales he lived just around the corner. Ever since the 1999-00 season (when I was 7/8) I went to about 20-25 games per season, home and away, right up until the end of 2006-07 season (the first in the Emirates) as my dad fell seriously ill. Haven't been since but dying to go again, really miss those times

    Swansea are my closest professional football club so look out for their results.

    Espanyol are my 'FM' team. I had a successful story with Espanyol and since then I've kept up with their results/news online and on TV and even have their away shirt from last season and this one's being despatched soon.
    Last edited by Mike; 14/10/2010 at 05:17 PM.

  4. Dunno

  5. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • iNickStuff's Avatar
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

      x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

      England (2018-2022):

      x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    Some of my family live in Manchester and my Dad supports them.

    I support Queens Park Rangers because, locally, I live like 10 minutes away from their ground, Loftus Road.

  6. I loved Juventus when I was a young boy.

    Thats why I support Plymouth.

  7. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Im a Chelsea fans born and raised in Portsmouth and still live here now but i have always supported Chelsea. Im now 21 but didn't get properly into football untill i was about 7 so my first proper memories of Chelsea was in 1996. My dad supports Chelsea although he did used to support Leeds in the 70s but changed late in the 70s. My brother also supports Chelsea and so does his best mate and so does my best mate so their is a few around me at times.

  8. because they are the best

  9. was born in Manchester into a City supporting family, i didn't get on very well with my Dad so I decided to support United and have done ever since. Am a season ticket holder, have been for past few seasons now. try to go to as many away games as possible but its not always easy to win the ballott!

  10. Gaffer's Avatar GafferPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Rangers are my local team and my uncle, whom I really look up to is a massive Rangers fan.

  11. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    My Dad and Grandad had season tickets, all their lives, pretty much. When my Grandad died, I took up his season ticket. We go to all home games, and whatever away ones we can get, Blackburn every year away, is the exception.

    I support them, because, well my family do, brought up with it, and we're a great club for fans!

  12. My dad and bro do, i come from doncaster but have you ever been to one of their games, shit atmosphere
    plus leeds are mint

    MOT

  13. SamScfc's Avatar SamScfcPremium Member
    WINNING
    Because there my local team, and I'm not a glory hunter, I could easily sit and support Utd/City/Liverpool/Everton/Chelsea and not go to games, but I support my local team and always will, whether there good or not, I don't care, I'm proud of who I support.

    I have a season ticket and go most away games, this season I've been to them all.

  14. Local team basically. It helps that my whole family support the lads as well.

  15. A lot of my family on my mum's side are from wakefield and all support Leeds. My mum supports Utd so I had to back her up. It's great having family footballing rivalries!

    Also have a soft spot for Forest - my local team that my brother supports

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    was born in Manchester into a City supporting family, i didn't get on very well with my Dad so I decided to support United and have done ever since. Am a season ticket holder, have been for past few seasons now. try to go to as many away games as possible but its not always easy to win the ballott!
    Just want to clarify something ryan, you say your dad supports City, but you told me once that he is a utd supporter and he is what got you into Utd. you also say you didnt get on with him, or maybe still dont. but you told me all this, whilst round his on MSN one time?

    Not another Story is it?

  17. This is gonna sound like a bit of a shit reason but when I was about 7 it was coming up to the 96/97 FA Cup 4th round tie between Chelsea and Liverpool. And because my dad supported Liverpool, I decided to support Chelsea and what a great decision that was

  18. I have to be honest, the only reason I support Plymouth, is because if I didn't, then their attendance would drop by half every game, to 1. Thats why they give me a season ticket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Just want to clarify something ryan, you say your dad supports City, but you told me once that he is a utd supporter and he is what got you into Utd. you also say you didnt get on with him, or maybe still dont. but you told me all this, whilst round his on MSN one time?

    Not another Story is it?
    I am suprised his wife lets him go to the football tbh, he should be at home looking after their child.

  19. The reason i support Derby County was because at an early age I heard andy gray say the best games are always derby games

  20. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I have to be honest, the only reason I support Plymouth, is because if I didn't, then their attendance would drop by half every game, to 1. Thats why they give me a season ticket.
    I think half the people flock in to see you bumming someone

    On topic:
    I hate Le Arse due to the cheating of players like Henry/Vieira/Ashley Cole so I support their rivals Tottenham

    I support Pune FC because its my hometown club.

  21. i have never once said my old man supports United he is the reason i support United because he is a City fan and as a child I didn't get on with him at all so did everything "wrong" in hes eyes.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    i have never once said my old man supports United he is the reason i support United because he is a City fan and as a child I didn't get on with him at all so did everything "wrong" in hes eyes.
    He was right

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    i have never once said my old man supports United he is the reason i support United because he is a City fan and as a child I didn't get on with him at all so did everything "wrong" in hes eyes.
    It is what you told me on MSN, think it was after the bayern Home game age ago, you stayed at your dads that night, or so it was claimed.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by KA5A8IAN View Post
    So, why do you support your team ?

    I ask myself that on a regular basis But thats the beauty of being a proper fan, there may be far more bad times than good times, but that just makes the good times feel all the more special

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    It is what you told me on MSN, think it was after the bayern Home game age ago, you stayed at your dads that night, or so it was claimed.
    yeah i stay at my old mans as he lives in Manchester and driving to Manchester and back down to Essex is a long journey so i stop over night. doesn't mean he supports United does it?

    and if you remember correctly, you'd remember saying something along the lines of getting a lot of abuse for the defeat.

  26. SamScfc's Avatar SamScfcPremium Member
    WINNING
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    It is what you told me on MSN, think it was after the bayern Home game age ago, you stayed at your dads that night, or so it was claimed.
    Jast look at yo chat logs.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    yeah i stay at my old mans as he lives in Manchester and driving to Manchester and back down to Essex is a long journey so i stop over night. doesn't mean he supports United does it?

    and if you remember correctly, you'd remember saying something along the lines of getting a lot of abuse for the defeat.
    nope, i remeber you saying he was pissed as well, when i asked you who does he support, then you deleted me from msn a few days later, over a childish act from you, Oh well ryan.

    ---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SamScfc View Post
    Jast look at yo chat logs.
    He has deleted me

  28. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SamScfc View Post
    Because there my local team, and I'm not a glory hunter, I could easily sit and support Utd/City/Liverpool/Everton/Chelsea and not go to games, but I support my local team and always will, whether there good or not, I don't care, I'm proud of who I support.

    I have a season ticket and go most away games, this season I've been to them all.
    So because i live in Portsmouth and struggle to make many games that makes me a glory hunter??

  29. okay, i was born in birmingham... live in dunfermline and have done since i was 1 ( 15 now) , all dads family is from teeside, and i just followed on, but my two brothers (23 and 26) they support villa and spurs, before i was born when my brothers lived in birmingham, their first game was villa vs tottenham, and they supported a different team each, they were young then so they have stuck, so 3 brothers 3 completely different teams

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    nope, i remeber you saying he was pissed as well, when i asked you who does he support, then you deleted me from msn a few days later, over a childish act from you, Oh well ryan.

    ---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------



    He has deleted me
    lets face it, its my word over yours. the many sheep and cunts on this site will take your word over mine but its funny as i have told a few others members that he supports City.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    lets face it, its my word over yours. the many sheep and cunts on this site will take your word over mine but its funny as i have told a few others members that he supports City.

    You also told a few memember you where engaged? Funny That,

  32. Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    lets face it, its my word over yours. the many sheep and cunts on this site will take your word over mine but its funny as i have told a few others members that he supports City.
    Not really sheep or cunts, just your word doesn't really mean much considering the fairy tale you made.

  33. SamScfc's Avatar SamScfcPremium Member
    WINNING
    Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    So because i live in Portsmouth and struggle to make many games that makes me a glory hunter??
    I don't know you.

    I was talking about the people that go my school.

  34. Local team, because I've lived in Manchester (Trafford, to be specific) my whole life.
    Last edited by dennis23294; 14/10/2010 at 05:49 PM.

  35. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SamScfc View Post
    I don't know you.

    I was talking about the people that go my school.
    my apologies i jumped the gun abit.

  36. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    lets face it, its my word over yours. the many sheep and cunts on this site will take your word over mine but its funny as i have told a few others members that he supports City.

  37. SamScfc's Avatar SamScfcPremium Member
    WINNING
    Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    my apologies i jumped the gun abit.
    It's reet.

    The fact that you asked the question shows your a true fan in my opinion!

  38. Dad supported United and Rochdale, our whole family was from Rochdale.. but we moved down south. I want to see United play more but I hate the long car journeys, but i'll always support them and in a way I probably deserve the glory hunter claims because I'm southern and have been to about 5 matches in 17 years but i've been a red since I was a kid.. but I became a die-hard fan when my first match I went to was Manchester United 7-1 Roma.. then I fell in love

  39. Modern Day Legend
    all my uncles, cousins (apart from a couple) and dad support chelsea. My dad supported chelsea since he was little even when they was inthe old division 2 he didnt give up on them and he was right not to. then I got into football and started supporting chelsea in about 1997 and I dont regret it. I try to go to as many games as possible but its tough at times when you look at chelseas ticktet prices I mean fucking 60 quid for a ticket in 2005 for chelsea v birmingham who at the time where either 19th or 20th i think

  40. If I'm being honest I didn't really take up football until halfway through 2008-09, support Liverpool because my mate did (if I'm being honest) I loved the way they played and followed and watched their games ever since. Started going to Dundee games 2009-10 and we almost got promoted that season but we have been a downward spiral ever since. I suppose you could call me a glory hunter but I made my decision based on the way they played, that was the past, PLEASE let us not discuss the future

  41. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenie View Post
    If I'm being honest I didn't really take up football until halfway through 2008-09, support Liverpool because my mate did (if I'm being honest) I loved the way they played and followed and watched their games ever since. Started going to Dundee games 2009-10 and we almost got promoted that season but we have been a downward spiral ever since. I suppose you could call me a glory hunter but I made my decision based on the way they played, that was the past, PLEASE let us not discuss the future
    I respect the fact that you have admitted you have only been supporting Liverpool for only the last year or so and havent decided to talk bollocks about how youve been a liffe long fan

  42. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cfc12345 View Post
    all my uncles, cousins (apart from a couple) and dad support chelsea. My dad supported chelsea since he was little even when they was inthe old division 2 he didnt give up on them and he was right not to. then I got into football and started supporting chelsea in about 1997 and I dont regret it. I try to go to as many games as possible but its tough at times when you look at chelseas ticktet prices I mean fucking 60 quid for a ticket in 2005 for chelsea v birmingham who at the time where either 19th or 20th i think
    Yer ticket prices are a joke mate, i didn't get a membership last season but managed to get to 1 game. Bolton at home on a tuesday ticket was £25 thats only because it was 3days after the FA cup semi and people didn't want to go, although i was in the Matthew Harding Lower right at the back so the view wasen't great but atleast we won (just about).

  43. Gaffer's Avatar GafferPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenie View Post
    If I'm being honest I didn't really take up football until halfway through 2008-09, support Liverpool because my mate did (if I'm being honest) I loved the way they played and followed and watched their games ever since. Started going to Dundee games 2009-10 and we almost got promoted that season but we have been a downward spiral ever since. I suppose you could call me a glory hunter but I made my decision based on the way they played, that was the past, PLEASE let us not discuss the future
    Trust me mat, if you support Dundee no one'll think your a glory hunter.

  44. Quote Originally Posted by cfc12345 View Post
    I respect the fact that you have admitted you have only been supporting Liverpool for only the last year or so and havent decided to talk bollocks about how youve been a liffe long fan
    Cheers mate.

  45. it seems like everyone on this site is from manc-chester

  46. SamScfc's Avatar SamScfcPremium Member
    WINNING
    Quote Originally Posted by nilelg5 View Post
    it seems like everyone on this site is from manc-chester
    I'm not!

    Stockport, is not in Manchester.

  47. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    we're a great club for fans!
    Not when you register on a ten year long waiting list!!!

    I support Liverpool because my grandparents were season ticket holders and supported them and when I was younger I went to a few games with him before he died.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by SamScfc View Post
    I'm not!

    Stockport, is not in Manchester.
    Did'nt say you was

    anyway its just theres about 50 man u fans and they all seem to be from manchester

  49. Arsenal was the first English Premier Team I knew... It was because of FIFA 2003 on the PC I caught on with them.

  50. Quote Originally Posted by nilelg5 View Post
    Did'nt say you was

    anyway its just theres about 50 man u fans and they all seem to be from manchester
    Is there a problem with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO