Like Tree246Likes

My best tactic for FM14

1. My best tactic for FM14

Hey guys I have decided to release my best tactic this year based on the 4141 formation, using a very fluid philosophy. The tactic has been designed to play nice possession football and give intelligent movement between the lines.

How I came to design this tactic was simple, I thrust myself into google looking at match analysis, formation analysis, player roles etc and came across a post on si which i found very interesting, it is a 12 step guide by someone I believe has input into the match engine and can be found here :How to Play FM14: A Twelve Step Guide This allowed me to implement my idea's into the game quite easily.

The Formation and instructions:
    My best tactic for FM14-newcastle-united_-tactics-team.png

As you can see there are quite a lot of instructions some may think its over the top but I think every aspect of a game must have some manager input.The formation, strategy and fluidity always stay the same, we want to be at our opponents as soon as possible.

The instructions are set to create effective possession instead of retaining, this will allow us to create more shooting opportunities, dropping deep will invite opposition onto us, allowing the attacking players space to play into and make runs. playing wider to stretch the opponents as much as possible. We also want to play aggressively putting pressure on the opponents in their space as soon as we loose the ball. This will allow us to win the ball back and recycle possession looking for the next break.

Player Roles: Playing very fluid we require all players to take part in all stages of play, therefore mostly generic roles have been chosen.

Goalkeeper : Defend, will do his best to stop goals.
    Full backs : one support/one attack, creates movement between the lines to allow for more passing options.
    Centre backs : defend, simple again break up attacks and play it to more creative players.
    Anchorman. Defend, sits in the hole between the defense and midfield, breaks up play and recycles possession.
    Centre midfielder: attack, gets up to support the false 9, provides goals and link up play.
    Wingers: Attack, provide width, playing in crosses and showing up at back post to contribute to some goals.
    False9: Support, Floats between the front line and the midfield, drags defenders around, creating space and scoring goals.

Player attributes: Here is a list of the most important attributes for each position- Top line most important, middle line medium importance and third line is least important but are good to have.

Along with the following attributes if not mentioned, passing, technique, determination, teamwork and workrate are of benefit in all area's along with good physical attributes.

GK - Ariel Ability, Handling, one on ones, reflexes, positioning, agility, throwing
    Command of area, composure, concentration, decisions,
    Throwing, Kicking, Determination and bravery.

FB's - Tackling, Marking, Crossing, Positioning, Stamina, Acceleration
    Dribbling, Decisions, Work rate, pace
    Long Throws, Determination, Composure.

CB's - Strength, Jumping, Positioning, Heading, Tackling, Marking
    Decisoins, composure, concentration, determination
    pace, accelleration, teamwork, work rate, anticipation
    PPM's : Marks Opponent Tightly, Runs rarely with ball, Stays back at all times

Anchor- Work rate, Strength, Tackling, Marking, Heading
    Positioning, Determination, Anticipation, concentration, decisions
    PPM's : Marks Opponent Tightly, Runs rarely with ball, Stays back at all times, Plays no through balls

CM - Passing, Workrate, Long shots, Creativity, Good Physical stats (this is in general)
    First touch, Dribbling, Decisions, off the ball, positioning, teamwork
    Composure, Anticipation, finishing.
    PPM's: Gets into opposition area,

Wingers - Crossing, Dribbling, Technique, Pace, Accelleration
    Passing, Agility, Balance, Flair
    Decisions, off the ball, Stamina
    PPM's : Runs with ball often, Runs with ball down (side) Gets forward whenever possible.

False 9 - Creativity, off the ball, passing, first touch
    Teamwork, workrate, long shots, finishing, dribbling
    Pace, flair, accelleration, agility, balance, composure, anticipation.
    PPM's : comes deep to get the ball, plays one twos, Tries Killer balls

Recommended players :

I was going to do a list, but seeing as there are so many different types of players it would seem almost impossible to pick the best for each role, plus different player abilities, PPM's attributes will contribute to how a player plays, I would say though big strong CB's like Kompany are a must, CM's like Toure or Pogba wouldnt hurt, wingbacks like Baines, Alves, striker's Messi/Aguero. You get the picture....

What I will do is give you my favourate young player first 11 and you might be shocked Balanta isnt a CB haha he is guff at defending corners

Marc-Andr

My best tactic for FM14-danilo_-overview-profile.pngMy best tactic for FM14-daniele-rugani_-overview-profile.pngMy best tactic for FM14-kurt-zouma_-overview-profile.pngMy best tactic for FM14-alex-sandro_-overview-profile.png

My best tactic for FM14-anchor.png

My best tactic for FM14-rw.png My best tactic for FM14-leon-goretzka_-overview-profile.pngMy best tactic for FM14-rafinha_-overview-profile.pngMy best tactic for FM14-memphis-depay_-overview-attributes.png
    My best tactic for FM14-carlos-fierro_-overview-profile.png

Training and Match Prep:

A note on staff, it is important to get the best staff available as soon as possible. Most likely the staff at your club are inadequate to the goals you wish to achieve. Look through them they will accept mutual termination (it does cost money) but who wants dead wood when they can have 4star plus coaches. the better the coaches the better the team will develop and learn tactics faster.

Individual training -
    My best tactic for FM14-newcastle-united_-training-individual.png
    in order to have the best spread of attributes it is important not to give specialized roles such as false 9 in training at an early age. It is better to train more generic roles such as complete forward until a player reaches around 20-22 and then switch to specialized like false nine following this.

Luckily in this tactic there are only 2 specialized roles, the false 9 and the anchor man, there fore everyone else can be given there specific role training from a young age for example, wing backs are given wing back individual training, centre midfielders are given centre midfielder individual training.

All individual training is set to high, I ignore players complaining about their training work load, this has had no negative effects on morale for me yet.

Pre Season

Pre Season is a very important part of the game this is when you will be making the most radical changes to your team, when you make changes to staff or squad personnel it affects both tactic familiarity, team morale, and how well knit the team is as a unit. To counter this it is important to make changes as early as possible, and to use Team Cohesion training on High. This will improve team understanding and help the team bond. To help with tactic familiarity the only training which does this is Match Preperation training set to Tactic's. In pre season this is set to 50% so that the team gets as fluid as possible before the season starts.

My best tactic for FM14-newcastle-united_-training-team-3.png

It is also important to place the tactic in all 3 slots in the tactics screen this will allow you to learn the tactic faster
    My best tactic for FM14-newcastle-united_-tactics-overview-2.png (please note, this image does not show this tactic, just a representation of a tactic being placed in all 3 slots)

It is important to play between 8-12 friendlies against very weak opposition. This will allow your team morale to increase as you will be scoring goals a plenty, plus it will help you get your full squad match fit without worrying about who is playing as you should win by a large margin anyways.

Team Training -
    My best tactic for FM14-newcastle-united_-training-team-2.png

Balanced low this will allow the players to develop more from individual training, becoming more efficient in their role, whilst gaining relative growth in other area's to be as well rounded as possible.

Match preparation

Defensive positioning 30%

Team Talks
    are important and are relative so you have to think about these depending on the team you are playing and the expectation compared to the result you are having.

If you are having problems, or are unsure of which team talks to use then have a read of Raikan's guide, initially created for fm13 but has been updated, this guy puts out lots of valuable information so be sure to check out his threads
    Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Opposition instructions

I use them, through the use of the assistant manager, I feel it brings more defensive stability by having specified instructions for individual threats.

Pitch size
    Set this to maximum, you want to be able to create as much space as possible, some leagues have distinct rules on pitch size therefore this may not be changeable.

Results pre 14.2:

I have tested this tactic with multiple teams, which provided me the evidence that this tactic should work with teams of all different levels, provided you have the players for the positions. However this is not a super tactic where you will win 100% of games with the worsed or even the best teams.

Newcastle League and cup finishes 1st Season:
    My best tactic for FM14-capital-one-cup_-overview-stages.pngMy best tactic for FM14-english-fa-cup_-overview-stages.pngMy best tactic for FM14-english-premier-division_-overview-profile.png

2 cup wins and an unfortunate bout of injuries left us 3rd in the league in the first season.
    Leandro damaio would have been top scorer had he not been injured for 5 games at the end.
    Marveux, top assists and he's not even that special a player.
    Tim Krul: golden glove

Team of the year: 5 players in first team plus subs
    My best tactic for FM14-sandy-barclay_-news-inbox.png

Newcastle League and Cup finishes, 2nd Season:
    My best tactic for FM14-capital-one-cup_-overview-stages-2.pngMy best tactic for FM14-english-community-shield_-overview-stages.pngMy best tactic for FM14-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.pngMy best tactic for FM14-european-champions-cup_-overview-stages.png

Premier division win, capital cup win, community shield win, and most importantly champions league win knocking out real madrid and barcelona winning 3-0 at nou camp. Couldnt have asked for a much better season, maybe should have beat Tottenham in the FA cup too but unfortunately my second team wasnt up to the task.

Malmo results by Kiffe: Tactic implemented in Helsingsborg match highlited.
    My best tactic for FM14-sk-rmavbild-2013-11-02-kl.-02.28.56-kiffe.png

My best tactic for FM14-sk-rmavbild-2013-11-03-kl.-kiffe.png
    Kiffe won his league with Malmo with ease, scoring the most goals and also conceding the least. good luck next season mate.

Dag&Red results by Diegofr: Diegofr ran away with skybet league 2, and is enjoying FM again
    My best tactic for FM14-sky-bet-league-2_-vista-general-fases-diegofs.png

a_ilfandy has been so kind as to include this in his pre-test big thanks and shout out to him and his thread, please check it out for an epic testing of all the popular tactics in the forums and other places ---
    My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2014)

mantorras77 has also been kind enough to test this tactic, big thanks and a shout go out to him also, this tactics resuts:
    Mantorras77's Tactic Testing League
    Check out mantorras77 thread for a different but equally as epic testing of the popular FM tactics around the site-
    Mantorras77's Tactic Testing League

more results to come

NOTE:: Tactic has no exploits, does not guarantee success, however if you develop your team to suit the tactic then you will be able to achieve success.

Thanks for reading, and please if you have feedback give it, positive or negative.

Last Edit:06/01..10:41-OP updated, updated player roles, updated training section, recommended players, Updated link to current tactic report on Mantoras77 testing league.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by callamity; 24/01/2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Update

2. Looks good, i'll give it a go. Any OI?
    callamity and soetens like this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ItsOnlyKrush View Post
    Looks good, i'll give it a go. Any OI?
    Yeah sorry I set OI to assistant manager, updating OP now, thanks

4. Does this work with the full game release?
    callamity likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by flipstick420 View Post
    Does this work with the full game release?
    Yes, this newcastle game was on full release.

6. Arsenal FC Star Player
    Nice will give it a try
    callamity likes this.

7. good luck guys, please let me know how it goes, and if you want results in OP post those too

8. I tried your tactic, I was having to many draws with mine so I needed something new. And so far it has been very good. I started using it from the Helsingborg game, it was not fluid yet then.

My best tactic for FM14-sk-rmavbild-2013-11-02-kl.-02.28.56.png

I have had som superb results, especially in the Euro cup, amazing against Feyenoord.

The loss against H?cken, well that was most unlock:

My best tactic for FM14-sk-rmavbild-2013-11-02-kl.-02.30.08.png

Now one thing I noticed thou is that I had more difficult playing in the domestic league than Euro cup and I would guess that it depends on the opposition sitting deep against me with aggressiv counter because I am touted to finish on second place in league and so I am playing as favorite against the better part of games. So what I did was in those games I changed the

right wingback > fullback - defend
    left wingback > fullback - attack

And it works much better against those opposition.
    callamity likes this.

9. My best tactic for FM14-sky-bet-league-2_-vista-general-fases.png

I'm finally enjoying the game.
    the four games they lost were extremely tired players
    I have a squad very short, without buying players and 80% of the squad with a level of two divisions below. brilliant performance
    callamity likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kiffe View Post
    I tried your tactic, I was having to many draws with mine so I needed something new. And so far it has been very good. I started using it from the Helsingborg game, it was not fluid yet then.

Attachment 402859

I have had som superb results, especially in the Euro cup, amazing against Feyenoord.

The loss against H?cken, well that was most unlock:

Attachment 402862

Now one thing I noticed thou is that I had more difficult playing in the domestic league than Euro cup and I would guess that it depends on the opposition sitting deep against me with aggressiv counter because I am touted to finish on second place in league and so I am playing as favorite against the better part of games. So what I did was in those games I changed the

right wingback > fullback - defend
    left wingback > fullback - attack

And it works much better against those opposition.
    Very nice results indeed mate, Feyenord never stood a chance, I will look into the wingback's and see if It improves the tactic for me also.

thanks for the feedback.

+ Reply to Thread