Like Tree237Likes

Site Improvements Suggestions

1. I like that idea. Sick of not having a place to mouth off about the green name brigade on the forum.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    because it's a PREMIUM MEMBER area?

I thought it would be a bit of a drab idea
    Personally, as I have donated, I still hold myself as a Premium member.

3. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Personally, as I have donated, I still hold myself as a Premium member.
    but to be fair, people know you as a Staff member over a premium member

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    but to be fair, people know you as a Staff member over a premium member
    Meh, well, at the end of the day, you want less people to post in a section that already has a minimal amount of people posting?

5. I'm a premium member as well as a staff member.

If you were in charge of a forum, would you want a section of it to be invisible to you, where the likes of Billy were making their true feelings felt?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    because it's a PREMIUM MEMBER area?

I thought it would be a bit of a drab idea
    But nearly all the staff are premium members anyway. It would probably be a riot in the Premium Members section without the staff... Oh wait, no-one uses it...

7. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm a premium member as well as a staff member.

If you were in charge of a forum, would you want a section of it to be invisible to you, where the likes of Billy were making their true feelings felt?
    suppose. just as I thought, it's a shit idea

8. I like it, We could get dunc monitoring it, as he is uber gay, and abuse everyone

FACEPALM

9. I have a problem logging in. Every time I do so, even when I tick the remember me box, the very next thing I click and I get logged off. I've deleted my cookies many times. Could someone help me?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    I have a problem logging in. Every time I do so, even when I tick the remember me box, the very next thing I click and I get logged off. I've deleted my cookies many times. Could someone help me?
    Tried a different browser? I found this happens with Internet Explorer when I'm at work.

No problems on my normal browsers, Firefox and Opera though.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Tried a different browser? I found this happens with Internet Explorer when I'm at work.

No problems on my normal browsers, Firefox and Opera though.
    Thanks Jake, it works . It happened to me on Firefox and Safari. IE 8 is working fine

12. Jasonlfc96's Avatar Jasonlfc96Premium Member
    formerly asjso
    Quote Originally Posted by Stann View Post
    Can I suggest maybe having a "go to bottom" button at the top of each thread page, as it can get quite annoying scrolling to the bottom of a long page all the time. Also a way of notifying if someone quote replies something you said possibly? And a way of clicking your post under "view posts" and it goes to the correct part of the thread?
    Where the scroll bar is on the right just right click on the bar and then click bottom

13. Quick question, can I do a story on fifa 11 career mode within the fifa series section?

14. Quote Originally Posted by *JK* View Post
    Quick question, can I do a story on fifa 11 career mode within the fifa series section?
    If you really, really want to. We had a few FIFA stories, and as far as I am aware, they were sucky ttm.

15. I think when we make a thread, we should be able to delete posts made be people!

16. where it says who you support underneath it you could have a currently managing "write your team" who you are doing a game with 11

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

another point what happened to the time ?

its only 5.25 PM ?

17. Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post

its only 5.25 PM ?
    How you've noticed that now I'll never know, it's been like that for some time (HA!)!

18. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    I swear the site was closed in the summer for that to be changed

19. Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post

its only 5.25 PM ?
    Thanks for pointing that out. When there was a problem with the host the server was rebooted on their end. Everytime it reboots the time changes back to whatever ridiculous time it thinks it is.

I will have to find a good time to close the site for 5 hours so we can catch up.

20. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    Is it me, or is the site ball-twisting slow today?

21. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    Possibly just due to the mass amount of new people on the forum because of the release.

22. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    It's imminent - FM11 is upon us.

23. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    its ball twistingly slow today.

Sean, probably a stupid question, but why does the clock need to be the same time, and why do you have to shut for 5 hours to make it work?

24. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Why So Serious?
    it just took 11 minutes to upload a file less than 1mb to the site.

25. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    it just took 11 minutes to upload a file less than 1mb to the site.
    Surely that'll be to do with your Internet? And not the site..

26. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post
    its ball twistingly slow today.

Sean, probably a stupid question, but why does the clock need to be the same time, and why do you have to shut for 5 hours to make it work?
    Its not slow for me just the usual speed

27. Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post

Apparently it messes up the times on the predictions. It's the only thing thats connected by the time on the forums i think, so it needs to be the proper time...and it needs to be shut for hours as it's 5 hours behind.

28. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Apparently it messes up the times on the predictions. It's the only thing thats connected by the time on the forums i think, so it needs to be the proper time...and it needs to be shut for hours as it's 5 hours behind.
    cheers becky.

also is anyone else still finding the site is running really slowly? dont think its my connection as every other site i visit loads up fine. using google chrome if that helps

29. yea really slow for me today, sometime i a load of code come instead of a thread as well, dont think there has been to much traffic on the site today to slow it down, mey my fm will be here within the hour so i wont be complaining then anyway

30. Yehh, i was gonna start a thread about it,
    but the new thread page just wouldn't load haha

31. I am using IE and was using Firefox earlier and it was running like a snail

32. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Horrifically slow

Must be all the new threads about people who haven't got their copy yet

33. Yeh, shame all the noobs are clogging up the site! I didn't think FM11 would cause that much of a rush, thought everyone would be too busy playing the game to bother coming on here!

34. Quote Originally Posted by Stann View Post
    Yeh, shame all the noobs are clogging up the site! I didn't think FM11 would cause that much of a rush, thought everyone would be too busy playing the game to bother coming on here!
    dont think that is the reason because it seems to be not very active today

maybe sean i updating the site or something

this is what i get in 9/10 of the threads i click

35. Quote Originally Posted by Shay Given View Post

There's been 2000 members on all day, that's a big workload for the server to handle.
    Last edited by Redders; 05/11/2010 at 11:16 PM.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Shay Given View Post

its your own problem when it goes like that, your internet maybe, i have never had that so i assume its your internet

37. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    that's a Chrome problem, reload it - 75% of threads aren't loading for me

38. Quote Originally Posted by Neall View Post
    its your own problem when it goes like that, your internet maybe, i have never had that so i assume its your internet
    not sure because all other sites are flying today, and this site went offline earlier today or was that just me?

Edit: i am on FF Nick so again not sure
    Last edited by Shay Given; 05/11/2010 at 11:21 PM.

39. Please be patient if you feel that the site is going slow for you, there is just a few thousand people online at the moment and there isn't anything we can do about it.
    Last edited by Becky; 05/11/2010 at 11:25 PM.

40. Site is slow, understandable though.

Any update on the blog system?

41. Release day is always like this. Couple that with this being the Friday of a school week, ie plenty of kids will have got the game today and rushed home from school. The site was always going to run slow today, it's to be expected.
    Last edited by Jake; 05/11/2010 at 11:30 PM.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Please be patient if you feel that the site is going slow for you, there is just a few thousand people online at the moment and there isn't anything we can do about it.
    sorry if i am coming across inpatient,it is understandable that it is slower today, just making sure it wasnt just me who was getting this

43. Quote Originally Posted by Shay Given View Post
    sorry if i am coming across inpatient,it is understandable that it is slower today, just making sure it wasnt just me who was getting this
    lol, oh i wasn't directing it at just you, it was just incase anyone else comes on this thread and asks why it's slow.

44. Where has the live search bar gone?

It's completely disapeared on my PC D:
    Last edited by The Bath Manager; 06/11/2010 at 07:32 AM.

45. Painfully slow for me at the moment. Will probably be on rarely until the huge hype dies down and the site speeds up a little. I understand that it is diifficult for the server to process this huge mass of new members/posts.

46. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bath Manager View Post
    Where has the live search bar gone?

It's completely disapeared on my PC D:
    to increase site speed i think.

47. does anyone know when the new blog system is coming out?

48. Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal_James1997 View Post
    does anyone know when the new blog system is coming out?
    When the new site layout is finished Which might be some time, Sean has been quite busy.

49. I'm just wondering how come the time of the site (at the bottom the page), is 1:00 AM??

50. Quote Originally Posted by Ross 95 View Post
    I'm just wondering how come the time of the site (at the bottom the page), is 1:00 AM??
    Site Improvements Suggestions

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO