Like Tree157Likes

Moderator Requests

1. The kind of silly posts we have just had to delete are sure fire ways to make sure you don't become a mod.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The kind of silly posts we have just had to delete are sure fire ways to make sure you don't become a mod.
    The kind of silly posts you've just had to delete are sure questionable as to what sort of mod you chose.

Don't dish out what you can't take back.

3. Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
    The kind of silly posts you've just had to delete are sure questionable as to what sort of mod you chose.

I think you've read the tone of GodCubed's post all wrong. His post was tongue in cheek, poking fun at himself, as it could be argued that

''Become mates with the current mods, then make a few high effort posts and then wait til a new FM comes out.''

Is exactly what he did.

He's a very good staff member, and works for Sports Interactive to boot.
    Lee, GodCubed and epic terrorist like this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I think you've read the tone of GodCubed's post all wrong. His post was tongue in cheek, poking fun at himself, as it could be argued that

''Become mates with the current mods, then make a few high effort posts and then wait til a new FM comes out.''

Is exactly what he did.

Okay. I'm over it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

Is exactly what he did.

I love you Jake. You're my favourite Jake.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

I have no ambition to ever become a mod I am also a frequent poster on base and have been for a few years, I try and help out where I can and help people with tactical, player and technical issues where possible. I say this so you can see I am trying to be objective here. Being salty with mods is probably not the way to go if you have serious aspirations to become a mod. Just do what jake says keep your head down, help out where possible and if the opportunity arises they will bear you in mind, you can't say fairer than that really.

7. To think this all started by me asking the Mods to delete a thread! Glad all of this is over, sorry if I affected any of you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    No, sorry. It's to stop people posting massive images that will make the forum unreadable.
    I've found an example. In this thread, the user uses the from computer option to upload it on FMBASE instead of a different image hoster (From URL). As you can see from his thread, his images are full size (as an attachment from FM BASE). When I choose the 'From Computer' option my images appear as thumbnails (see below).

Moderator Requests-klbiakr.jpg (jpg)

Moderator Requests-klbiakr.png (png)

While in this thread the users attachments are full size.

Liverpool F.C. The 5 Year Plan.

Any idea on how I can replicate what this user is able to do, which is post his images full size?
    Last edited by Kaarto7; 07/11/2014 at 04:16 AM.

9. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarto7 View Post
    I've found an example. In this thread, the user uses the from computer option to upload it on FMBASE instead of a different image hoster (From URL). As you can see from his thread, his images are full size (as an attachment from FM BASE). When I choose the 'From Computer' option my images appear as thumbnails (see below).

Attachment 702037 (jpg)

Attachment 702038 (png)

While in this thread the users attachments are full size.

Liverpool F.C. The 5 Year Plan.

Any idea on how I can replicate what this user is able to do, which is post his images full size?
    My story

Upload the image, then move the mouse over the image and double click.

I personally alway pick "full size" but while cropping and editing the picture in Photoshop, I keep in mind that the width of the forum windows in roughly 900 pixles so I scale them to being a maximum of 750 pixel across to make them aesthetically appealing.

It's not very intuitive and took me a while to figure out but once you do, it's second nature to you.
    Feel free to PM me if you've other issues.
    Lee and Kaarto7 like this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    My story

Upload the image, then move the mouse over the image and double click.

I personally alway pick "full size" but while cropping and editing the picture in Photoshop, I keep in mind that the width of the forum windows in roughly 900 pixles so I scale them to being a maximum of 750 pixel across to make them aesthetically appealing.

It's not very intuitive and took me a while to figure out but once you do, it's second nature to you.
    Feel free to PM me if you've other issues.
    Thanks mate, great help

11. Could you please delete this account or show me how to do so myself.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Nik Aitken View Post
    Could you please delete this account or show me how to do so myself.
    Just don't log on to FM Base in a while! Why would you delete your account?
    Lee likes this.

13. Not sure if this is the right spot but... Just tried the link for premium membership but it tells me FM base has "no paid subscriptions to which I can subscribe". Is this because I am
    1. Too Late?
    2. Not a high enough level (think I am Back-up)?
    3. Based outside UK (Australia)?

Worst thing is I'm not even sure I want it but now that it has denied me I MUST have it! lol.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    1. Too Late?

15. Thanks Dunc, next time.
    Dunc likes this.

16. Where is the "FM 2015 Challenge Mode, Scenarios" Section?

17. Mods where you at? You not seen all the spam posts here: Football Manager 2015 Discussion

?

18. Quote Originally Posted by craiigman View Post
    Mods where you at? You not seen all the spam posts here: Football Manager 2015 Discussion

?
    We've been deleting them when we've been coming across them-I've already deleted some overnight and earlier this morning. We can't always be online all the time.

19. Hey, I guess this is the right place to put this. I can't seem ot post a thread in the manger stories section. I have one image (A badge) and no bad words or anything, yet it is stil telling me "Post denied"

Any reason why? I've tried it without the url and everything.

20. Quote Originally Posted by hullfan123 View Post
    Hey, I guess this is the right place to put this. I can't seem ot post a thread in the manger stories section. I have one image (A badge) and no bad words or anything, yet it is stil telling me "Post denied"

Any reason why? I've tried it without the url and everything.
    I believe there's a restriction on images being posted by accounts with only a couple of posts. I'm not entirely sure, but try hosting the image off-site (on Imgur, for example) and try reposting.

21. still getting the same problem I've now tried without the image and changed any words that may possibly be picked up by a bad language filter.

EDIT: It has worked, a bit of patience pays off xD
    GodCubed likes this.

22. Every time I try to create a spoiler it then creates 3 spoilers and I can't structure threads or use spoilers properly, is there a fix?

Thanks

seems to work ok

Try a different browser and let us know.

24. More a question then a request but how many ratings must a thread recieve before the star rating will appear alongside it?

Also i've only ever noticed positive ratings (3 stars or more) if enough people rate a thread as terrible will it appear as well?

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything of relevance.

25. In FM 15 technical section can we get a sticky to a link on how to verify files through steam etc.

26. right, having some problems with trolls on my thread, which i'd like resolved. Carlo Ancelotti 4-4-2 by Passion4FM this is my thread. posts involved #9, #13 and #14

27. not sure where to post this..

but mcafee keeps "warning forms are insecure on this site"

everytime i go to http://www.fm-base.co.uk/

it started few weeks ago

28. Was wondering if there was a way I could get a thread renamed?

Currently named 'All Aboard! - The Toon Rollercoaster' but I'd like it to be named 'All Aboard! - Life After Newcastle'

Is there a way I can get this carried out? I was told to post here.

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ercoaster.html
    Harris4Ips likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Werrett View Post
    Was wondering if there was a way I could get a thread renamed?

Currently named 'All Aboard! - The Toon Rollercoaster' but I'd like it to be named 'All Aboard! - Life After Newcastle'

Is there a way I can get this carried out? I was told to post here.

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ercoaster.html
    Could you or anybody else shed some light on how to rename a thread name please? :-)

30. Quote Originally Posted by Harris4Ips View Post
    Could you or anybody else shed some light on how to rename a thread name please? :-)
    Edit the title of your opening post and it should change.

31. Hey guys,
    Please can you change the thread name be changed to this:-
    bornexplorer88's Chairman Game 2015

"got messed up with the post title and thread title"

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ml#post2507760
    Last edited by bornexplorer88; 02/02/2015 at 05:31 AM.

32. Quote Originally Posted by bornexplorer88 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Please can you change the thread name be changed to this:-

"got messed up with the post title and thread title"

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ml#post2507760
    If you go into "edit post" then "go advanced" you should have the option to change it yourself i think

33. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    If you go into "edit post" then "go advanced" you should have the option to change it yourself i think
    Thankyou

34. Just a couple of things to ask, I have a thread called 'All Aboard! - Life After Newcastle' and was wondering if I could get it changed to 'All Aboard! - The Managerial Rollercoaster'

I did change the name of the initial post but it hasn't worked...Unless there's a time delay?

Regardless, here's a link to the thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...newcastle.html

I also have a couple of threads that can be closed as I no longer post on them, here are some links:

Crvena Zvezda - Building a Dynasty

The Lions, The Witch & The Wardrobe

Dafuge's Challenge - FM15

FM15 - The Road to Success

Many thanks in advance, if the threads cannot be removed then don't worry, it's not a huge ask!

- Werrett

35. Quote Originally Posted by Werrett View Post

Just a couple of things to ask, I have a thread called 'All Aboard! - Life After Newcastle' and was wondering if I could get it changed to 'All Aboard! - The Managerial Rollercoaster'

I did change the name of the initial post but it hasn't worked...Unless there's a time delay?

Regardless, here's a link to the thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...newcastle.html

I also have a couple of threads that can be closed as I no longer post on them, here are some links:

Crvena Zvezda - Building a Dynasty

The Lions, The Witch & The Wardrobe

Dafuge's Challenge - FM15

FM15 - The Road to Success

Many thanks in advance, if the threads cannot be removed then don't worry, it's not a huge ask!

- Werrett
    All done. Turns out I was using the wrong edit button initially. Cough.

36. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    All done. Turns out I was using the wrong edit button initially. Cough.
    God what a noob

Kappa
    Lee likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    God what a noob

Kappa
    Fight me wrinkly

38. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    Fight me wrinkly
    Pfft. I would if I didn't have an arthiritic knee. Turn 40 next week and good god do I feel it lol

39. Can you please delete this story:
    Kaiden Frost: the gunner-in-chief

40. Quote Originally Posted by thedarkconqueror View Post
    Can you please delete this story:
    Kaiden Frost: the gunner-in-chief
    Done and dusted

41. Thnks a lot

42. Can please a moderator take a look at this thread:
    BlitzKrieg 4-1-2-3

an user (cragswfc) starts it postin' a tactic, sayin' at the top that is not of his own, but without givin' any credit
    to the author (me) and to the community where he found it FMItaly.it (community that he belongs to).
    When I've discovered that, I asked him what he's doin' and why he didn't ask me the permission to share my tactic
    ... probably we could make the thread together without just copyin' and pastin' pictures from FMItaly.it and/or
    usin' Google translator for the presentation and the explanation of player attributes.
    So I asked him to close the thread and delete it because there's no mention to the author and to the source
    After that I've received a lot of insults from him and his friends (page 4 e 5) ... and only at the end he finally modify
    the first post with the right name of the author and the source of the tactic.

I belong to FM-Base since january 2012, I've always respected all the users and all the rules of the community
    and expect that the others do the same to me ... it was unaccetable that someone offend a guy that just is
    claming his rights ...

Thank you so match
    Black Magic

43. Hi there - i have recently started a new story - Return of the Entertainers. This was a mistake as i was not ready to go live. Can this please be deleted.

44. Please can all my threads that I have started in the past be deleted. Thank you.

45. Hi,

I was previously a Premium Member on the site and would like to become one again. I've done a bit of digging around website and found the thread Sean created to follow a link to become a member.

Problem is - when I did so the below error was thrown up;

Moderator Requests-fm-base-error.png

Again I'd like to stress I'd like to become a member, not sure if this is happening due to me being a member previously...

If anyone could help that would be great.

46. There is no premium membership scheme going forward to my knowledge. Curse have their own scheme and we are part of the curse group now so cannot run our own.

Anyone who signed up/paid to be a permanent premium member remains as one. But all temporary memberships ended with their expiry.

Sean, feel free to correct me if wrong

47. Didn't want to open new thread, so I'll post it here. Is anyone else having problem with FM Base? Often it opens half of the thread ( maybe first 5-6 posts) and then it simply cuts off the page. Then when I try to open some other threads it redirects me to curse network, saying connection timeout. However it shows only a tooltip when I hover over a tab, curse network page never really opens, just stays blank with that little circle spinning like its loading the page.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    There is no premium membership scheme going forward to my knowledge. Curse have their own scheme and we are part of the curse group now so cannot run our own.

Anyone who signed up/paid to be a permanent premium member remains as one. But all temporary memberships ended with their expiry.

Sean, feel free to correct me if wrong
    That's great - thank you for the information.

49. Please can you close my thread down.

Thanks guys

50. please could you remove the "rate this thread" feature form all threads on the tactic sharing sub forum as there are people with multiple accounts voting all threads except there own 1 star.
    Mr Langvatn likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO