Like Tree157Likes

Moderator Requests

  1. Can't log out on an android tablet.
    Anybody else have the issue?

  2. Leeds thread still seems to be broken

  3. Can't reply or post to my thread 4-2-3-1 Overachiever (LLM) getting the below message:

    'Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.'

    can something be done about it?

  4. View Profile: badgeroni - FM Base

    can we kill this bot already?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    View Profile: badgeroni - FM Base

    can we kill this bot already?
    I dont think that's a bot, just a legit account with self-promoting attitude issue

    I'm more concerned of unable to find any "report" button to report those spambots that keep posting on old threads..

    And I found that if I clicked on "reply with quote" button, in the immediate quick reply box seems my Spacebar suddenly locked and not working. However I can my spacebar worked at other text boxes or other application.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Zinedine Zaiddin View Post
    I dont think that's a bot, just a legit account with self-promoting attitude issue

    I'm more concerned of unable to find any "report" button to report those spambots that keep posting on old threads..

    And I found that if I clicked on "reply with quote" button, in the immediate quick reply box seems my Spacebar suddenly locked and not working. However I can my spacebar worked at other text boxes or other application.
    The report button an be found in the lower left corner of any post. Its a little triangle looking thing with an exclamation mark in the middle.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    The report button an be found in the lower left corner of any post. Its a little triangle looking thing with an exclamation mark in the middle.
    Does this for all form of forum display? E.g thru tapatalk / mobile version / desktop version

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Zinedine Zaiddin View Post
    Does this for all form of forum display? E.g thru tapatalk / mobile version / desktop version

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Unsure about tapatalk but mobile & desktop, definitely. At least in my case.

    Attachment 1098917

    This is what you are looking for in the red circle.

  9. sorry, messed that up & cant edit for some reason.

    Moderator Requests-untitled1.png

    That work?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    sorry, messed that up & cant edit for some reason.

    Attachment 1098918

    That work?
    Not yet tried. For some reason when I tried to open FM-Base thru desktop, it keep failed to log. Taking too long to load the website. The other links can be loaded without no issues though

    Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

  11. Can you move this thread to the share and download sub section.

    The Rise of Diego Simeone 4-4-2

  12. Hire some more mods. Even just for housekeeping threads to correct sections..
    Lippo255 and epic terrorist like this.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Hire some more mods. Even just for housekeeping threads to correct sections..
    I'd volunteer but not sure I'm impartial enough haha

  14. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    I'd volunteer but not sure I'm impartial enough haha
    Prob just me being a old grumpy git. pet peev.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Prob just me being a old grumpy git. pet peev.
    Nah I agree a couple more mods wouldn't go amiss said it for a while. Theres a fair few of us who are really active on the site for it to happen.
    wkdsoul likes this.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Nah I agree a couple more mods wouldn't go amiss said it for a while. Theres a fair few of us who are really active on the site for it to happen.
    Make Tyton a mod and let the blood flow.
    epic terrorist likes this.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    Nah I agree a couple more mods wouldn't go amiss said it for a while. Theres a fair few of us who are really active on the site for it to happen.
    I'd give it a go, on most week days 9-5ish and pretty impartial. Don't remember ever having an argument on here anyway haha

    There's very few active mods at all now (maybe some do mod but don't post but looking at most of them now they rarely log in)

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
    Make Tyton a mod and let the blood flow.
    Lets get #TytonForMod trending
    steveorobbo likes this.

  19. So here are some of the last mod log ins I've quickly checked

    cmh9090 30.10.16
    Jake 23.08.16
    Jack Fulham 5.2.17
    Redders not seen a post in years
    Redrup 15.03.16
    Raikan007 came back for like a day in January haha

    The site is spammed up right now and I only see Mike and a couple of other mods on to deal with it

    #TytonForMod

  20. Just put captcha on posts?
    Nobody's time is that precious that a 5 second captcha is going to ruin their day.

    If you are posting on a leisure forum, you are already wasting your day

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    So here are some of the last mod log ins I've quickly checked

    cmh9090 30.10.16
    Jake 23.08.16
    Jack Fulham 5.2.17
    Redders not seen a post in years
    Redrup 15.03.16
    Raikan007 came back for like a day in January haha

    The site is spammed up right now and I only see Mike and a couple of other mods on to deal with it

    #TytonForMod
    These spamming pieces of crap have been here before. And also on major gaming websites like Blizzard's. They're a pain in the rectum-not even Blizz can stop them. I'm on top of it though and trying to catch them when I can
    Average Joe likes this.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    These spamming pieces of crap have been here before. And also on major gaming websites like Blizzard's. They're a pain in the rectum-not even Blizz can stop them. I'm on top of it though and trying to catch them when I can
    Yes mate it's appreciated, I pretty much navigate the site from the 'Recent Threads' thing on the right of the homepage, ball ache when the spammers have gone mad!

    Keep it up

  23. Can we nominate mods? even a restricted mod just to move threads to the right sections or youtube/twitch promotion into one thread..

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Can we nominate mods? even a restricted mod just to move threads to the right sections or youtube/twitch promotion into one thread..
    I nominate myself. In all seriousness one or two mods are needed, considering most of the mods come and go. In all the years ive been on this site I think Mike, Iamauser and gramps have been the most consistent.
    wkdsoul likes this.

  25. I'd nominate WJ (FM) & Rocey (Graphics & D/l section)

  26. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    I'd nominate WJ (FM) & Rocey (Graphics & D/l section)
    You spelt Tyton wrong
    wkdsoul, dilakh2, Subtle and 2 others like this.

  27. I'll nominate anyone who doesn't support Liverpool, Man Utd/City or Chelsea. Gotta restrict those numbers.........

    Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 39
Size:  4.7 KB
    wkdsoul, Lippo255 and dilakh2 like this.

  28. Can we please introduce Captcha?
    This site is becoming unusable with the constant spam.


    Better to lock your doors and not let the burglar in, rather than leaving yourself wide open, then having to chase them around.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Can we please introduce Captcha?
    This site is becoming unusable with the constant spam.


    Better to lock your doors and not let the burglar in, rather than leaving yourself wide open, then having to chase them around.
    The majority of people doing this will have invested in a VPS and a some sort of botnet/program to do it for them. Those programs are not normally cheap and the people doing it will normally be doing it for SEO purposes and for other blackhat shenanigans, so will see it as a business. Almost everyone doing this will also be spinning content to a degree, whether it's for posts like this or for social media shit. Almost everyone who spins content will also have a Captcha solver like DeathbyCaptcha. It will sadly solve nothing, because it costs less than a penny per captcha.

    I could flood this place with messages and there's nothing any of the mods could do about it other than manually sweep them. There sadly isn't really a solution at the moment.

  30. Site could use a facelift as well.. start a donation page or something...

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
    There sadly isn't really a solution at the moment.
    I wouldn't give in so easy?
    What about the Honeypot Technique and a question and answer field?

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I wouldn't give in so easy?
    What about the Honeypot Technique and a question and answer field?
    Not giving in, more looking at it honestly and admitting you will likely always be playing catchup to some extent. Like gramps says, even massive companies like Blizzard struggle with it. It's essentially a reactive industry, so you're always trying to fix exploits as they come up. Just look at Blackhatworld in the first week after any major Google update and you'll see the insane and collaborative lengths people will go to in order to make their shit work. It's a very lucrative business.

    Lots of bots have contigencies for things like honeypots these days. Hell, even the image captchas that should defeat bots are starting to fail because most of them draw from open source images, which are then indexed, meaning that the bot can, if needed, run 9 quick reverse image searches on a 3x3 grid, scan the metadata for each, cross reference with the subject of the captcha and work it out. You'd be amazed at how quickly a bot can now pick 3 flowers out of 9 images.

    It's made even more problematic by absurdly cheap labour in the places that a lot of these blackhat boosters are operating out of. Build your botnet to put any difficult challenges to one side, and index them. Have them send those challenges every so often to a 3rd party "freelancer" (normally a kid in India) and have him solve them. Assuming you're spamming about 750 sites an hour, and maybe 1% of them have actually difficult captchas, you're looking at 7/8 difficult ones an hour. They'll take a human about 10 seconds to solve, meaning he can deal with 6 a minute, effectively allowing a single person to solve the issues of 45 bots. Assuming he is working an 8 hour shift, and your bots are spamming 24/7, you can run 15 bots off one kid. How the fuck do you fight that?
    Sean likes this.

  33. Nothing more I can add really that Subtle hasn't already mentioned.

    I've switch from using a reCAPTCHA to a question and answer (not possible to have both) which will hopefully stop them. But as soon as one cracks it then we will get hundreds of spam accounts through in minutes.

    There isn't too much I can do with the current software that we use as it's hella outdated and a nightmare to work with.

    I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the site from the ground up but that's not going to be ready for many months (hopefully before FM18 though).

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Nothing more I can add really that Subtle hasn't already mentioned.

    I've switch from using a reCAPTCHA to a question and answer (not possible to have both) which will hopefully stop them. But as soon as one cracks it then we will get hundreds of spam accounts through in minutes.

    There isn't too much I can do with the current software that we use as it's hella outdated and a nightmare to work with.

    I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the site from the ground up but that's not going to be ready for many months (hopefully before FM18 though).
    This is exciting
    Sean likes this.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Nothing more I can add really that Subtle hasn't already mentioned.

    I've switch from using a reCAPTCHA to a question and answer (not possible to have both) which will hopefully stop them. But as soon as one cracks it then we will get hundreds of spam accounts through in minutes.

    There isn't too much I can do with the current software that we use as it's hella outdated and a nightmare to work with.

    I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the site from the ground up but that's not going to be ready for many months (hopefully before FM18 though).
    Let me know if there is anything I can help you with
    Sean likes this.

  36. Anyone know why there's an issue with the spacebar on a number of threads? You can work around it by copying and pasting into the reply box, even just one word and then typing the rest in, but it's still something of an problem
    Subtle likes this.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLFC View Post
    Anyone know why there's an issue with the spacebar on a number of threads? You can work around it by copying and pasting into the reply box, even just one word and then typing the rest in, but it's still something of an problem
    OhgodIthoughtitwasjustme.
    iamauser and PatrickLFC like this.

  38. Good luck with the rebuild.
    Last edited by Anthony; 28/03/2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Sean likes this.

  39. Anyone get PM spam about Real Madrid?

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
    OhgodIthoughtitwasjustme.

    I get this too. If I hit the enter button on the first line, its fine. I dunno if its Browser related? I use Chrome.

  41. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    I get this too. If I hit the enter button on the first line, its fine. I dunno if its Browser related? I use Chrome.
    I'm also on Chrome. I just assumed it was some combination of extensions I had screwing things up.

  42. Could i get a username change?

  43. Last edited by wkdsoul; 11/05/2017 at 07:52 PM.



  44. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Just FYI, this is a bot I think Sean setup to make posts to the forum.
    wkdsoul likes this.

  45. Caner Doga Cansi
    Could I have my account deleted, please.

  46. Are username changes allowed, and if so how do we do it?

  47. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...aharaj-ji.html This needs deleting. Have reported it twice personally yet, after almost a week, its still there....

    Don't reply to spam, ok. Delete spam? Yes please.

  48. I didn't hear back so I'm bumping. Are username changes allowed? If so could you tell me how please. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO