Like Tree157Likes

Moderator Requests

1. Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I didn't hear back so I'm bumping. Are username changes allowed? If so could you tell me how please. Thanks.
    Don't think its possible. Know you cant do it yourself. A mod may be able to but i doubt they would open themselves up to every Tom, Dick and Harry who might decide they want a new name tomorrow. So, if i were you, I'd just get used to being Marco.....

2. Seems a few people cant reply to PMs? you get a "too many characters" error regardless of reply length

3. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Seems a few people cant reply to PMs? you get a "too many characters" error regardless of reply length

This is just a chrome issue for me.

4. I'm getting a lot of google chrome issues over a variety of websites lately. Had to switch to Firefox
    Tyton likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I'm getting a lot of google chrome issues over a variety of websites lately. Had to switch to Firefox
    I've started putting the tactic name and skin used in screenshots when i post them, hopefully this will cut down on my PM's
    tzahy likes this.

6. Can we get a seperate thread for people jsut touting Twitch/Youtube & Blogs

7. Hello

My former username was bujakaa
    Haven been here for several years now, and this morning my account seems to be deleted, with all my posts and threads. Why is that so?
    Can it be restored?

Thanks
    Lippo255 likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Hello

Haven been here for several years now, and this morning my account seems to be deleted, with all my posts and threads. Why is that so?
    Can it be restored?

Thanks
    Very strange. I remembered the username and did some snooping. Can find people quoting you but it gives an invalid link message when you click on the name. Not banned or anything, just gone....... Bizarre! Hopefully someone can give you some answers. Good luck.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Lippo255 View Post
    Very strange. I remembered the username and did some snooping. Can find people quoting you but it gives an invalid link message when you click on the name. Not banned or anything, just gone....... Bizarre! Hopefully someone can give you some answers. Good luck.

Very strange. Last thread i made where "FM18 news" on fm17 discussion page and "Leeds United thread" on English Football. All those gone, they had several pages of replays.
    Very sad if the account cant be restored, dont care so much about the posts and threads.
    Lippo255 likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Hello

Can it be restored?

Thanks
    I'm really sorry about this. I was clearing out some spam threads last Thursday morning, from the logs I can see that it was me that deleted your account and all of it's posts.

I can only assume there was a spambot type post by your account which I must have came across. Either that or I might have simply selected one of your posts/threads by mistake.

Unfortunately because of the way spambots are handled it means the user, posts & threads have been irreversibly deleted
    Lippo255 and Bujakaa92 like this.

11. How's the rebuild?

12. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    How's the rebuild?
    A long way off unfortunately. Hopefully get some time to work on it over the next few months and try to make some decent progress.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    A long way off unfortunately. Hopefully get some time to work on it over the next few months and try to make some decent progress.
    Nice, good luck

Site could use a facelift and some more mods

14. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Nice, good luck

Agreed Even the shortlinks on the bar are for FM16 still

15. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Not sure where else to post this.

I'm not able to upload any images into threads. I click the "insert image" icon, click "from computer" I select "choose file" then click "upload image" but nothing happens. What usually happens is that the image appears in the post but now when I click "upload image" it closes that window as if it had worked but there is nothing in the thread.

Wondering if 1) anyone else is having this problem, and 2) if it's an issue on this end or my end.

cheers in advance

16. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Nice, good luck

Crown me Mod ZZ - It would be the birth of a glorious new era on FM Base.
    PatrickLFC likes this.

17. I don't want to be a mod, but I could help with the functionality of the site. I know bits of C++, I look after the intranet at work regarding the service it runs, and the server it runs on along with updating parts of code and keeping it to a standard.

Most worryingly I quite enjoy it.

18. Even just a mod to move threads and keep housecleaning in tactics/general would be an improvement.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    Not sure where else to post this.

I'm not able to upload any images into threads. I click the "insert image" icon, click "from computer" I select "choose file" then click "upload image" but nothing happens. What usually happens is that the image appears in the post but now when I click "upload image" it closes that window as if it had worked but there is nothing in the thread.

Wondering if 1) anyone else is having this problem, and 2) if it's an issue on this end or my end.

cheers in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Even just a mod to move threads and keep housecleaning in tactics/general would be an improvement.
    I'll recommend Brendn for a mod as well, he seems to be as fed up with post in wrong places as me.... :p #mostlyrants

20. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    I'll recommend Brendn for a mod as well, he seems to be as fed up with post in wrong places as me.... :p #mostlyrants
    Gets my vote to. I don't care about posts in the wrong place as much, just spam

21. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Is the colour scheme to remain the same, i might make a fmbase themed skin.

22. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Is the colour scheme to remain the same, i might make a fmbase themed skin.
    Yep, no plans to change the colour scheme. Not too drastically anyway.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Yep, no plans to change the colour scheme. Not too drastically anyway.
    See how bored i get over winter then

24. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Hey! Congrats on becoming a mod mate. Well deserved.

Now fix everyones problems and get rid of the stuff nobody likes. Atta boy
    Sean, wkdsoul, ninjaskill and 1 others like this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    I see we have a new pleb amongst us

Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 2
Size:  2.3 KBName:  images (1).jpg
Size:  2.3 KB
    Name:  images (1).jpg
Size:  2.3 KBName:  download (2).jpg
Size:  2.7 KB
    Last edited by ajt09; 22/11/2017 at 06:28 PM.
    wkdsoul likes this.

26. That's odd-there should be a "Kappa" image in the above post to show a troll-y post but now it's gone.

Just done a test, and some images are uploading, and some aren't. Not sure why.
    Last edited by ajt09; 22/11/2017 at 06:35 PM.

27. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    That's odd-there should be a "Kappa" image in the above post to show a troll-y post but now it's gone
    Its ok, i wasnt hurt.... not even thought about all day or anything.... my therapist says you might not be good for me to talk too anymore :p

28. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Its ok, i wasnt hurt.... not even thought about all day or anything.... my therapist says you might not be good for me to talk too anymore :p

I just wonder if there's something to do with where the image was saved from, that's affecting it. Some rather odd shenanigans happening for me.

29. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    That's odd-there should be a "Kappa" image in the above post to show a troll-y post but now it's gone.

Just done a test, and some images are uploading, and some aren't. Not sure why.
    You probably forgot to upload it :3

30. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I just wonder if there's something to do with where the image was saved from, that's affecting it. Some rather odd shenanigans happening for me.
    It's a strange one indeed. Files I've uploaded many many times to the site (in stories) suddenly stopped uploading but I've figured out that I can get around the problem by opening the image in paint, and overwriting it with itself and then uploading again. Seems to fix the issue.
    ajt09 likes this.

31. WJ might be a decent shout for a mod of the tactics section as well..
    PatrickLFC likes this.

32. Has there been an update to the forum or the backend to which the attachments are saved?

33. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    WJ might be a decent shout for a mod of the tactics section as well..
    Yeah he comments a lot on tactics

I'd be happy to housekeep if you're still looking, pretty much have the site loaded up all day at work in the background anyway through the week!

34. Quote Originally Posted by Herowolf View Post
    Has there been an update to the forum or the backend to which the attachments are saved?
    I've been doing some work on attachment storage. Have you come across an issue?

35. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I've been doing some work on attachment storage. Have you come across an issue?
    A lot of threads no longer have their attachments visible.
    E.g. The FM-Base United FC - Where stories are born

36. Quote Originally Posted by Herowolf View Post
    A lot of threads no longer have their attachments visible.
    E.g. The FM-Base United FC - Where stories are born
    I think I've fixed the issue. If you come across any more let me know.
    Herowolf likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Nice one, what was the cause?

38. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Has this been sorted - I don't seem to be able to add attachments all of a sudden?

39. Quote Originally Posted by Edd1920 View Post
    Has this been sorted - I don't seem to be able to add attachments all of a sudden?
    Uploading of attachments shouldn't have been affected. Are you still having the issue?

40. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Uploading of attachments shouldn't have been affected. Are you still having the issue?
    Nope - looks like it's sorted now.
    Sean likes this.

41. Hello Moderators!
    There's a way to change my nickname or should I create another profile?

Thanks a lot!

42. Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I can upload attachments but hey just don't show up on the posts while writing them or if I post. Since you said it's been fixed I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do on my end? I tried uploading through computer, imgur, tabs with the actual image links, etc...

43. Hey, here's a suggestion! After reaching certain "status" suck as, I don't know, First team, star player or whatever, how about to get rid of that "wait 180sec" before you can post?

44. Hey. This 180 seconds wait time between posts is really annoying. I understand whats it for, but can't you at least allow us who has been here for years to avoid it?

45. G'Day, I'm trying to post a reply to my story but i am unable to upload any images. Ive tried using insert image and the attachments button but they do not show up in the post or when i preview them.

46. Hey, here's a suggestion! After reaching certain "status" suck as, I don't know, First team, star player or whatever, how about to get rid of that "wait 180sec" before you can post?

47. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Hey, here's a suggestion! After reaching certain "status" suck as, I don't know, First team, star player or whatever, how about to get rid of that "wait 180sec" before you can post?
    Prob not due to spam restrictions, and most users seems to only post once or twice a day. Might be doable on the new site, after the rebuild

48. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    whats up with everything being white?

What rebuild? Any help needed for testing etc?
    Last edited by Bujakaa92; 23/08/2018 at 11:09 AM.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    whats up with everything being white?

What rebuild? Any help needed for testing etc?
    Sean, has been rebuilding/cleaning up for awhile, might be the start of the roll out.. no idea all new to me too,
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

50. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Sean, has been rebuilding/cleaning up for awhile, might be the start of the roll out.. no idea all new to me too,
    Okey, let me know if any help needed I work as QA also for some time so can share my time here also.
    Anything to make the site better and more popular.
    Average Joe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO