SPL Champions 2010--18
      Scottish Cup Winners 2013--15, 2018

Cameroon 2012 - 2014
      African Cup of Nations Winners 2013

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Four Associations Winners 2017

4-1-1-2-2 8-in-a-row tactic soon.
    Celtic  Follows; TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Hércules, FK Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It's not a sig, it's not a wallpaper.. it's just a picture

What do you think? It's my first time making a picture

If it's your first image, then I don't think it's wise to start on a wallpaper size.

The effect on Casillas isn't exactly eye-pleasing, neither is the "Spains Numero Uno" text. The Casillas text itself is rather creative, bending it to copy the shape of the arm.

I do have to say that you should, in my opinion, stick to making smaller images first, then slowly increase your canvas size into a wallpaper, since wallpapers are a lot harder than smaller images.

Don't let this comment get to you though, as Coach Carter said, this is a good way to "learn from mistakes", if you will. Although I did my signatures/wallpapers on a different graphics site [which is now gone ] detailed comments will always make you a better designer

2. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Newcastle United, FC Barcelona www.unbelievable-jeff.com
    Another one, this time its Aguero

3. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      Scottish League Cup Winners 2010--18
      SPL Champions 2010--18
      Scottish Cup Winners 2013--15, 2018

Cameroon 2012 - 2014
      African Cup of Nations Winners 2013

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Four Associations Winners 2017

4-1-1-2-2 8-in-a-row tactic soon.
    Celtic  Follows; TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Hércules, FK Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Powerful Striker
    Smudging is better on this one Stu. The double-image does work on this one. Now, you should try to build on your effects, let some come over the body of Aguero, also, use gradient maps to inject more colour or even some lighting [black and white ones are perfect for more light]. Also, move the Sergio Aguero text closer to Aguero himself.

4. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taida View Post
    Smudging is better on this one Stu. The double-image does work on this one. Now, you should try to build on your effects, let some come over the body of Aguero, also, use gradient maps to inject more colour or even some lighting [black and white ones are perfect for more light]. Also, move the Sergio Aguero text closer to Aguero himself.
    Thanks, once you mess around, you find some effects and styles that work. You can only really learn so much from tutorials, its mostly about messing around with textures, fill effects etc.

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

another, I personally dont like it as its too dark, but the effects seem to combine nicely, to give a 'spotlight' on Ronaldo effect. I am starting to get more adventourous now aswell.

5. Danny's Avatar DannyPremium Member
    Liverpool FC I'm back..
    200 Renders - http://sportgfx.com/packs/solo-200-renders-pack-137238/ all cut by Solo, who is a Name:  ers.gif
Views: 440
Size:  351 Bytes on Sport-gfx, i'v downloaded them and they are ace.

6. Danny's Avatar DannyPremium Member
    Liverpool FC I'm back..

7. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Nice stuff danny, what you think of my Ronaldo sig attempt.

8. Danny's Avatar DannyPremium Member
    Liverpool FC I'm back..
    The background is a little boring, it's just one texture, then you have some sort of effect on Ronaldo and it makes the render look weired, and the text does not really fit in with the rest of it.

Try making the background more... Wow! and add some more textures, that also helps with the way the render blends with the background and the rest of the signature.

9. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    last one for the night - quaresma -

Portuguese colours on the arrows, and livened up with the flowery bits

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

I will look through those sites above tomorrow, see what I can use to liven them up. These are the first ones I have done, so I am pleased with them. Dont want too much happening in them, not yet

10. Danny's Avatar DannyPremium Member
    Liverpool FC I'm back..
    I'm doing nothing today, so i think I might mess around on PS and see what i can come up with. And.. I might not
    Last edited by Danny; 14/03/2010 at 10:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread