How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.

1. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Newcastle United, FC Barcelona www.unbelievable-jeff.com

How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.

For Football Manager players, it is a well-known fact that the only issue that stops the game from achieving complete realism, data wise, is the lack of the official German and Japanese national sides, due to their respective rights being held exclusively by other companies, meaning that the German team is filled with ‘greys’ (despite having real players available), and Japan is similar, along with no local players to choose from also (Japan-based players are not included in game anyway). However, there is a fix to this that people have found, and it is as simple as changing or deleting a file.

All you have to do is go to

WINDOWS

STEAM
    Program Files > Steam > Apps > Football Manager 2011 > data > db > 1100 > Inc > all

NON-STEAM
    Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > data > db > 1100 > Inc > all

MAC

Steam:
    Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1100\db\1100\Inc\all

Non Steam:
    Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1100\lnc\all

and delete all of the files in there. This should remove the blocks on the two teams, making them playable (Japan might not have enough players, depending on settings) and as a result more realistic. This changes will only happen in a new game, so get this done as early as possible!

Credit to Footy Fever Blog for saving me typing this out.
    Last edited by StuW; 26/01/2011 at 05:12 AM.

2. Yeah but m8 there are 3 different folders when there was only two on fm10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.-untitled.png  

3. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *JK* View Post
    Yeah but m8 there are 3 different folders when there was only two on fm10

Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post

delete all of the files in there.

4. what does the second folder do?

5. Shouldn't this go in the FM11 technical help sub forum Stu?

6. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *JK* View Post
    what does the second folder do?
    Dont know, just delete what is in the 'all' file.

7. How about a Steam user on a Mac? Because the folder "SteamApps" doesn't exist at all. I've had this problem that I haven't been able to fix with FM2010 either. There is no folder that contains game data at all, just the folder that is created that you can use to edit or add faces/kits/etc.

I haven't seen this concern addressed at all, really.

8. Thanks just done this

9. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Versaty1e View Post
    How about a Steam user on a Mac? Because the folder "SteamApps" doesn't exist at all. I've had this problem that I haven't been able to fix with FM2010 either. There is no folder that contains game data at all, just the folder that is created that you can use to edit or add faces/kits/etc.

I haven't seen this concern addressed at all, really.
    I am not sure, if anyone has a MAC and can find it, I will put it up.

10. Quote Originally Posted by StuW View Post
    I am not sure, if anyone has a MAC and can find it, I will put it up.
    I'm doing some research now with FM2010. Surfing the Mac forums to see any support on Steam game data files and how to edit. Will post any fixes I come across.

+ Reply to Thread