XML issues, failed to set up graphics and crash dumps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. XML issues, failed to set up graphics and crash dumps

Originally posted by Neil Brock on the SI Forums

For XML Issues and crash dumps, please delete your settings folder as described below:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:
    My Computer
    'Tools'
    'Folder Options'.
    The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    My Computer
    'Organize'
    'Folder and Search Options'.
    The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
    3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
    4. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

ERROR: Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system, to fix this issue, please do the following:

Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...2-438a3ba730ba

Use the following settings in Direct-x Control Panel.

Run the following tool:

Start->Direct-X SDK->Direct-X Utilities->Direct-X Caps Viewer

Ensure the Direct-X properties appear as the dialog below. Especially important to ensure the Enumerate Reference Rasterizer is checked.

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer.

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

Also make sure your Graphics Card drivers are updated to their latest versions:

What drivers you need and where to download them from depends on your graphics drivers.

Some Computer manufacturers insist you download drivers from their own sites. Please refer to the website of your computer manufacturer before reporting issues with graphics drivers.

To verify your PCs graphics card chipset:

For XP

From the Windows desktop:
    - Click Start
    - Click Run
    - Type DIAG in the Open field (thats dxdiag in capitals, i cant get rid of the smiley)
    - Click OK

For Vista/Win 7
    - Click Start
    - In the search programs and files box, type DIAG (dxdiag in capitals)
    - Press Enter

This will launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on the Display and Sound tabs. The upper left box headed ‘Devices’ shows the make and model of card; the right box headed ‘Drivers’ shows the driver version number.

Here are the websites of the largest graphics cards and chipset manufacturers:

Nvidia (Gforce/Legacy)
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

ATI (Radeon)
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Intel (Onboard Chipsets)
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

There are other manufacturers of graphics card drivers. If you can not find drivers for these cards they may have been discontinued. Please ask in this case as we may still be able to help.

Driver download locations

• ATI Drivers
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

• Intel Drivers
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-020683.htm (IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family)

• nVidia Drivers
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• SiS Drivers
    http://www.sis.com/download/agreemen...url=/download/

If your driver does not appear on this list please contact us here - http://community.sigames.com/sendmessage.php

The above suggested hasn't worked, is there anything else I can try?

If this fails to work some people have reported using SwiftShader has helped them in this situation.

The demo version of SwiftShader (which is the full version but for home use only) can be downloaded from here - http://www.transgaming.com/business/swiftshader/signup

SwiftShader is a high performance software 3D renderer that can be used in place of standard Direct3D implementations.

To test it with your application download the demo, unzip the file and move the provided D3D8 or D3D9 DLL file into the same folder as the fm.exe

If you try one and it does not work (you get a windows error message for example), try the other.

Then just run the game as normal - although bear in mind the swiftshader logo will appear in the bottom left hand corner of the game.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jake; 07/11/2010 at 05:55 AM.

2. If you get this message

"not well-formed invalid token at line 1 floating_league_table_state_changed xml"

Try this:

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

3. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Where can I find the FM10 XML Parsin error solution ?

I'm lost without the live search bar

4. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Thanks Jake

5. I tried deleting the folder because of crash dumps but i still get the crash dumps and the folder just reappears, i get the crash dumps when i get to a certain news item can anyone help?

6. Quote Originally Posted by NUFCBOYKIRTLEY View Post
    I tried deleting the folder because of crash dumps but i still get the crash dumps and the folder just reappears, i get the crash dumps when i get to a certain news item can anyone help?
    Its the same for me

7. iv had the same problem and found out its the graphic card,so if you have a laptop like me then theres only one thing you can do watch it in commentry only,hope this helps

8. I have an "The saved game could not be loaded" error...
    i tried deleting C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings and restarting but it's still the same...

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

my first save is currepted, the second one it says it is out of memory and the third just get stucked... what do i do?

9. Its the same XML error.....its really killin me.......it was my favorite manager game but it has become really disgusting......can anyone give an exact solution???........any software downloading help??..........

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ayman Shouki View Post
    Its the same XML error.....its really killin me.......it was my favorite manager game but it has become really disgusting......can anyone give an exact solution???........any software downloading help??..........
    There is no exact solution as every crash dump is caused by a different problem, often the problem is nothing to do with FM.

All i can say is, i use graphics that can be trusted, ie the logo and face megapacks, almost always i use a default skin, i NEVER use FMRTE and rarely use the editor.

I keep my frankly poor laptop up to date, and i regularly defragment.

Shock horror i haven't had a crash dump since the memory leak issues of FM10 before patch 10.1

Most people who have a crash dump should probably look at themselves/their actions/their systems condition before blaming the game.

11. Hi there, new to this site and I've a couple of questions I need help with - I'm no techie so bear with me. I'm an old CM player - the really old ones, when Maradona was still on it as a player - and the latest version of the (what turned into FM) I tried was the 2005 version. I've decided to give the latest version a whiz and so I've downloaded the demo.

Anyway, I have it downloaded but when I click the icon to start it up, up pops a box that says "cannot run game: failed to setup graphics system". I've since checked the system requirements (trust me to do that after I've downloaded it) of the game and it appears that my "graphics card" won't support the game. I've checked both the device manager and done the DIAG thing, and by "display" it says, "chip type: NVIDIA GeForce Mx 420", "DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC", and "approx memory 64.MB". Firstly, is that (the chipset) also the graphics card (and video card?)? If so, is it definitely the reason why the game won't run? Finally, if that is the reason, what can I do to put it right? (if it needs a new one, how do I do install it, what's the cost etc..)

It seems that's the only thing preventing it from running, although I would annoyed if I bought a new chipset/graphics card/video card only to find something else prevented it from running. Maybe then I should put up the computer spec. According to "My computer", that would be the following: Dell & XP, Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53 GHz. Memory: 512 MB Ram. Direct X version 9.0c. (I have no idea how to find if my DVD drive is 4x speed - I presume it is). I also have a keyboard, a mouse, and a pair of speakers.

So, to sum up:

1) Is my NVIDIA GeForce MX 420 graphics card/chipset/video card (delete as appropriate) 100% not good enough to support the game.

2) If so, what can I do to rectify the problem - how much will that cost?

3) If my graphics card/chipset/video card won't support the game, is there anything else that on the face of it you think might also prevent it from running?

Any other comments relevant to my quest to get the game up and running would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

12. Also looking for hep Is it possible that too much graphics (facepacks,logos,skins etc.) could cause crash dump error? And I set save game interval on every day,can it be a problem? I am asking this because I get crash dump error quite a lot,so if anyone can help please ?

13. Quote Originally Posted by radoica View Post
    Also looking for hep Is it possible that too much graphics (facepacks,logos,skins etc.) could cause crash dump error? And I set save game interval on every day,can it be a problem? I am asking this because I get crash dump error quite a lot,so if anyone can help please ?
    This may be of interest to you.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f115/...os-t51057.html

14. Hi, I installed FM11 there but there's no Football Manager 2011 folder in my documents, just for the graphics and stuff. Thanks in advance

15. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      Scottish League Cup Winners 2010--18
      SPL Champions 2010--18
      Scottish Cup Winners 2013--15, 2018

Cameroon 2012 - 2014
      African Cup of Nations Winners 2013

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Four Associations Winners 2017

4-1-1-2-2 8-in-a-row tactic soon.
    Powerful Striker
    My desktop was getting the graphics problem. I tried looking for the directx control panel but no avail, then this thread reminded me about swiftshader and now it is fixed.

16. Please Help

Hi guys,

My brother in law got football manager, the previous ones 09 and 10 worked fine on his laptop. Football manager 2011 however is showing an error message when clicking into the game "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system"

I have download the new version of DirectX to no avail. I'm completly at a loss at this stage. Any help would be grately appreciated.

The laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amila L7310W.

From the DirectX diagnostic tool
    Device

Name: VIA/S3G Unicrome Pro IGP
    Manufacturer: VIA/S3G
    Chip Type: VIA/S3G Unicrome Pro IGP
    DAC type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 64 MB
    Current Display mode: 1280 by 800 (32 bit) 60 HZ
    Monitor: Plug and Play

Drivers
    Main Driver: vtdisp.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.0249
    WHQL logo'd: n/a
    Mini VDD: vtmini.sys
    VDD: n/a
    DDI: 9 or higher

Really any help would be great I had to give him my laptop until I can sort out his!!!

17. hey im getting the xml errors too right so i tot i would be wise and try to uninstall the prog and reisntall it. however, i tried to use the inbuilt uninstaller, it ran through, but the files still remained in my com. after dat no matter how many times i run the uninstaller deres always an error.

not only dat, when i try to use the com's program uninstaller, fm11 dosent appear anymore (it used to). soooo wad do i do now cus i tried all the other tips in the first post le but it seems dat cus ive apparently tried to uninstall the game, some files are oredi missing? like i cant find the appdata folder!

please help thanks!

18. talking about (crash dump) i tried what you said but it's still the same. i tried error-checking my drive also defregamte the drive and re-installing the game still all the same. My game consists of a database i made from sweden, i didnt do anything in particular just added 2 division with a cup and raised alittle finance to AIK. Altough funny part is that it keeps crash dump on 24th April 2011 (game date) and i tried a new game and went on holiday and funny thing it crashdumped again on 24th april 2011, any help?

19. TheMjt's Avatar TheMjtPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Thanks Jake, got worried earlier when my FM wouldn't start becuase of an xml parsing error.

Thanks

20. My laptop overheated and shut down during my current FM11 game. When I restarted my machine and launched FM through Steam I received the following message:

not well formed invalid token at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

I deleted the settings folder and the message disappeared, but so has the one saved game I was running! Does anyone know how I can save it? Is it lost forever???

Thanks

21. Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Danny View Post
    I've got FM 11 on Steam.

Whenever i create a new game, Afer the first match I get a crash dump as It's loading to go back to the main screen.
    I can go on holiday, But If i play a game I get a crash dump.

Tried everything posted on here and other sites..

So basically, I've got FM 11 and I can't play it.

Anyone else have this problem? And If you know how to fix it that'd be helpful...
    This is the exact problem I have, just started my new career and after my first competitive match, I get the crash dump. I also use Steam, dunno what to do..?

22. Same here, the odd thing is that ive been playing since release day, and this started ony last few weeks. tried the above fix options however still play a game and while loading page crash dumps, as LFCDANNY i can go on hoiday but cant play after a game.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

strange that this crash dump type is happening to LFC supporters (people playing with LFC)

23. i have this error at 2011
    "not well-formed invalid token at line 1 floating_league_table_state_changed xml"
    can anyone help??????

24. It's something to do with the graphics card.
    I've downloaded it to a laptop and It works.
    But on the PC there was something wrong with my graphics card.

Hope this helps.

25. This thing works magic, for like 4 days i kept getting 'Football Manager Stopped Working'. I download this and bam it works

26. I've just got the game today, installed it went fine, tried to start a new game and my laptop turns off bloody charger!!, i then put it back on, try to load up fm and i get Invalid Token XML Parsing Error i press okay then i get like 20 more whilst loading up then when i go off then try to go back on fm i get 'this application has failed to start because saAudit2005MT.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem' and i did re-install but got the same errors what can i do?

27. Crash Dump

1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

Sure, And how should I do that when some other file which I canNOT find is blokking this????
    Last edited by juliusvf; 19/01/2011 at 02:58 AM.

28. Hi, I tried installing the game without steam and got the graphics system error but when I installed it on steam it was fine. Problem is it has updated itself to the 11.2 patch which I hear has errors on it creating crash dumps. How do I get rid of the 11.2 patch and just use the default data?

29. I have a folder crash dumps, with one file in it. But dont have any problem i think. I can play my Spurs game. Weird isnt it?

30. is it strange that my FM 11 folder in "Roaming" folder is over 300 mb ?

31. Hi there hoping you can help me!

I followed the instructions to the letter to try and load up the game since I've only ever recieved the "Cannot run game - Failed to setup graphics system"

It appears my graphics card is discontinued so posting to see if you can indeed help (I hope so!!)

Here's my details :

Device

Name : Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    Manufacturer : Intel Corporation
    Chip Type : Intel (R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    DAC Type : Internal
    Approw. Total Memory : 96.0MB
    Current Display Mode : 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor : Dell E173FP

Drivers

Main Driver : iamrnt5.dll
    Version : 6.14.0010.4396(English)
    Date : 20/09/2005 09:52:38
    WHQL Logo'd : Yes
    Mini VDD : ialmnt5.sys
    VDD : n/a
    DDI Version : 9 (or higher)

Hope that is everything you need!

Thanks in advance!

32. Thank you thank you thank you! you saved my saved games

33. Quote Originally Posted by tommystabby View Post
    My laptop overheated and shut down during my current FM11 game. When I restarted my machine and launched FM through Steam I received the following message:

not well formed invalid token at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

I deleted the settings folder and the message disappeared, but so has the one saved game I was running! Does anyone know how I can save it? Is it lost forever???

Thanks

Same thing happened to me. Gutted.

If the files can be opened and edited then why couldn't it be saved?
    I get an error that says "XML parsing error" "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last-saved_game.xml"

With all of these programming gurus on here I'm hoping to find out it's possible to open the file and edit it, maybe open an uncorrupted one and mimic the missing or corrupted data?

Long shot, but I think I'm done with FM 11 for awhile if it's not recoverable, don't have the energy to re-create my season.

Going to buy a Mac too, that was the last straw in my patience for the ghetto world of microsoft and pc's.

Any advice will be very, very much appreciated!!

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monfils View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you! you saved my saved games
    How? Who? What?

Do share.

34. Cheers Jake for posting that. Followed it down to the "t" and seems to have fixed my XML issue. Have had "crash Dumps" happen to me for 3 seasons now. Usually I could play two games, save and restart the game as during the third game at some point it would crash. Was content with doing this, even though was a pain in the ass, until today had an XML error before a game. Basically wouldn't let me continue. After I deleted the FM11 folder listed in the instructional XML issue was no more and still had my save game still don't know about "crash dumps" but will get back on that. Also I deleted all additional graphic content except the FM 2011 logos the .fmf file.

Thanks Again

35. Alrite guys, my xml error occurs when I first double click on the fm11 shortcut. It says something about line one database...

Any ideas.

36. I downloaded using Steam, I'm getting the XML last saved game error, can't load any games. I tried doing what was suggested, but even when I made absolutely sure I had hidden folders shown, no settings folder to be seen. I can't have been looking in the wrong place, and even if I was I searched the entire My Documents for a folder called Settings, and nothing.

37. I take it people who run the game on Apple computers don't have these problems?

38. In football manager 2011, when i go to player training it show me array out of bount. What should i do?

39. Right i followed the instructions for how to fix XML parsing error as one of my saves wouldnt load. I deleted the file etc and i started up FM again and i have now lost all of my saves, no previous saved games!!

40. I've been getting the "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last-saved_game.xml" error as well. Went in and deleted cache and settings folders. Didn't work. De-fragged hard drive, ran anti-virus, nothing works. I've noticed that in my Documents folder, it's been creating a new folder for Sports Interactive each time I start the game (so I always have 2), keep deleting the empty one to no avail. Could the extra folder have something to do with it? Didn't have problems until the new patch.

41. Memory

I play in a notebook and so far everything is running. Now, however, this error write off and then quit, what can I do?

http://kephost.hu/image-2343_4D80CA6E.jpg

42. for me it comes up

xml parsing error
    no element found at line 47 of profile0.xmlcr

then fm11 opens but the screen resolution screws up

43. Tried re-installing?

44. sorry im a bit of a noob how do you re-install and do you lose your saved games

45. Back your save games up to another part of your hard drive or even to usb.

Find them in my documents>sports interactive>fm2011>games

It may be worth trying a full manual uninstall. I posted how to do that here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f115/...st1081234.html

46. will try and have saved my games and editors to my desktop

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

its uninstalled but now it wont install it opens autoplay but nothing happens after i press run autorun.exe nothing happens

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

its all good found it

47. Has it fixed your problem?

48. ffs same problem can anyone help

49. I presume you have tried the things in the OP of this thread?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f115/...ost763949.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO