Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By andrew.murphy1

d3dx9_41.dll and Fatal Application Error

1. d3dx9_41.dll and Fatal Application Error

I played fm 2011 once when I installed it but then it wouldnt work so I tried uninstalling it. When I try uninstalling it, it says 'Fatal Application Error Incovationn of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now end (LAX)' but when I try played football manager it says 'd3dx9_41.dll is missing' and tells you to try and reinstall the game. This isnt working!! someone pelase help!

2. Sounds like a virus or registry problem to me.

3. oneunited's Avatar oneunited
    manchester united , have a soft spot for spurs Modern Day Legend
    i think its a registry problem

4. Update DirectX. If it still doesn't work, manually download the .ddl file and place it in C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Last edited by Tharros; 04/01/2011 at 07:44 PM.

5. Try to download d3dx9_41.dll this is where i got the file from and solved the issue:
    d3dx9_42.dll 9.27.952.3001 - Download and restore missing or deleted .DLL files at DLLCentral.com
    and also this is a great source as well:
    d3dx9_42.dll Missing - d3dx9.net | d3dx9.dll

6. Quote Originally Posted by JamesDStorey View Post
    Try to download d3dx9_41.dll this is where i got the file from and solved the issue: d3dx9_42.dll 9.27.952.3001 - Download and restore missing or deleted .DLL files at DLLCentral.com and also this is a great source as well: d3dx9_42.dll Missing - d3dx9.net | d3dx9.dll
    Thanksss

7. FIX

Locate your FM folder:

C:\Program Files\Sega\Football Manager 2012

Open the folder named 'directx'

Scroll down to a file called 'DXSETUP' and double click it to install directx
    hsahebdin and Taylzz like this.

8. top stuff...works a dream

+ Reply to Thread