Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBetterHalf

Arsenal Tactic

1. Arsenal Tactic

Funny I see 2 arsenal threads before me, anyways, I've got a pretty changed up squad so I guess I'll ask.

Here are the men I bought on the first transfer window. Fellaini is joining me on January 1

Arsenal Tactic-arsenal_-transfers-history.png

I've been trying to play these tactics as my own

Arsenal Tactic-arsenal_-tactics-overview-2.pngArsenal Tactic-arsenal_-tactics-overview-3.png

As for my tactic making skills, theyre close to none, I've been using premade tactics since I started playing last year, FM12.

Any suggestions on how to better use my players? Also, I'm buying into the being a more active manager in this year's game. Im open to changing/tweaking things mid-game to get results. I just need guidance on the right path lol.

2. Why not start with the most simple Of tactics, à 442 or à 441. Use à Balanced Counter, Standard and an Attack.
    Keep the team settings on default and use shouts.

- exploit flanks

Or retain possession

Or get ball forward

.. And then watch the game closely. What happends if you use Counter and get ball forward against à team sitting deep, or against a team pushing up. What happends if you play Attack and retain against the same . Etc etc

3. How do you normally break a team with 2 defensive midfielders?

4. Quote Originally Posted by jonts09 View Post
    How do you normally break a team with 2 defensive midfielders?
    I usually try to Overload and exploit the flanks, at the same time having one FC dropping deep(like à TQ) and one Stretching the defence( advanced FC) and one MC pushing up to create movement in the middle. I would use Wide Midfielders and Wingbacks rather than wingers and fullbacks as t-balls are preferred over crosses here.
    jonts09 likes this.

5. gonna try out the 4411 have Giroud and Isco man the front, Gotze and Walcott/Ox the wide midfields, Wilshere and Arteta/Carzola the CMs. Then just adjust when Fellaini joins in January. Trying out Overload and exploit wings now. Will give you feedback

6. played two games now, 4411, lost twice, 2-1 with a Laurent Koscielny own goal on both games lol

games were against Sunderland and Reading. Next game will be against Man Utd
    Last edited by jonts09; 30/11/2012 at 08:23 AM.

7. Got totally beat by Man Utd. I've been tweaking my tactics little by little.
    Im just really having a hard time against teams with a 4231 formation like what Man Utd had.

Any tips for that?

8. You missunderstood me. Dont use the Strategy Overload. I meant use the shouts " play wider, exploit flanks, use overlaps , all within the Strategy you are using.

9. I've been pretty much struggling against very defensive counter-attacking teams like Stoke. Any tips how to break them down?

Arsenal Tactic-arsenal-v-stoke_-field-full.png

+ Reply to Thread