Tactics for Slow Paced Striker

1. Tactics for Slow Paced Striker

Let's start with a post on how to utilise a striker that generally slow. I think we all agree that it's easier to manage a club that has a speed trait striker.

Personally, I love to have player like Carroll or Crouch or Ronaldinho or Owen or Del Piero or even Heskey to start banging goals on regular basis. But because of their pace, and of course our game play, it's really difficult to have them scoring.

So, I'd like to ask for your opinion on how to use them, on what formation best for these forwards.

2. TM & Old fashioned Winger tactic by Raikan007 - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

the STL is the old fashioned TM to which you are referring to mate the poacher is the other... together with quick wingers and good mids this tactic works really well

it won the league on the tactic testing competition last year in one of the first rounds and has worked well for me in the past

3. Thanks Raikan.

Meaning to say, formation like that requires 2 strikers upfront right? One Target Man(att) and Poacher? Like, Owen or Ronaldinho, these players are not able to play TM. Pace slow and tough when face good defenders.

4. Quote Originally Posted by edwinisdenim View Post
    Thanks Raikan.

Meaning to say, formation like that requires 2 strikers upfront right? One Target Man(att) and Poacher? Like, Owen or Ronaldinho, these players are not able to play TM. Pace slow and tough when face good defenders.
    yes this is a 442 mate One TM type Crouch/Jones/Carrol striker and one Owen/Lavezzi/Pato type striker..

Ronaldinho is not really a striker.. he is more of an AMC or AM.. pushing a retrained Treq striker...

+ Reply to Thread