NashBigginss

Reaction score
All Aboard the Concord
View attachment 32824

This FM save is simple, trying to take Concord Rangers from the Vanarama South to the Champions League. I will be placing zero restrictions on myself however if I get sacked, the save will end so lets hope I make it past the first season at least! Lets have a look at our home for the next (fingers crossed) considerable amount of years to come:
View attachment 32821
No words needed for our very own 'theatre of dreams'.

View attachment 32822The tag line at the top stating; 'Concord are enjoying perhaps the best era in the clubs history' is a little heart breaking, considering we only have 2 English Essex Senior Leagues to show for our 51 years as a club. Also disappointed to see no fierce rivals however we do have a Canvey Island as a local rival although they are not in our league unfortunately. With a semi-professional status and horrendous youth and training facilities, this could be harder than I thought.

Lincoln City's, Cowley brothers, once managed Concord Rangers before progressing onto Braintree Town and Lincoln City. Sammy Moore is currently their new manager, having previously played for Leyton Orient and managing Leatherhead, however, their is a new man in town, these are my current managerial stats:
View attachment 32823

Meet the squad
View attachment 32744
As you see we have a very little squad! We definitely need quite a few additions to the squad, most notably a left midfielder as I think I will be playing a 4-4-2 formation. Jack Midson may also be departing as he is player/assistant manager and his stats are average at best. We have a few notable players in the squad. Sam Beasant in goal, son of Dave, has been around this league for numerous years with Chelmsford. Jack Parkinson with Welling. Tyrone Sterling and Frazer Shaw both are fantastic options at left back, likewise with Sean Clohessy at right back after a year with Leatherhead. Danny Green and Alex Wall have both played for Luton Town and have quality but most importantly, Billy Knott...
View attachment 32743
What a player for this league! Has had his difficulties of late but a player who should be playing in the football league like he has been for the past few seasons with Gillingham and Bradford. Outstanding stats throughout all areas and will definitely be our MVP. On a big contract £800 per week, I will look to try and reduce that this season and do everything in my power to try and sign him on for at least another season!

I’ll be watching this closely. As of last night I am also managing Concord except I started unemployed and took over them in November. From memory they are 20th and the board still want me to finish in playoffs.

Ive got to get the finances under control to start off with. Good luck.

I’ll be watching this closely. As of last night I am also managing Concord except I started unemployed and took over them in November. From memory they are 20th and the board still want me to finish in playoffs.

Ive got to get the finances under control to start off with. Good luck.

Yeah thanks mate! Did you keep Midson on as assistant manager? ATM Im keeping him on as we have no strikers but his AM stats are terrible.
Also I will be posting a finances post shortly! Shambles!

Finances
View attachment 32410As you see, the finances are currently in the positive with nearly 40 grand in the bank. For this league, I thought that was a brilliant starting point, however...
View attachment 32409

The projection is absolutely worrying! By the end of the current season we will be in nearly £350,000 debt which will be more than doubled the next season and over the £1million mark the following season! I will need to start cutting costs somehow.
View attachment 32408Whilst we are in the positive for at least a few weeks, I thought the least I could do is spend £600 to progress my coaching skills!

Pre-season & Transfers

View attachment 32334

We kicked off preseason against a good Hibernian side so on the whole I was quite pleased with a decent performance. We also lost to League 2 Cambridge, narrowly 3-2 however twice threw our lead away. We had a credible draw against Dover with another Clohessy penalty. We managed 3 wins in pre season all against low quality sides but keeping a clean sheet in all 3 was massively positive!
View attachment 32332Although there are a lot of names under incomings. I have only signed 5 currently with the rest coming prior to my appointment in June. With no out goings and a very small squad still, I will be looking throughout the month and season for more signings to strengthen the first team and squad, but lets meet the signings...
View attachment 32331
Carlos Edwards - Being an Ipswich fan, I know all about Edwards' strengths. His technical and mental stats are superb for this league and will lead by example! At 39 years old he also has decent physical stats but I can see those fading massively throughout the season. He can also play 3 different positions down the right so is versatile and useful to have as part of the squad.
View attachment 32330
Jordan Adekunle - a left midfielder with ridiculously good physicals! With acceleration and pace of 17 and 16, I am hoping for him to tear up full backs in the Vanarama South this year. Hopefully we can improve his crossing throughout the season.
View attachment 32329
Callum Ellesley - A centre back who has been recently released by Norwich City. 10's across the board for marking, positioning, heading and tackling. At 6 foot 1 with good physicals and only 19, I think Ellesley will be a key signing for a few years to come hopefully.

I have also signed 2, 16 year olds who join the club following the English trial teams. They will rarely feature this season but with decent stats and being so young, they could feature in the future.

Last edited:
Interested to see how your concord career is going. I managed to get promoted from VNS but really struggling to bring in good players

August

We start the month with gutting news..
View attachment 31628
Carlos Edwards has been ruled out for 5-6 months with torn knee ligaments. I may now need to start looking for cover again at right midfield and right back. I also fear that at 39, this long term injury, may cause Edwards' attributes to decline a ridiculous amount without being able to then incline again. Thankfully he is also our U18 assistant manager so the £180 a week we are paying him isn't completely pointless.

We do make a loan signing however...
View attachment 31624
Noel Mbo - 6ft 7in Noel Mbo arrives on a season long loan from Gillingham. He is to push Midson/Wall for a starting place and will most likely be a target man looking at his stats and size. At 19 years old, hopefully he can improve during his time here.
View attachment 31621
Gloucester - We were losing at half time but we switched it up to a 4-2-4 formation and it proves to change the game as we end up winning!
Billericay - We adopt a cautious 4-4-2 approach and end up keeping a clean sheet and pinching a win out of title favourites Billericay away from home!
Dulwich Hamlet - We were 3-1 up with 10 mins ago but completely bottled it as we throw away the lead to lose.
Dartford - A well deserved decent point against a good side with Adekunle scoring his first goal for the club.
Hungerford - Back to winning ways with a spectacular free kick by Danny Green and another goal for Jack Midson in a good goalscoring month for him.
Wealdstone - A defeat which wasn't warranted based on our performance, we at least deserved a point but we go home empty handed.
Welling - A game we didn't dominate in the slightest but managed to bag 4 goals including a hat trick by Noel Mbo, his firsts for the club.

View attachment 31619
Billericay are top of the table with a near perfect record if it wasn't for us! We sit in 7th 5 points off of them. As you see we have played either the top boys or bottom boys so hopefully more consistency when we play the teams inbetween those mentioned.

So my laptop has crashed and my save wont load up again, brilliant!! I will be starting a new save exactly the same as this one however maybe with a different team which i willl look to start today