emitula

Reaction score
I would like FM 2013 to reflect what happens in real life and that you dont have to win 3 Serie A league titles with Sampdoria (example) in order to get to Juventus or Milan.
Maybe have some kind of slider or something to adjust this, but if you win your league with a small team and there is a vacancy on a big team, there is a very good chance that you will get serious consideration from big teams if there is an opening.
In FM 2012, they will laugh at you if you tried to land a job at a big club after winning the league with a small team.

That's because most managers who do this generally fluke it, and rarely defend the title afterwards.
For example, take Montpellier who won the French Ligue 1 last season, and yet so far this season they only have 1 point from 2 games, and are dwindling in 14th. Although they could turn this around, it's very doubtful that they will, and so last year will undoubtedly go down as a fluke.

A big club has players with massive egos, and you generally need a very well respected and experienced manager to manage those names, and keep the overall stability of the dressing room going. If you put the Montpellier manager in place of Ferguson, you could almost guarantee that a lot of the big players will either cause disruption or walk out; look at AVB's reign at Chelsea when he came in after one good season.

See Allegri in Milan, Rodgers at Liverpool and such.
At the very least, if you win a league with a small team, you should almost have guaranteed a seat on a second tier team (say Spurs, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Atletico Madrid, Valencia, etc).

That's because most managers who do this generally fluke it, and rarely defend the title afterwards.
For example, take Montpellier who won the French Ligue 1 last season, and yet so far this season they only have 1 point from 2 games, and are dwindling in 14th. Although they could turn this around, it's very doubtful that they will, and so last year will undoubtedly go down as a fluke.

I'm sorry but Montpellier is a terrible example. How can you say a team is dwindling when they have only played 2 matches and they are actually in 16th (for your information) but look at it : PSG are 14th and only are one point ahead. Does that mean they are dwindling as well? I think not! You can not base something like that off of 2 matches . You are the first person I've heard say such a thing . What Rene Girard did at Montpellier last season was excellent , it was because of Girard himself and players like Giroud and Belhanda who were excellent so not a fluke . If you say it will be difficult to reach a feet like that again or even to regain their title then I agree but Fluke ? No?
Teams from the bottom or even from the second league can rise to greatness . Two seasons ago Lucien Favre was hired by Gladbach when they were in the relegation zone : dead last and he managed to save them . What happened the next season ? They are participating in UCL qualifications . These are not flukes. Its called OVERACHIEVING!

These things can happen . But as for this topic I would say it doesn't happen simply because the game for these sorts of parts, have a reputation based system, so if your reputation is not high or the team's standard ( the team in which you'd like to manage) you most likely will not get the job!