Tactics Training Extermely Slow?

slcfm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

In FM2013, whenever I started a new game, i would immediately set training to Tactics Only on very high. By the start of the season (two months or so), the familiarity bar would be between 85-100%. In FM2014, it's barely moved. Has anybody else noticed this? Is this just something new in 2014? OR am I missing something obvious?

I have noticed this too, it was well into the season before the team were familiar with the tactics.

Apparently if you put training to Team Cohesion at Very High and Match Training to Tactics, the prep bar moves much faster...

I've noticed this too. However, I'm in my first season and I pretty much replaced my entire staff. Im hoping this is the problem as they have yet too completely adapt.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I noticed if you replaced your entire staff, the familiarity bar drops or doesnt move.
So, my advise is to ensure your intended staff's come in as soon as possible or else the familiarity bar wont be good during actual game...

Yeah, the majority of my staff still have low knowledge of my clubs players. I tried to prioritize staff with high adaptability, but many of them are foreign. I view games in comprehensive and I'm only 6 games in, but my familiarity is about 3/4 full (except for my 3rd tactic which I keep drastically changing).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Apparently if you put training to Team Cohesion at Very High and Match Training to Tactics, the prep bar moves much faster...

I did this but it didn't seem to make a difference. I think it's a bug.

In real life, it takes team much more time to adjust to new tactic than it was in FM 13. Take a look at bayern, they are playing whole new tactic under Guardiola, and they are not adjusted yet, and they played like...how many? 20 games under Pep? So I think its not a bug, it just more realistic...

In real life, it takes team much more time to adjust to new tactic than it was in FM 13. Take a look at bayern, they are playing whole new tactic under Guardiola, and they are not adjusted yet, and they played like...how many? 20 games under Pep? So I think its not a bug, it just more realistic...

Well I would be okay with this as long as it doesn't reset after the season is over like past games. Havign to wait 2/3rds of a season to have full tactical familiarness would be a bit stupid. Obviously with adding new players and staff this could be affected.

Yeah. I'm halfway through my season (about 20 games) and i'm only at about 80%

Try and initially run just 1x tactic, instead of 3. Your bar will go up a lot faster, I've tried starting, and re-starting, my games a few times, and on the most recent restart, when I tried just 1x tactic, the bar was upto around 80-90% by game 2 of the competition (Although I did also use the cohesion/tactics combination, and made other improvements to my club as well, so it could be a bit of both).

Also some tactics go up faster than others, funnily enough I've found that this was usually the case with the 4-4-2 formation I wasn't using in games lol. This could have been because I made some minor changes to the other tactics, or that my team was more suited to 4-4-2 (Which would make sense, as it was one of the recommended tactics when I started the season).

Last edited: