cheetham

Reaction score
Right ok...I just wanna no, do people play there friendlies or get the assistant to play them for you......if you do play your own friendlies, what benefits do you see from doing them?

Always play friendlies in the first season and then in any season where I'm changing my tactics or doing something new.
Friendlies give me the opportunity to properly analyse what's good and bad about whatever tactic I'm using.

It depends. First two seasons or so I usually do, then after that I only play the first couple.

people say playing them or getting assistant to do them doesn't matter and makes no difference,

Going into a season without playing your friendlies is like going in for a test without first going to your lectures.
Most people who say that friendlies are useless actually have no idea what a friendlies is for: It's essentially a pre-season checklist.

Make sure your players suit the formations, they are progressing well in their fitness training, managing their condition well and figuring out who (if any) underperformed when they are tired (this helps identify who can be an effective impact substitute).

Moral is important for obvious reasons! :p

I think most people just want to skip through the beginning and dive straight into the meat and veg of the game: the league. But you're setting yourself up for a long season if you don't put the work in in pre-seaosn.

yes thank you!! that is my point im trying to make to my friends but they say...nooooo it makes no difference. ok so im thinking of posting a few pictures of what differences I see and why im moaning to them about it...iv currently setting up a new game, im going to set my assistant to do the friendlies or me takes some pics of results then do the same but with me playing them. I want to prove the point that it does matter

yes that is one reason as to why I don't get my assistant to do them. im currently having a debate with friends I play with online. I like to play friendlies myself, iv found when I play them myself I win all the games so morale is at at least very good to super, can play around wit m tactic and I can rotate my hole squad so everyone gets games time and fitness is at full for my players and 1-2 players with a bit of form, I then go on to have a good start to season. now we been debating cause when I get my assistant to do them I get the complete opposite, not as good morale, not all my players are fit, nervous players at start of the season, a fair few injury's and go on to have a poor start to season....people say playing them or getting assistant to do them doesn't matter and makes no difference, but surely its does make a difference cause I don't get the issues when I do it myself

Play them for sure. Gives you an opportunity to see players in action and tells you what tactical changes or transfers you need to make before the season begins