Why Can't My Shalke Team Create Shots?

jmckenzie

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time through the game, and my career started over in England with Leicester, but I moved to FC Shalke 04 in November of 2014. I've managed to pull us back from the bottom half and we're currently sitting 4th. But I've had a hard time generating attempts on goal, its especially bad against top half clubs FC Bayeren, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Hannover, etc. I'm only averaging 5-10 shots on goal, with less than half of those on target. I left the Champions League in the group stage after a loss to Man City where we only generated 5 shots 1 on target. I play an attacking style 4-1-1-3-1 (4-5-1). I just won a match against bottom club Dusseldorf with only 15 shots, but 8 were on target. The formation and starting eleven are below; and I've focused on attack and tactics are each 20% of my trainings, the rest of my training have been balanced among cohesion, defending, and control. Any changes that you guys can see to help increase attack success?

BTW, one of my boardroom goals is to play attacking soccer, and challenge for the title; so I really need to increase shots on target and I should really be burying bottom of the table opponents by margins greater than 2 or 3.

Thanks for the advice,

-J-

View attachment 330766

Last edited: