retroactive

Reaction score
I'm about to begin my 2nd season with Boro in the Championship and I have Butland and Steele in my squad. I was thinking about a third keeper but I'm not sure if I should go for a veteran keeper who'll cost a lot in wages or go for a youngster who'll need a few years before he can pose a challenge to Butland.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and some names for either type of keeper would be welcome. Transfer budget is not an issue ATM as I can spare around 5m-8m for this position.

I would get a youngster even though Butland is young himself. Mainly because I don't even keep a sub goal keeper on the bench.

Any young keepers that you can think of? Since my Boro team is still work in progress I can't offer Prem league football which is what a lot of the top rated young keepers want. I do think the solid financial position means I can offer relatively better wages than the other Championship sides.

I signed a young Keeper called Mattia Perrin on a free transfer end of my first season at Spurs and he has done ok coming in for Lloris when he has been injured.

Could maybe try Smithies although I don't know if he would like being third choice.

I tried signing Perrin in my first season at Boro but he refused to even negotiate...oO)