4-1-2-3 strikerless JpassaI tactic tweaked by galego25 and me - Exploits the ME

That's more than enough for me :/.

I'm always reading "cracks the ME / kills the ME / exploits the ME" and then I'm going to try the tactic and it's that what I thought. Sometimes the threads here are like american marketing campaigns...

BUT sometimes this happens:

View attachment 112459

View attachment 112458

I tweaked several instructions and actually I'm very pleased with the results. I'll start the second season with my Darmstadt squad and keep you updated.

My media prediction for the second season is 12th; let's see what will happen :)

Last edited:
Awesome tactic. I've been hired as Dunkerque manager the 5/12/2016, club was 16th. I won the league at the end of the season.
Thank you very much. For now, I think this is the best tactic and yes it broke the match engine !!!

I use the v7 tweak. No change. Training : team cohesion and att. movements.

Brilliant ! I always play unemployed & as sunday league experience.

I don't this breaking the match engine is possible the Ai adapts too much now

Some people like to say they broke the match engine when they are successful by either winning with big margins - usually at home or ending up in the top 3 with a lesser team - they dont at all wonder why they get trashed away from home against the big teams - if you can win 7-0 at home its gamebreaking - :) Really? - for me if it was gamebreaking results would consistantly be 38/38 (played/won) not just in one save - then we are talking.

This is just getting tiring as someone put it nicely - a marketing campaign to hype their own **** - that's the reason why I say something cause I'm tired looking at claims like this.

Last year I made a tactic Sublimity - and with a bigger team it was awesome - I had Brazil and they had a worldcup qualification record at 17w 1d I did not say anything about it beeing game breaking, but I know it was very solid - no need to hype it more than it should be - if people are interested in your work and try it and release pictures on how they go - then that should be more than enough.

So bottomline for me is - don't claim what you can't promise - its annoying and has an opposite effect on people

Cheers - yours look deadly - not gamebreaking but very consistant :D

There is NO such thing as "Breaking the ME"
This year will be very difficult to make a tactic that will be consistent like the years before, and that`s because of the AI combined with the poor state of this patch 17.2 (in my opinion the worst .2 patch ever).
There are plenty of bugs that change the setup of a tactic : inability of the defenders to mark properly (full backs are retarded), the amount of wrong pass ( most of back pass to the Gk are going out ), under pressure the players are kicking the ball out instead of passing it to someone else, switching the ball to the other side of the field when there`s no need to do that, the closing down setting for more or less is the same (the player will leave his place on the field to close down even if it is set to less).
There are more but this is not the place to talk about this.
They made the AI to adapt to our tactics faster & that`s why it`s harder.

Hull media predicted 20th - beating some of the big teams at home - However you decide if this is good

Overall - 19 matches

a400ae8700a5c18b0d3c5c4ba0f818a4.png

Away record

af6e7bb931f8c8785e8d21f4b0339ad6.png

Planning given it ago with liverpool but no team instructions is that right.

It's not a tactic that exploits the ME, but it's a good tactic. However, it isn't the finished product, Jpassal was still developing it and was going to open a thread when done, discussions about this were being made in the "tactics from different forums" thread. But since this thread was opened, it's a good idea to post more information about it from the original author:

Mr L Tactics - 4123 strikerless formation

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ant-forums-{around-world}-31.html#post3054776

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ant-forums-{around-world}-32.html#post3054842

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ant-forums-{around-world}-32.html#post3054845

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ant-forums-{around-world}-33.html#post3054930

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ant-forums-{around-world}-34.html#post3054976

I agree, great tactic. I used it myself and it was very effective. As with all tactics however over time the AI adapts to it and it isnt as effective. Has anyone found a tactic that carries on from this that is effective? i.e. against a low defensive line and narrow team?

As good as the tactic can be, it can certainly be a defensive nightmare at times. I feel some defensive tweaks would perfect it

Amazing how effective this tactic has been for me as Arsenal, I wiped the floor with City 5-2 and Liverpool 3-0

Any thoughts on pushing the two shadow strikers out wide into wingers?

Any thoughts on pushing the two shadow strikers out wide into wingers?

Try them as Raumdeaturs. Because you have wide players in front of the LB & RB, if you set these players as IWB, they truly become IWB's and push diagonally into the midfield. Giving your midfield the ability to push further forward and also it is easier to defend from the middle with your IWB's than have your WB's isolated upfield and being caught on the break.

Last edited: