4-3-1-2 Experiment... Testers gander here!!!

ZebraheadRob

Reaction score
4-3-1-2 Experiment... 100+ passes. Testers gander here!!!

Right, this was something I intended it to be something it's actually not, so it's more an accident, well not entirely... (I'm not bothered about high scoring at the moment, I just wanted to get possession and passing sorted first, goals will come later)

I would post more screens and say more about the tactic itself, but I cba. I'll just attach it and see what people think... Bad I know. i may do when I have more time and can be bothered getting round to it... :|

It started off as a properly rigid anchored tactic with clear sections with exception to the CAM, and it sort of worked. but at first, it was pretty bad, I chose the wrong role for one of the forwards, and I set some of the individual tactics a bit too wild, but eventually, after letting the team settle in a little with it, getting used to it a little (yes I know it's with Barcelona, but I am still only testing for now). But basically, I found that one of my CMs as a Deep Lying Playmaker role, with a defend duty, had some outrageous passing stats; and indeed overall. I have attached some screenshots, but if anyone wants to test it some more for me, it would be appreciated, preferably implement it right at the beginning of pre season, then see how it works when the season starts, not bother what league/team/players. Mine is at 2020 and mostly regens, but I'd like to see how other people find it.

Please note that this is from scratch and I have not even looked into other tactics, I've not been on the site for like months, and may I say its a bit more awesome, (well done Sean). I look forward to FM12 and I hope people can test it/want to.

Thanks, any comments appreciated. I may consider attaching the tactic on here if people want it.

Last edited:
Its great thatyou have made a tactic that gets a lot of passes and possession. My only concern is that you are overlooking the main reason why uyou appraoch is working, the factthat 1.) you have a really, really good squad 2.) You have a huge reputation, all this meaning that teams wimply will not close down your players but instead sit deep and stand off. Try for one game to take control of the other team and let them play really agressiv against you, just to see what happends. Its possible that you will beat them 5-1 instead of 2-0 and that the stats will look ever so different :D

To be fair, that's why I've put it on here. I've kinda tried it with Palmeiras but not properly, I just though I'd get people to try it. And I should probably put a little more information on it to attract people's attention. Sod it, I'll just upload the tactic so people can try it. I wanna see if it's the players and harmony, or if it's genuinely a decent tactic.

if weren't testing another tactic now,i would definately test yours!!!
just played one game to see how it goes,here the result:
View attachment 191248View attachment 191250View attachment 191251

like i said earlier,it's an interesting tactic! but it really lacks on the attackin' issues,i mean,i know i played against a 5-3-2 team but still,could only shot from long distance!

keep up the work mate!

Ahhh thank you very much lipecamara!!! I like the results, passing and possession wise, and an unfortunate result!! and yeah I completely agree, very lacking on the attacking front, needs much tweaking, but I shall have a look and see what I can change without messing everything up. Thanks once again, try and get more people to test if you can, looks good though so far, cheers man. XD

Ahhh thank you very much lipecamara!!! I like the results, passing and possession wise, and an unfortunate result!! and yeah I completely agree, very lacking on the attacking front, needs much tweaking, but I shall have a look and see what I can change without messing everything up. Thanks once again, try and get more people to test if you can, looks good though so far, cheers man. XD

no man,thank you ^^)
the thing i like about this tactic is that they work the ball around the box with no hurry,making hundreds of passes,kinda like barcelona IRL :D and that's what you should stay with,cause with that amout of passes,with 80% of possession,just one goal or maybe two is necessary for the win,cause the opposition would never get near my goal.

keep up the good work mate!

no man,thank you ^^)
the thing i like about this tactic is that they work the ball around the box with no hurry,making hundreds of passes,kinda like barcelona IRL :D and that's what you should stay with,cause with that amout of passes,with 80% of possession,just one goal or maybe two is necessary for the win,cause the opposition would never get near my goal.

keep up the good work mate!

:D Most of my tactics do that :p And yeah, I've tweaked it a bit, but idk if it's messed with it a bit... I'll attach it to see what you think... but the forward movement has changed a little, but more goals, slightly less possession :/ Have a look if you want.

Update: Just played Valencia again, this time away in the spanish cup. And I broke my passing record again. 4 passes off 150 completed. Others passing well as well. More goals this time, but 4% less possession. The goals are coming now, still struggling to break through into the box regularly, but the midfield is packed. Try it.

P.S. This is the latest one ^ not the original, so just download the one above. Comments and thoughts please. Thanks

Last edited: