4-4-2 tactic decent home and away results

joep724

Reaction score
hii
this is the first tactic ive posted
its a basic 4-4-2
ive so far tried this with just man city and its working well
as you can see from the screenshots i havnt lost a game so far this season although it is early on and i havnt yet won a top 4 team in an away game yet.
most of the results ive had have been easy except for the 4-3 win against chelsea, 1-1 draw with arsenal and surprisingly 3-2 win against sunderland.

with this tactic it is always best to play to the strengths of the player in the position there in for example shaun wright phillips only has a crossing stat of 13 so i set his crossing to rarely.
i also set one significant opposition instruction which is to close down both center backs of the opposition team home and away all of the time, aswell as closing down the defensive midfielder if they have one. as this automatically puts there defence under pressure from the start meaning they are more likely to make a mistake.

i would use this tactic with other top half teams im not sure how well it would be without quality players, as this isnt the best tactic and sometimes i need the quality of a certain player to win the game.

it is also best to have fast defenders as the defensive line isnt set deep meaning fast players would rip the defence apart.

i would also recommend having good wingers to use this tactic as the set passing is down both flanks aswell as there being a wide width to the team.

my strikers are set to defensive mentality as i found using one of the numerous "wenger" tactics, that this allows the strikers to come a little deeper meaning they get more chances to run at the defence with the ball aswell as stretching the defence allowing the clinical finishers to have more shots on goal.

this may not be the best tactic in the world as i have only tried it with one team on patch 9.3 with the version 6 update made by chris22.
please post your results so i can see if the tactic is just a one off or a good tactic.

If you play wide your best of playing direct passing

thankss
i tried direct passing in my next game against aston villa who are 7th i won them 2-0 with a late goal from robinho i only had 9 shots on goal through the game which is worrying i think i might make the strikers a little more attacking during home games