433 Attacking Wide - Centurion - over 100 games unbeaten (Version 2 added)

Thanks! What team did you use it with?

I updated the post further up (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...mes-unbeaten-version-2-added.html#post3180675) with information on Version 2.

I've not had chance to update to or play on 19.1.3 yet so do not know how either version will work on the update. I don't think there has been match engine changes so hopefully they will be the same!

I'm playing in Turkish League with Fenerbahçe. I hope you know Fenerbahçe because it is my favorite team ;) In old version i had lot of chances and shots but my goal number wasn't so high and my defence wasn't doing so good but i think defence problem is my bad players in defence. Now we are in 19.1.3 and i will use the v2. I will tell my experiences after playing a bit. Thank you and don't stop making tactics. I am enjoying with it!

I'm playing in Turkish League with Fenerbahçe. I hope you know Fenerbahçe because it is my favorite team ;) In old version i had lot of chances and shots but my goal number wasn't so high and my defence wasn't doing so good but i think defence problem is my bad players in defence. Now we are in 19.1.3 and i will use the v2. I will tell my experiences after playing a bit. Thank you and don't stop making tactics. I am enjoying with it!

Of course, yes, in the UK I think the only Turkish teams we know are Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray!

I think your experiences of the tactic are very similar to mine. I always get lots of shots, sometimes I may only win 1-0, but occasionally get the bigger wins like 5-0! You could maybe try adding the 'work ball into box' to see if that reduces the quantity of shots and increases the quality. It is also worth also looking at the preferred moves of your players. I'm currently testing with Man Utd and Pogba shoots from distance. It is hard to stop and he wastes many shots per game. I do not think I would buy any players with that preferred move!

If a player does keep shooting then you can also try and increase their passing to risky and/or more direct and see if they will start to make a pass instead of shooting. Of course, they may just end up giving the ball way, but it can reduce the number of goal kicks given away from shots off target.

Of course, yes, in the UK I think the only Turkish teams we know are Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray!

I think your experiences of the tactic are very similar to mine. I always get lots of shots, sometimes I may only win 1-0, but occasionally get the bigger wins like 5-0! You could maybe try adding the 'work ball into box' to see if that reduces the quantity of shots and increases the quality. It is also worth also looking at the preferred moves of your players. I'm currently testing with Man Utd and Pogba shoots from distance. It is hard to stop and he wastes many shots per game. I do not think I would buy any players with that preferred move!

If a player does keep shooting then you can also try and increase their passing to risky and/or more direct and see if they will start to make a pass instead of shooting. Of course, they may just end up giving the ball way, but it can reduce the number of goal kicks given away from shots off target.
Haha thank you for your answer and i will try your suggestions! Can i ask one more question? If I make or find a really good corner or set piece setup can i change the setups? Because in Fm19 you know corners are bit op and with your tactic i can't score so much from corners. Again and again thank you!

And i forgot to ask. Have you any OI? What is your individual trainings and you main corner takers? Sorry for lot of questions:mad:

Haha thank you for your answer and i will try your suggestions! Can i ask one more question? If I make or find a really good corner or set piece setup can i change the setups? Because in Fm19 you know corners are bit op and with your tactic i can't score so much from corners. Again and again thank you!

I imagine so. I am no FM tactic expert and do not pay too much attention to set pieces. I can't see why you cannot change the set-piece setup in any tactic. The ones in the files here are customised to the players in my usual first X1. These will be different for every team.

My personal preference for attacking corners is pretty simple:

- Best headers/tall players attacking far post.
- Someone with decent heading attacking from outside the box.
- Someone with long shots lurking outside.
- Sometimes I put a wide player (i.e. good crossing) as short so if a corner is headed out by a defender at the near post, they can pick it up and cross it back in.
- In FM19 I've given up on marking the keeper as I noticed that the player assigned to this would often stand outside of the box! A clear bug. I reported it during beta, but nothing has happened unfortunately.

When defending, I always leave two or three up-front as the AI then usually keeps several back outside of the box and makes them less threatening.

I don't know about corner exploits in FM19 so I will look into this (even though it is probably cheating!)

And i forgot to ask. Have you any OI? What is your individual trainings and you main corner takers? Sorry for lot of questions:mad:

Don't bother with OI.

Attacking team training.

Individual training is directly related to the role on the tactic.

Penalty taker practising penalties, free-kick taker practicing free-kicks, corner taker practicing corners. All simple stuff.

I've been playing CM/FM for ~25 years and I've never seen anything completely obvious that makes me think team training affects things too much. I've tried attacking set-pieces, but never seems to improve matters etc. so now I just don't bother too much.

Don't bother with OI.

Attacking team training.

Individual training is directly related to the role on the tactic.

Penalty taker practising penalties, free-kick taker practicing free-kicks, corner taker practicing corners. All simple stuff.

I've been playing CM/FM for ~25 years and I've never seen anything completely obvious that makes me think team training affects things too much. I've tried attacking set-pieces, but never seems to improve matters etc. so now I just don't bother too much.
Just thank you for this detailed answers. I will try to apply them to my game. You are just awesome. Thank you brother!

Hi,

I reckon this is a dope tactic!! Though i'm currently testing another tactic now so will try yours next!!

I'm interested in the Trequartistas role for wingers. I do understand that you put left-footer on the left and etc so that they can cross with their dominant foot. Though, you also set them to cut-inside, which means that the player will cut-inside with left foot on the left side of the pitch, so how does that work out in the game?

Hi,

I reckon this is a dope tactic!! Though i'm currently testing another tactic now so will try yours next!!

I'm interested in the Trequartistas role for wingers. I do understand that you put left-footer on the left and etc so that they can cross with their dominant foot. Though, you also set them to cut-inside, which means that the player will cut-inside with left foot on the left side of the pitch, so how does that work out in the game?

Thanks, look forward to seeing your results.

The Trequartistas as Inside Forwards seemed to work well. Asensio and Martial with 17 goals/19 assists in 35 games and 16 goals/15 assists in 36 respectively. So involved in a goal a game. They can still shoot when they cut in, usually across the keeper towards the far-post I think.

In real-like, inside forwards often end up running horizontally across the pitch (i.e. 90 degrees to the wings) when they cut in and then shooting 'vertically' towards goal on their strongest foot if you see what I mean. On the game, the angle they cut inside at is usually shallower so they run diagonally towards goal rather than across the pitch. This often leaves then with a bad angle to shoot and they can be easily pushed towards the goal-line, leaving them with no option but to cross with their weaker foot.

This is the first time I've tried this as just thought I'd give it a go. I liked how they had better crossing/pull-back options and while also still shooting. Still needs more testing to be sure as I've only done 1 season.

Let me know how you get on. Schick seems to be good on the game and the young Turkish guy turned into a world-beater on my first save well into the future. He may do very well as the wide player using this tactic.

Trainee

Hello I'm starting a new save with Sporting Lisbon in version 19.1.2, and I wonder what the correct tactic is Best score 4-3-3 Attacking wide or high scores 4-3-3 Attacking the big v2. thank youHello I'm starting a new safeguard with Sporting Lisbon in version 19.1.2, and I wonder what the correct tactic is Best score 4-3-3 Attacking wide or high scores 4-3-3 Attacking the big v2. thank you

Do you have any screenshots from the first few seasons (18/19 etc)? For all I know, you could have bought all the best regens and used them to get the results.

Hello I'm starting a new save with Sporting Lisbon in version 19.1.2, and I wonder what the correct tactic is Best score 4-3-3 Attacking wide or high scores 4-3-3 Attacking the big v2. thank youHello I'm starting a new safeguard with Sporting Lisbon in version 19.1.2, and I wonder what the correct tactic is Best score 4-3-3 Attacking wide or high scores 4-3-3 Attacking the big v2. thank you

Hard to say, I'm not familiar with the Sporting squad. Generally I would say v1 if your wide players are strong and v2 if your Mezzala's are strong. Just look at your options in each position and see which position has the best players.

Do you have any screenshots from the first few seasons (18/19 etc)? For all I know, you could have bought all the best regens and used them to get the results.

Lol. No.

Didn't come up with this tactic until well into the future. First season was 4-2-3-1 with little success, in fact, I thought I was going to get sacked. Played 4-2-4 for a few seasons and then started to get success. That stopped working and then came up with this. As I said in the first post, I had built up a very strong squad through buying top players, buying and developing wonder kids and also a couple of home-grown excellent players came through. I clearly state in the first post that I had world-class players in each position and was interested to see how it would do on the release version on a new game with 'real players'.

It has since done well with Man Utd in a new game and it seems a few others have had some success playing it. I'd been interested to hear if you try it with a smaller club and how it does. I'm going to play one more season now v2 has been developed and test is on 19.1.4. I'm then going to start a new game with a smaller club and see how it does.

most of my homegames when conceding i had the ball between 50-56% of the time.
my defenders average 10 for pace and acceleration for CD and perhaps 11-12 for the wingbacks. had a 38 year old striker, så not excatly a pace merchant there. that will probably help.
doing my thing with loanees atm in bundesliga 2. but not many bayern u19 players want a share in the joyride that is being a relegation candidate at odds 400 to win the league :p

I play with Inter and I'm currently in the middle of the season, 3 in the championship. Do you change your mentality when playing against the toughest rivals or is it always attacked? Which version is better for you first or the other?