Which team should I take on to turn in European Giants?

• England - QPR

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • France - AS Saint-Etienne

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Germany - Werder Bremen

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Italy - Sampdoria

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Spain - Real Sociedad

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamm8

Reaction score
I will be taking control of a team in one of the 5 leagues which I believe are the best in the world; England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

In the poll I have chosen 5 teams, one from each, who I believe will be a challenge and will also be fun to turn into European Giants.

Get Voting!

Last edited:
Day and a half-ish left and AS Saint-Etienne lead!

Still close though so keep those votes coming in to try and get the team you want me to manage into European Giants!

Voted Sampdoria. Want to see them back up there. :)

Cheers for voting! Yeah it would be good to see them back to what they used to be, they have a good squad and good money as well so would be fun to do! :)

The poll shall be closing tonight and currently AS Saint-Etienne are in the lead.

So get voting if you want to help another team to get in the lead!

So the winner is QPR!

View attachment 296299

I have been unable to start writing up for it today due to a hangover :p

So the first update shall be tomorrow morning.

Lets Begin!

Beginning of Pre-Season

So QPR won the poll, meaning they will be the club I will be aiming to turn into the next European Giants.

View attachment 296482 View attachment 296483 View attachment 296484

As you can see, the club is predicted to survive relegation, which I chose to be my main aim for this season just to make sure we survive and start to build up a good squad, and then the following seasons to develop the club.

But I also saw from the facilities that we had good training facilities which we need, but the youth facilities are only adequate which I think need to be better if we went to become European Giants as I also want to develop our own players, which is why we are having them upgraded.

Now we have a problem that the projected balance is £9 Million in the red, so I am going to have to also aim to sort this out and turn it positive.

I have been given a good amount of transfer and wage budget which I think will be enough to improve the squad.

View attachment 296489 View attachment 296488

I could see from my assistant report that we do have a good squad, but we could do with improving the centre backs particularly, and maybe bring in a new starting central midfielder to help fit my 4-2-3-1 formation.

I will also want to improve some positions with younger players such as goalkeeper because even though we do have some very good players such as Julio Cesar and Djibril Cisse, they are in their 30's now.

View attachment 296493

We also have very easy fixtures which we should win all of, with the exception of the Napoli game, who are a very good team and are actually in the Europa League and one of the better teams in Italy and will be a good chance for us to show that we have potential.

See you at the end of pre-season for a report on how we get on!

End of Pre-Season

View attachment 297043

So I think we had an absolute shocker of a pre-season as we were unable to beat teams well enough like we should have and even lost to Ipswich who we should have beaten easily. Although I think the fact we only lost 1-0 to Napoli is great as they are a very good team so that is probably the only good thing about of pre-season

Also I made some very good transfers for the club which you shall see about next update.​

Also, look forward to the next update as our first game of the season was an absolute belter!!!​

August & Transfers

August

View attachment 297080

Yes you are seeing it right, first game of the season and we beat Man City 5-4!

----------​----------​----------​----------​----------

Man City 4 - 5 Q.P.R
Premier League

Sergio Aguero (32)Djibril Cissé (11)
Samir Nasri (79)Wellington Nem (37)
Alejandro Faurlin own goal (82)Royston Drenthe (58)
Yaya Toure (84)Raul Albiol (62)
-Alejandro Faurlin (73)

MOTM: Djibril Cissé (Q.P.R)

What a way to kick off the season! An absolute belter of a game where we were actually 2nd best this game, but we were excellent in front of goal. Although I was getting very worried towards to the end of the game but we hung on!

View attachment 297082
BBC SPORT: 'Djibril Cissé celebrates after scoring Q.P.R's opener in their win against Man City.'

Q.P.R 0 - 1 Tottenham
Premier League

-Tom Huddlestone (21)

MOTM: Júlio César (Q.P.R)

We did deserve to lose this game as Spurs were the better team and Júlio César was the only reason we didn't concede more.

View attachment 297083
SKY SPORTS NEWS: 'Huddlestone celebrates with his team mates as he scores the only goal to give Spurs the win.'

Q.P.R 3 - 2 Rotherham
(aet)

Capitol One Cup 2nd Round

Shaun Wright-Phillips (45)Daniel Nardiello (16)
Kieron Dyer (67)Ian Sharps (37)
Jores Okore (105+1)-

MOTM: Kieron Dyer (Q.P.R)

So nearly regretted playing a team consisting of unwanted, old and young players as they were not able to play well together and we were lucky to win because even though we were still the better team, we just couldn't get going properly, but still, a win is a win and we shall be playing Wolves in the next round.

League Table

View attachment 297092

I still think this was a great start to our league campaign due to the Manchester City result and also the fact the we only narrowly lost to Tottenham and hopefully we can perform like we did in those games in other games and help keep us in the league this season which is my main aim.

Transfers

View attachment 297093

I decided that many positions for my team needed improving to help us survive this season as you can see due to the fact I brought in 9 players and spent £34 Million. But I also ensured I got rid of the players I didn't want.

View attachment 297095

So starting right at the back is Jack Butland who I have brought in due to the fact that even though we have to good goal keepers in the form of César and Green, they are both into their 30's now and I have brought Butland is as our future starting goalkeeper in a few season when he is ready. I am having him tutored by César.

View attachment 297096 View attachment 297097 View attachment 297098 View attachment 297099

We needed a new Right Back seeing as the only capable player we have is Bosingwa who is now 30 so I brought in Nathaniel Clyne as he is capable of being a starter and also has great potential. Centre Back really needed improving as we only had one okay player who was Mbia so I brought in Raul Albiol on loan and brought Guiseppe Bellusci as he is someone who can easily come in a star defender and also at just 23 he has potential to grow. Jores Okore has been brought in for the future as he is young and has great potential.

View attachment 297100 View attachment 297101 View attachment 297102

Anderson has been brought in to be our new start central midfielder as he really does have the capability to do so. Royston Drenthe has been brought in as our main left winger as we do not have a natural left winger, and for free, he is a great player and Wellington Nem has been brought in as a rotating player for all attacking midfielder positions with the great potential to make the Central Attacking Midfield position him own.

View attachment 297103

Wilfried Zaha has been brought in as rotation with Cissé and Zamora and easily has the potential maybe next season to make it his own as he has amazing potential.

Other Transfer News

View attachment 297104 View attachment 297105

As a Fulham I should wish relegation upon you.. But i'll make an exception and wish you good luck :p