AC Milan - frustratingly frustrated!

bijak

Reaction score
sorry if this thread is misplaced

I don't know what happened to this year's engine, but these tactic (particularly the 4-1-2-1-2) worked nicely in the previous years
these are my current tactics:
View attachment 443737View attachment 443736

I gave up, I can't find what's wrong
any constructive suggestions will be appreciated

First thing I think you should definitely switch your fullbacks to wingbacks, maybe try it on auto. Currently you have zero width and you have your halfback to help out in the defense anyway.
Next thing I'd try is to switch Kaka to a trequartista as he will have more freedom in the rigid team. And with the wingbacks pushing on he'll have more players to pass to. I'd also put montolivo on support letting him get the ball from the BWM and lay it off to the front 3 or the wingbacks.
The front 2 should be ok, maybe tell the poacher to close down less so he stays in front and waits for the ball.

Good luck, tell me how it turns out :)

cheers for the suggestion

I think I'll stick with Fullbacks as 2,5 central defenders won't do good against better teams (esp. if they play with wingers), but I'll use auto duty on them this time just to test out...
and btw, according to my experience, even with a Defend duty, I'd still see my fullbacks on opponent's side quite often...

Of course they are on the opponents side, when the whole formation is higher it makes sense for them to be there, its more about how fast they get there and how they support the attack. If they come too late, or stay too back your forwards might run out of options and just shoot off target or waste possession. They also make problems for the opponents defence, as they are in doubt whether to close down your wingbacks (and risk leaving a gap in the center) or let the wingbacks roam free (which gives them time for quality crosses/passes)
Also, how are the midfield changes turning out?

can't really notice the difference in the midfielders, maybe a few games will do

more with the scoring
Part of it may be the fluidity setting. I would consider setting that to normal, so players like Kaka and Balotely can get out there and make plays on their own. Also, consider Shaarawy as a F9 playing direct passing. That should open up some nice lanes for Mario for scores.

Allegri likes to play with the regista Montollivo in front of the defensive four. I ithink that the regista role is the crucial part for this type of tactic. In the case of using 4-1-2-1-2 with the Montollivo role, also is importat Kaka role behind two attackers. You can combine this tactic with 4-1-2-2-1 with to wingers or inside forwards operating by line. Allegri wants to play possesing football, so you could try to do the same. Crucial is to give each player individual instructions. Good luck!

Last edited:
Have the samo problem mate. i play 4 3 1 2 in the new manager and it is a disaster. i have 4 losses and one draw in the first 5 games and i havent play any top team in italy (plus i had a very bad pre-seasson). only i have a midfield of bbm - dlp - bwm, kaka plays am, ant el sharraway is a tranqelista (and he is the only good thing, he is progressing excelent in a very short time). me mentality is control and tipe of play fluid. everybody is killing me on the wings an in the middle. i conside a lot of gold. common people tell us what to do, any tips????

Last edited:
i had the same team as the photos attached (but balanda-zapata instead of doria-mexes) and the same formation and roles (but complete full backs sitting narrow instead of full backs). The only difference is that i used a counter/rigid approach with direct passing+pass into space+hassle+D-line). I won the serie A the first season with el sharaway and baloteli being the serie A top goalscorers and balanda-zapata being the highest av. rating players.
I think that going with a more conservative approach and trying to counter attack using the fast pacey forwarders is the best solution for milan 1st season.

Hey, guys!

I see that you have big problems with our beloved milan :) Please, delete immediately narrow formations from your minds and also dont follow to allegri tactic(thank god, he is gone). Follow to popular wide formation 4-2-3-1, which uses seedorf.

I am playing with tactic by poweriess:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...inspired-la-liga-champions-ucl-finalists.html

Tactic is based on quick counter attack, with low possession(off course) and strong defence...similar to atletico madrid. I think, that is something like that, what seedorf want to see.

I bought balanta and murru...both very promising defenders.