Administration - my story - how did you cope?

chope242002

Reaction score
In my fifth season with Newcastle United I entered administration in January and I must admit it came as quite a relief.

The reason being that, in each of the first three seasons, I'd spent in excess of £100m in the summer using the "48 monthly" payment option.

On previous FMs using the "after 40 league appearances" payment option, and therefore signing everyone on a free before being hit with a huge transfer fee, it was too easy because the board would generally pump cash in or restructure debt.

Anyway, in January of my 5th season I entered administration with debt in excess of £100m and was duly docked 9 points. I managed to survive the month having sold just one player (Abel Hernandez) when board intervened to accept £12m offer.

I managed to make up the points deduction quite quickly to get back on terms near the top of the league.

Then, in April, I got a message saying I'd been banned from all Euro competition next season because of the administration.

Incredibly I went on to win the league by one point on the final day and won the Champions League final following what I admit was a fairly easy run (Benfica, PSG, Marseille, Bayern).

After all of the prize money and TV money my bank balance is now back on track and I'm out of administration but won't be defending the Champions League it appears!

Just wondering, has this happened to anyone else and how did you cope?

Like I said at the beginning, at least it's a little more realistic than previous games where you could just spend, spend, spend with no ramifications.

as you say, at least it is realistic...

the only thing I can say is... it is your fault :)

never happened to me, I am scrooge mcduck when it comes to finances....

Plus side I've managed to build Champs League winning team in five years.

Irony is majority of best players are regens who cost less than £5m when teenagers.

How successful can you be keeping tight hold on finances?

pay off Utd debts in 3 seasons tight :p

I am quite surprised the board actually allowed you to spend so much, each time you use the 48 month payment term your next seasons TB reduces drastically (well depending how much you spent of course) as well as if you dont have the money, how are they affording it.. getting money from the board is quite difficult....

Thats quite interesting, although never happened to me.

I think its actually interesting that you've found out what happens when you spend that much with the 48 month payment option and as said above it does show that the game is more realistic this year.

I blame Mike Ashley, hes a **** in my game and a **** in real life. Will not even give me 500k to spend. Your lucky you get so much.

A good disclaimer for all the people that put off paying up front. I do the 48 month plan a lot. But I dont spend 100m each year lol

It'd be a cool addition if clubs entering financial problems did not pay money they owe to other clubs, as happens quite regularly irl, and then you enter in a legal battle with them to get your money.

But anywho, sounds pretty fun :) I've never been in financial situations that dire, but I reckon it'd be fun to play around with that kinda stuff.