Do you only play as lower league teams?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 69.2%

• Total voters

Ccllnply

Reaction score
Having looked through this fourm for a few months now, looking at people's screenshots, reading their problems and stories, one thing I've noticed is that many FM players manage teams in the top divisions. I was suprised by this because I always thought that most FM players started in the lower leagues

I never play in the top divisions, even managing Championship teams is too high for. I sort of feel that I'm already at the top, so whats the point?

Is there anyone else out there a solely lower league manager?

theres loads of people on this forum that manages lower league teams..just look in the lower league management section.

I am m8 currently tryin my best to get histon promoted from the conference click the link below to view how im doin feedback will be much appriciated :)

theres loads of people on this forum that manages lower league teams..just look in the lower league management section.

I know that people manage lower league teams, I'm wondering if people are like me and only manage lower league teams, as in they've never managed a top team

i love doing LLM games but i've allways been terrible at starting with part timers so i often just do league 2, i've had a few games with my home team Plymouth Argyle but never got them promoted to the prem :( in my last "epic" game which i spent around 6-7 seasons there i came VERY close to play offs in either the 2nd or 3rd season then nearly got relegated in the 4th lol, i do love doing top class games aswell like man city although after 3-4 season i norm get bored so i allways try to do lower league english leagues or maybe try the french/spainish/italian/scottish or german leagues german league is my personal fave out of that lot

i've started with sunderland i'm in my 4th season, i've just finished 2nd in the premiership in my pervious season got 2 the semi-finals in both the FA cup and the Europa league... nw i'm in the champions league!!! its not quite LLM but a least it not Man Utd, Real Mardrid etc... dont like manageing those team cos u already av the best players with u already!!!

recently i have just been doing llm but now i do a range

I have tried but im rubbish at LLM so il stick with hull city or any other premiership team

Having looked through this fourm for a few months now, looking at people's screenshots, reading their problems and stories, one thing I've noticed is that many FM players manage teams in the top divisions. I was suprised by this because I always thought that most FM players started in the lower leagues

I never play in the top divisions, even managing Championship teams is too high for. I sort of feel that I'm already at the top, so whats the point?

When I start with a relatively poor team I can't get into it as if I do not know the players that I have then I don't enjoy managing them as much.

When I start with a relatively poor team I can't get into it as if I do not know the players that I have then I don't enjoy managing them as much.

Its the exact opposite for me, I enjoy it because I don't know them. I learn about there skills and weaknesses through out the season just like in real life.

I also much prefer the transfer market in lower leagues, much more satisfying getting that lad whose good enough for a Championship team for free when your in the BSS and having to learn things about him then spending millions to get Vagner Love and knowing he's going to turn into a superstar

So what happens when you go a lower league side and move up divisions?

Also WHAT!!! there is always about 10-15 lower league stories going on at once

Too many LLM stories these days stopped doing mine and just decided to play it and not update on llm section

What are you talking about. There are hardly any big club stories,its mainly LLM.

Too many LLM stories these days stopped doing mine and just decided to play it and not update on llm section

The only problem with them is that people do 1 or 2 updates and then give up because they start to realise how much work it is. Most of them think they can do a detailled report on every match for 10 years, when that is impossible and the thing is that most people won't read the report on every match

What are you talking about. There are hardly any big club stories,its mainly LLM.

I guess that was aimed at me. Yes, all the stories are about LLM, however if you look at the screenshots in the players, tactics and this forum you see people playing as Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa etc.

Last edited:
Yea i was saying that 99% of the stories never seem to go anywhere.

Only a select few seem to continue updating them constantly, people like SunderlandDanny spring to mind.

Many start their story thread with the best of intentions, but end up giving up and forgetting about it.

I'm easily annoyed by people going Manchester United and Real Madrid cause I feel its pointless. The best team I've been is Rangers. Only reason cause I support them.

Best team I've been is Barcelona, but other than that, Tottenham.

Most of the time I play between the Coca Cola leagues and the Conference South. (Leeds, Dagenham & Redbridge, AFC Wimbledon)