tripedius

Reaction score
How to deal with multiple AMC's? Got hammered by Milan 2 times now and won 1 game 3-2. They tend to play 4-3-2-1 with two central AMC's.

In other matches for instance Everton who play with one AMC behind a lone striker I have had trouble with AMC's but I tend to mark them with my spare defender. With two AMC's this obviously won't work. I tend to play 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2/ 4-1-2-1-2. Should I man-mark both AMC's? Does closing down work on high skilled AMC's like Kaka or Ronaldinho?

Other problem I have are players making bad decisions. Running with ball when passing is better or the other way round. Or playing back when forward is the better option (alone in front of goal, play back to midfield). Any ideas on that?

Have City currently so the team is good but not great (yet).

How to deal with multiple AMC's? Got hammered by Milan 2 times now and won 1 game 3-2. They tend to play 4-3-2-1 with two central AMC's.

In other matches for instance Everton who play with one AMC behind a lone striker I have had trouble with AMC's but I tend to mark them with my spare defender. With two AMC's this obviously won't work. I tend to play 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2/ 4-1-2-1-2. Should I man-mark both AMC's? Does closing down work on high skilled AMC's like Kaka or Ronaldinho?

Personally i play with a high defensive line and emphasis on attacking through the wings.

See, with AM they are going to focus emphasis through the middle of the pitch in their game plan usually because either their AM's are their best players or their Striker is **** in the air.

A high defensive line will push against these players who won't have the option to spread the ball wide and stretch the line when doing so. Also, a wider play on your behalf is allowed and if you knock it down the wings then they're going to be exploited. (However if away from home on a smaller pitch a different tactic is required in 1 striker and a DM to man mark their best AM)

I would advise strongly against Closing down OI's. What's probably happening is your CB's are rushing out and leaving gaps in defense for the Striker or other AM to exploit. Especially against quality AM's. You should have your DM zonally marking his area and expect him to cover the AM channel and prevent any long shots so that if they pursue further up the pitch your CB's can deal with any attack. (So have ur CB zonally marking so that they dont both mark the same player/run out and mark the AM channel)

Other problem I have are players making bad decisions. Running with ball when passing is better or the other way round. Or playing back when forward is the better option (alone in front of goal, play back to midfield). Any ideas on that?

Have City currently so the team is good but not great (yet).

This is due to their invididual attributes and your personal instructions.

If they have bad passing/decision attributes then they are likely to miss place passes or make the wrong decision when their instructions are on mixed.

If you don't want them to run with the ball put it on rarely and they will focus on passing instead.

It also depends upon what style you play. If you play a quick/short game then players are more likely to play quick 1 touch passing football rather than run with the ball

Tbh i think its mainly due to their decision attributes and the personal instructions you're giving them. If their through balls are on rarely then they are more likely to have a long shot, get tackled or pass to an easier option (depending on how direct you play they may actually knock a direct ball to a good option)