American football/NFL

askep

Most Valuable Pirate
Reaction score
So, fairly simple, is anyone on FM-Base down with the "other" football, ie. this stuff?

The current season is already in full swing and with some serious upsets and surprises. So whaddaya think? :D

follow the Redskins but i think Indianapolis will win it this year

i follow it as i have a fantasy team for it too im a pittsburgh steelers fan.

Dallas Cowboys fan,btw have you seen the new stadium?

i havent actually seen the stadium but heard there was around 105,000 for the game against the Giants

Yeah, the Cowboys Stadium is just sick! So over the top and crazy but it really works when it's for a team as Hollywood as the Cowboys. Hopefully they'll do as good a job when it comes to Liverpool's new stadium, if it's ever built.

I should say I support the Raiders myself, which isn't really that rosy at the moment, or for the last 6 years, really. But we'll be back!

The Colts' place, Lucas Oil Stadium, is just stunning as well. Same architecture firm as well. They're building Liverpool's new stadium as well. If only they would get it built :/

i dont understand the rules of the game, i guess it would be fun if i knew how the game ran. the only player i know is -brett favre? i think thats how you spell it. played for greenbay packers and retired and came out of retirement 2 or 3 times. anyway, thats my brief knowledge of nfl. TOUCHDOWN!

Prefer MLB but don't mind watching the occasional NFL game now and then. Don't really have a team though, if I had to choose one I'd go with the Ravens though.

I thought some might be interested in these amazing sports documentaries called America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions, which take on the winning team of that year and chronicles the highs, lows, highlights the personalities, shows some of the absolute classic moments that made some Champions and others a footnote in history.

Each episode features at least 3 people that were involved in the team that year, mostly players and coaches obviously, and it just gives great insight into what it takes to either build a contender or "finally" get to that pinnacle of excellence. NFL Films are of course behind this endeavour and between their amazing footage, incredible music, fantastic narration from some of the greatest voices in the business (includes narration by such great actors like Gene Hackman, Larry Fishburne, Donald Sutherland, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin and Ed Harris) and of course from the people involved, making it happen on the field.

Even if you don't like american football, these documentaries are so well produced that, if nothing else, you can just marvel at the achievements or the story behind them.

I don't really know the policy of these forums of links to torrent sites, so I'll not post them here, but what I can post is a few clips that I think might pique your curiosity. Also take note that some of the most famous teams' documentaries can be found on YouTube as well in parts. Trust me, they're well worth it! Here are just a few short clips, though:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of0l7gXK-i4"]Trailer - We Did It[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrkf06IOuzs"]Raiders Football[/ame]

watch them on sky sports when they are on usually you see the Raiders when they were amazing then you look at them now and just have to laugh

Hate NFL, stupid pad-wearers. The games on xbox are good though

been a big follower of the NFL for abouts 7/8 years now... when the Rams were last decent! lol
Steelers fan due to having family over in Pennslyvania, managed to get over there the time before last when we won the Superbowl in 2006 :D
Has anybody been, or is going to the Wembley game?
Been to the last 2 and going again this year! Calvin Harris is doing the pre-game show :D
and the IRRESISTABLE Katherine Jenkins is singing the national anthem :D :D

so glad theres finally a NFL thread :)

watch them on sky sports when they are on usually you see the Raiders when they were amazing then you look at them now and just have to laugh
Yeah. It's quite sad. I have high hopes for the Saints and Ravens this year, though. The Ravens play the sort of football that the Raiders should play and I just lurrrrv Joe Flacco and Ed Reed. Quote about the amazing Ed Reed from a scouting report from when he was in college, entering the draft: "Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Ed Reed." :wub:
Hate NFL, stupid pad-wearers. The games on xbox are good though
Haha, they need pads, trust me. And the Madden and NCAA football games are indeed excellent.
been a big follower of the NFL for abouts 7/8 years now... when the Rams were last decent! lol
Steelers fan due to having family over in Pennslyvania, managed to get over there the time before last when we won the Superbowl in 2006 :D
Has anybody been, or is going to the Wembley game?
Been to the last 2 and going again this year! Calvin Harris is doing the pre-game show :D
and the IRRESISTABLE Katherine Jenkins is singing the national anthem :D :D

so glad theres finally a NFL thread :)
Hah, yeah, the Rams are even worse than the Raiders atm, thankfully! If I lived in the UK I definitely would've gone. Not that it would be incredibly expensive, I think round-trips with hotel and tickets etc. would amount to something like £1300, but I don't have that kind of money at the moment. Too bad the Bucs are so bad this year, it's going to be an absolute blowout, but great entertainment nonetheless!
Seattle Seahawks fan, they are rubbish lol
I wouldn't say that, just very inconsistent regarding whether they're playing at home or away and whether they have Matt Hasselbeck under center or not. I tipped them before the season started to win their division, and I think they still have a great chance of doing that, as the Cards are every bit as inconsistent as they are. The new look Singletary 49ers are **** exciting though. I wish he would coach the Raiders :/

Last edited:
Have followed the Redskins since the early eighties they have been a bit **** for a few years now but keeping the faith,:( its a really good game second to footie of course