Richk

Reaction score
Just wondered what experiences people have had with Zaki? I am Newcastle first season and may look to snap him up on a free for next season (from January) If I sign him what's the best way to play him?Poacher maybe?

Any thoughts welcome.

picked him up on the cheap (maybe 2m) 3rd season for Almeria. was a reserve striker and put him on as a target man for the last 15 mins if chasing a game. was odd as you would never thing he was that determined but it worked. mind you in spain the defenders are more technical than strong like in the uk.

could try adv fwd - very attacking, or deep lying so he comes deep and then makes runs or complete forward so he scores and contributes depends on formation rly

I play a 4-1-3-2 with Vaughan (on loan atm) as poacher and Carroll as Target man, so ideally he would play alongside Vaughan if i can sign him permanently. Is Zaki worth a pop then?even though he's free I don't want to sign him just because he's available (i've done that with too many players before!)

Zaki causes a lot of trouble within the squad.. He might be worth the risk on a free. He makes a good impact player with his pace and strength :)

hes a bit of an arsehole like in real life, can cause lots of trouble within the team!! Not worth getting imo.

Play him as a complete forward because for me I got him in January one year and he scored about 20 goals in 20 goals

3rd season for me in premiership with leicester, he has got 11 goals in 10 games!