Animal Abuse

I have not known anyone to abuse an animal and i hate the tv ads too. I have a dog of my own and it's upsetting to think anyone would do that to a dog :(

In the past I've offered to take care of animals that have been neglected and battered and it's something that can really get to me.

My opinion is that anybody found guilty of wounding an animal such as a dog, should be dealt with in the same way as if it was a human being. Battering and killing a dog.. in my opinion should warrant at least 12 years in prison with no chance of being released before that time.

In many instances I see attacking an animal more serious than attacking a human but I expect that's down to my thoughts of the human in question (his/her past).

In the past I've offered to take care of animals that have been neglected and battered and it's something that can really get to me.

In many instances I see attacking an animal more serious than attacking a human but I expect that's down to my thoughts of the human in question (his/her past).

Now that is just taking it to the next level

Burned rabbit:

article-1258640-08C051C5000005DC-807_634x656.jpg

Was in DailyMail this week. Discuss.

Personally I think its overdone

Burned rabbit:

article-1258640-08C051C5000005DC-807_634x656.jpg

Was in DailyMail this week. Discuss.

Personally I think its overdone

Why bother saying 'discuss' when you haven't offered an opinion or anything other than sarcastic drivel?

now that is fu*ked up about the rabbit man. that is sad :(....And eddlad saying attacking is more serious than attacking a human. humans are more important than animals. FACT. but i also dont encourage animal abuse.

My opinion is that anybody found guilty of wounding an animal such as a dog, should be dealt with in the same way as if it was a human being. Battering and killing a dog.. in my opinion should warrant at least 12 years in prison with no chance of being released before that time.

now that is fu*ked up about the rabbit man. that is sad :(....And eddlad saying attacking is more serious than attacking a human. humans are more important than animals. FACT. but i also dont encourage animal abuse.

If you read my post properly you would see that I haven't said attacking a animal is more serious than attacking a human. I stand by my original comment.

An example for you; I would value a dog's life over someone like Ian Huntley.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:
i totally agree with most of the posts on this thread, people who harm animals are scum imo!

I really do think that anyone who abuses animals should receive the same punishment
Its indescribably horrible
I really really hate people lile that

I HATE abuse to animals. I have a dog that I love to bits and the thought of him getting beaten in some way is devastating. I think animal abusers should have increased prison time as some people have already said. They are still hurting/murdering a livinging creature.

Also to the OP, that is sad to hear, especially considering I have a German Shepherd myself. I really do hope you report it mate.

As for the comment about the Rabbit. I read that article and that rabbit was set alight penned in his hatch, so seeing as you read that yourself and still felt the need to post such a stupid comment is rather odd in my opinion. There's no point having a discussion when you are making a sarcastic comment about the very POINT of the thread itself.

Right now the biggest problem around where i live in terms of animal abuse is people who use dogs as weapons, Not only the dog who becomes a weapon but the other animals which are used to train them.What makes that worse is regardless of what happens there is no hope at all for those dogs because they cannot be given a new home because they're just too dangerous now.

In normal animal abuse cases atleast the animal can be given a second chance at a good life, We have a pet shop near us that pretty much is nothing but abused reptiles, I have a Bull Snake who was badly abused but she is perfectly fine now and actually more timid than any other snake i have owned, I have 2 Bearded Dragons too who were both mistreated and have lost their tails and a few toes but i've never had a problem with them.

Sadly some animal re-homing places are just bollocks, I went with my gf to one because she wanted to give a dog a new home, She wanted a puppy as most girls do but she took a real shine to a Staffy cross, He was getting on abit, One eye and covered in scars, The kind of dog that gets overlooked but for us was ideal as she wanted a dog that needed a new home and that dog really needed a new home.

£450 they wanted for this dog, They didnt want to know anything about the area we lived in or if we had kids even though it clearly stated the dog would be better in a home without kids due to his age and his eyesight issues he was passed the whole playful petting stage.They didnt really ask anything just said it would cost £450 if we wanted the dog.

They do all these adverts saying the animals need homes and then charge £450 for a dog, What are the chances of people taking one of these dogs that clearly deserves a break when you can get a puppy out of almost any paper for free that comes without any baggage.My gf set her heart on him though so i was out £450 but it was well worth it, Took him about a month to fully settle in but its been 5 month now and he thinks he owns the place.

It's a big problem in some of the rough estates of Dublin.
Young males are buying horses for as little as €10 in a place called Clondalkin, running them into the ground for a day and then leaving the animal to starve.

A starving dog will cry for attention, a horse will just stand there in agony and die.

I remember when I was wee a guy round here had a dog a viscious thing. He cought a cat one day and cornered it and set his dog on it just tore the thing to peices.